Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

derby or west brom

who do you want to get promoted?

for me it would have to be west brom.

1, the perry connection.
2, the deano connection.
3, they didn't dig too deep when we got andy hunt on a freebie, (IMO surely we must have approached him and offered a 'signing on' fee before he became available).
4, the hawthorns is the wettest i've ever been at a ground.
5, the brunswick is a better drink up than *insert wba pub* (throstle?).
6, cheap train tickets deals on midland mainline *dons anorak, nhs glasses, fills flask and sharpens pencil with notebook*.

Comments

• 7, the three teams who came down last season will have gone back up - and taken their parachute money with them.....more chance for us to do well?

Re your 4, I thought Swindon away had that accolade? Steve Jones scored the winning goal and we were singing "We're wet and we know we are". It didn't stop raining from the minute we left home until the minute we got back!
  • derby for me - got family who are st holders up there.
  • [cite]Posted By: valleyd50[/cite]
    Re your 4, I thought Swindon away had that accolade? Steve Jones scored the winning goal and we were singing "We're wet and we know we are". It didn't stop raining from the minute we left home until the minute we got back!

i was one of about a dozen people who got complimentary tickets and they sat us in an empty block of about 1000 seats. how amusing was it watching 1000's of fellow fans trying to bribe stewards for entry to my stand, whilst they were trying to control their plastic macs in gale force conditions.
    i did this with my coat on the seat next to me, my legs on the seat in front with my hands behind my head reclining whilst watching the game.
    so wba is the wettest i have been at a game;-)
  • WBA the wettest I have ever been too.

Always a good welcome, and met a nice bunch of Baggies when they played a couple of pre-season friendlies over here a couple of years ago.

Also got a friend whose a Forest fan, so it will be nice to see him smiling for a change.

So WBA it is then...
  • West Brom...

Deano/Perry might be let go if they go up and i think we should be looking at getting some character back at our club

Derby is a far better away trip and i can see them struggling a bit next year with Davies and the board not exactly best mates and Barnes might be tempted away, not including the whole play-off heartbreak hangover that seems to strike the losing side
  • West Brom for me, too. Them out of the division = more chance to bounce straight back.

The only downside is that Adrian Chiles and Frank Skinner will have a good day today.
  • West Brom, they would be a much bigger threat next season.

If Derby fail to go up then its basically "Summer Sale" time at Pride Park given their parlous finances and you just know Davies will soon get poached as well, probably by the first Premiership side to axe their boss next season.
  • [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]who do you want to get promoted?

for me it would have to be west brom.

I agree PBS- get them out of the league 'cos they are going to be there or thereabout if they don't go up.
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite] and sharpens pencil with notebook*.

How the hell do you do that? ;-)
  • West Brom - for Deano, Perry, and to remove another richer club from the Championship!

But I'm looking forward to the match regardless, should be a good one.
  • West Brom because I have already been there and want to visit Derby next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: valleyd50[/cite]

i was one of about a dozen people who got complimentary tickets and they sat us in an empty block of about 1000 seats. how amusing was it watching 1000's of fellow fans trying to bribe stewards for entry tomystand, whilst they were trying to control their plastic macs in gale force conditions.
    i did this with my coat on the seat next to me, my legs on the seat in front with my hands behind my head reclining whilst watching the game.
    so wba is the wettestihave been at a game;-)
    Did you have a Charlton flag in the Swindon end? You should of seen the looks on our faces when we spotted it. I remember the guys near the flag waving at us with the biggest grins I had ever seen!
  • West Brom for me too - I really fancy a trip to the Brunswick next year.
  • That'll be us putting the mockers on them then!
  • Oh well, looks like most of you are going to be disappointed. Derby have just won 1-0.

On a happier note, we are £3 away from breaking the £14,000 mark (before Gift Aid) on the Just Giving site.
  • Another trip to The Vine ...ah well
  • do you think derby's keeper is pleased?
  • Just goes to show that Billy Davies was probably right to turn down our job offer. They're on the up and we're on the slide!
  • Wasn't ever going to be West Brom's day - dominated possession, had lots of chances and definitely the better side.

But you can't argue the fact that over the course of the season, Derby had won 8 more points and finished above West Brom.

