Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

another day, another fire, another train closure

Watch out getting home...
Rail services in and out of London Bridge have been suspended due to a trackside fire.
The blaze in Blue Anchor Lane in Bermondsey, south-east London, has put gas cylinders at risk.

An exclusion zone, which could last 24 hours, is in place and the line between New Cross and London Bridge is closed.

It has also affected Southeastern, Southern and First Capital Connect services to Cannon Street, Charing Cross and Waterloo East.

The train company worst affected was Southeastern, which was diverting services, where possible, into Victoria and Blackfriars stations.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6683641.stm

Comments

• Yep, caused me grief getting in. Left Sittingbourne just after 9, and have only just made it into Canary Wharf after sitting at Dartford for about 30 mins...
  • What with this, the other warehouse fire and the Cutty Sark it's like someone's trying to burn down SE London at the moment.
  • [cite]Posted By: Wilma[/cite]What with this, the other warehouse fire and the Cutty Sark it's like someone's trying to burn down SE London at the moment.

Looks likes the Spanners are starting pre-season training a little early this year
  • Wrecked my game today - my lads are currently playing without their defender and manager. Took the morning off forgetting that somehow or the other when your really depend on them, the trains will royally cock up your plans. That and having a goal chalked off at the Valley has put me in a top mood! Well done for yesterday everyone.
  • I had to spend 50mins in Preston as some selfish xxxx jumped in front of a train at Lancaster. I know exams are stressful but jesus christ, they're not that important. Feel sorry for the family, what a stupid kid.
  • If any of you are still here, waiting to get trains, a mate just called from Victoria and said Victoria station has now also been closed due to overcrowding! People everywhere....
  • [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]Wrecked my game today - my lads are currently playing without their defender and manager. Took the morning off forgetting that somehow or the other when your really depend on them, the trains will royally cock up your plans. That and having a goal chalked off at the Valley has put me in a top mood! Well done for yesterday everyone.

did you score sco, i musta missed that!