Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Auction - "Charlton's Long Good Friday "

"The Story of Charlton Athletic's first season back in Division One" By Peter Barratt

A 24 page Club publication telling the story of the first season in the top flight for nearly 40 years plus the trip to Wembley.

In very good condition.  Black and white photos and a colour centrefold of the Wembley squad

For sale by open auction.  Starting bid is £5   Auction ends Thursday 4th August at 5.00pm

Donated by me.  Part of the ongoing series of auction's from Bromley Addicks and Charlton Life to raise money for the Academy.

Comments

• edited August 2011
  • edited August 2011
  • Thank you sir.
  • Should have known with a handbook Stig would soon on the scene.

£6 sterling it is
  • Henry, just a suggestion but these auctions seem to go crazy whenever there's a glimpse - just a tease - of your seductive handle. You might want to bear this in mind in future.

(Have already got this, so on that basis - I'm out!)
  • Henry, just a suggestion but these auctions seem to go crazy whenever there's a glimpse - just a tease - of your seductive handle. You might want to bear this in mind in future.

(Have already got this, so on that basis - I'm out!)
    Funny you should say but as I took the pics the door was behind me, the handle gleaming in the afternoon sun, jutting out proudly like a...

better stop there but you get the picture : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• thanks Mr B.

Auction closes today
  • £12 with Stonemuse.

Any more from Brunello or Stig?

All proceeds to the Academy remember.
  • thanks Mr B.

Auction closes today tomorrow

• thanks Mr B.

Auction closes today tomorrow When it reaches £100

• Sorry, I'm out.
  • Stig has bottled it   is bluffing made a tactical withdrawal
  • You sure this is going to the Academy? I'm not good at all this ebay stuff.
  • I wouldn't mind Bryan but I sent you the spreadsheet last week : - )

Over £750 raised so far if everyone pays up.

• £15 for the book.

Like all high-rollers I come in late.....

• Sponsored links:

• last day today.

very nice history of an historic season written at the time.

we produced a handbook for the 80/81 promotion season which was also our 75th year as a club  then only "long Good Friday until 89/90.  Strange.

At least now we get a handbook every year.  New one out tomorrow.

• Congratulations Bryan,

Let me know how you want to collect.

Thanks to everyone else for bidding
  • Henry, are you going to Notts County? We could secretly exchange brown envelopes.

Sadly I won't be at the Valley on Saturday

• Sorry missing Notts.

Reading?
  • last day today.

very nice history of an historic season written at the time.

we produced a handbook for the 80/81 promotion season which was also our 75th year as a club  then only "long Good Friday until 89/90.  Strange.

At least now we get a handbook every year.  New one out tomorrow.

It's not very strange when you look at the economics of it. Low standalone sales and the club has never been very successful/very good* at selling advertising space in publications.

It also comes down to individuals. I produced the 89/90 and 90/91 handbooks gratis; then Nolan's Diary, apart from the club, which was a variation. The handbooks aren't great, but it was just me on an Amstrad (with input from Colin, Tom and Steve Dixon, I think).

Peter Barratt was in a similar situation with the Long Good Friday, AFAIK.

*delete as applicable.