Just goes to show the playoffs are a real lottery.
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Just goes to show that Billy Davies was probably right to turn down our job offer. They're on the up and we're on the slide!

But if he had taken the Charlton job who knows how things might have turned out for us or for Derby. Maybe the Rams would have employed Dowie.

As it is Davies has got a club promoted via the play-offs the same as Dowie did (and Pardew and Curbs) and has also lost in the play-offs (like Dowie, Pards and Curbs).

Good luck to Derby and Davies, deserved it having finished points ahead of West Brom and the others and being in the top three most of the season. Not really got any feelings for Derby or Davies either way but prefer to not to see the same old teams going back up again after relegation (next year excepted of course)
  • [cite]Posted By: PeakeysRocket[/cite]do you think derby's keeper is pleased?

Just a tiny bit- also made me laugh when he rubbed his "man-boob" after catching the ball with his chest- brilliant!

Have to say- went to watch the match at my local wanting West Brom to win for Perry and Kiely's sakes- came away thinking how crap Phillips has become over the past 9 years and suprised that Greening ( aka Jesus lookalike) is still playing (and losing).

Thought Billy Davies looked empassioned but wasn't sure about how genuine it was- be interested to see if anyone felt the same or whether it was the beer clouding my judgment.
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Just goes to show that Billy Davies was probably right to turn down our job offer. They're on the up and we're on the slide![/quote]

He was still at Preston when we offered him the job.
  • Derby, next season's Watford?

Discuss.
  • Davies has done a good job and should have been our manager over Dowie..he's in the prem now and look where we are...life can be funny that way...
  • I think West Brom will now come apart to a certain extent...Camara, Robinson, Phillips, etc...will all leave I expect. Phillips...maybe Sunderland with them coming up and Quinn being the Owner/Chairman/Whatever?? Gera and Koumas will likely go as they are better than the Championship, especially with Koumas being voted best player outside of the premiership. I would be surprised if all of West Brom's best players at the moment are still there at the start of next season.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: trickyrickycafc[/cite]I think West Brom will now come apart to a certain extent...Camara, Robinson, Phillips, etc...will all leave I expect. Phillips...maybe Sunderland with them coming up and Quinn being the Owner/Chairman/Whatever?? Gera and Koumas will likely go as they are better than the Championship, especially with Koumas being voted best player outside of the premiership. I would be surprised if all of West Brom's best players at the moment are still there at the start of next season.[/quote]

Depends on their finances, I suppose. Do they get a second year of Parachute payments? How does that work?
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend_Or_Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: valleyd50[/cite]

i was one of about a dozen people who got complimentary tickets and they sat us in an empty block of about 1000 seats. how amusing was it watching 1000's of fellow fans trying to bribe stewards for entry tomystand, whilst they were trying to control their plastic macs in gale force conditions.
    so wba is the wettestihave been at a game;-)
    Did you have a Charlton flag in the Swindon end? You should of seen the looks on our faces when we spotted it. I remember the guys near the flag waving at us with the biggest grins I had ever seen!

we (about a dozen of us) were in the stand to your right. i cant remember having a flag, but with all the empty seats around i certainly were guilty of a (dry) grin.
  • edited May 2007
    Koumas
    Gera
    Kamara
    Curtis Davies
    Ellington
    Phillips

All could do a job in the premiership IMO.
    They will loose 4/6 of these and they couldn't get promoted with them. I reckon they will struggle next year.
  • And surprise, surprise:
    Derby chairman Peter Gadsby is to stage urgent talks with boss Billy Davies to clarify the Scot's Pride Park future.

Davies refused to guarantee he would be at Derby next season, despite guiding them into the top flight with a play-off final win against West Brom.

The Scot hinted at a rift with the board over the failure to appoint David Kelly as his assistant at Derby.

Gadsby told BBC Five Live Sport: "He is going to take the club on but there are a few things we need to sort out."

I can't help thinking Davies would not have worked well at Charlton, somehow,
  • that was the reason (or one of) that he didnt join us wasnt it because we werent going to let him bring in his own backroom staff?

i blame Andrew Mills and the South Stand
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]that was the reason (or one of) that he didnt join us wasnt it because we werent going to let him bring in his own backroom staff?

i blame Andrew Mills and the South Stand

I don't think the Fans Director should escape this witch hunt either........Now if only anyone actually knew what he looked like!