Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Recommend a bank holiday day out.....

within an hours drive of The Valley ?

what's your suggestions

Comments

• Whitstable.... if the sun's shining it's the place to go. Seafood and beer on the beach. Perfect.
  • Walking through Castle woods and a beer in the Bull on Shootershill!Great beer garden
  • ahhh i love that bar/resturant on the beach.. does the best fish & chips..
    i often take my son there
  • Welling, you could help paint the barriers at PVR.
  • Eynsford by the river if its sunny - not this weekend then.
  • ScoSco
    edited May 2007
    The weather might be a bit rubbish unfortunately.

Eagle Heights in Eynsford is a great afternoon if your into birds (!) a few other animals there too. Great views over the Darenth Valley during the displays. Pubs in Eynsford before/after make it a decent destination all round.
  • [cite]Posted By: carlingaddick[/cite]ahhh i love that bar/resturant on the beach.. does the best fish & chips..

This place?

http://www.oysterfishery.co.uk/
  • Eynsford is great lovely little restaurant there sells lobster!mind you a couple of miles down the road is Otford!love the place
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: carlingaddick[/cite]ahhh i love that bar/resturant on the beach.. does the best fish & chips..

This place?

http://www.oysterfishery.co.uk/

thats the baby!!!
  • edited May 2007
    our kids love godstone farm.but these type of places tend to get rammed.

i'll get my goat.
  • Sponsored links:

• as well as Eynsford, Yulding is also lovely if the sun's out if you want to relax with a beer and a bit of water.
  • There's a medieval fair on at Hall Place - includes jousting.

Is the good knight Sir Ollie taking part? ;o)
  • I'll be there with my wench and vassals..
  • [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]The weather might be a bit rubbish unfortunately.

Eagle Heightsin Eynsford is a great afternoon if your into birds (!) a few other animals there too. Great views over the Darenth Valley during the displays. Pubs in Eynsford before/after make it a decent destination all round.
    Tie that in with a visit to Lullingstone Castle - nice strolling in the area too, down to Shoreham etc.

Have a nice bank holiday one and all.
  • edited May 2007
    yes but won't every other mucker be there..... Eynsford best on a non-bank holiday methinks? Anyway isnt it going to piss down all weekend?
  • Oh and the Castle Inn in Chiddingstone a is a great pub for lunch and one of these walks:

http://www.castleinn.co.uk/walks.html
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]Oh and the Castle Inn in Chiddingstone a is a great pub for lunch and one of these walks:

http://www.castleinn.co.uk/walks.html

excellent pub
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]within an hours drive of The Valley ?

what's your suggestions

My house, to watch a re-run of THAT goal! :-)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Whitstable.... if the sun's shining it's the place to go. Seafood and beer on the beach. Perfect.[/quote]

top suggestion
    I'll be on the beach there tomorrow
    live band in the Neptune in the evening so will have some of that as well
  • the forecast is not good :o(
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]There's a medieval fair on at Hall Place - includes jousting.

Is the good knight Sir Ollie taking part? ;o)

ha ha, i am going there if the weather is good, been organised for a while now, and was going to suggest it to Afka dude. Afka dude, yyou should go hall place innit there is a medivel fate thingy!
  • edited May 2007
    my sons going to that...
    so watch out with the jousts please...!!
  • i reckon the weather will be shiyte anyway, so wont go if thats the case.

good to meet you the other day anyway dooood
  • & you O!
  • Howlett's - go ape!!!