Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sixty Six - The Film

What a little gem!

We sat down and watched it last night, not a dry eye in the house - except for yours truly obviously.... Mrs Chirps was bawling at the end. Kids loved it.
Some really funny bits and some poignant ones too.
If you are a big/little brother or parent and this does not move you, then you have a heart of stone!

Comments

• never heard of it. Synopis please M.
  • edited May 2007
    A story of a young Jewish boy who wants his Bar Mitzvah to be bigger and better than his big brother's was. Sadly events transpire against him, the biggest one being England's progress in the World Cup.
    His big day is booked for Sat 30th July 1966...........

You'll love it.
  • Cheers. Rings a bell now. I'd get it out on DVD but don't belong to a DVD shop/club.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Cheers. Rings a bell now. I'd get it out on DVD but don't belong to a DVD shop/club.
    Henry, I've got a promotion code for 30 days free membership of www.lovefilm.com if you want one. You can get up to 3 discs out a time, and there's no late fees.
  • [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Cheers. Rings a bell now. I'd get it out on DVD but don't belong to a DVD shop/club.
    Henry, I've got a promotion code for 30 days free membership ofwww.lovefilm.comif you want one. You can get up to 3 discs out a time, and there's no late fees.

nice one. Whisper it to me as I don't want the rest of the riff-raff on here getting in on our deal ; -)
  • It's on Sky Movies tonight 5.45
  • Saw it on Sky one of the funniest openings I have ever seen
  • saw it on a Saturday, good film, though i must come under the heart of stone camp because i wasn't that moved !!
  • I was not that moved eitherbut the bit at the beggining before the credits was hilarious, especially when the kid with Polio (including leg Calipers (sp?)) got picked before him for football