Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

So I'm going to Madrid............

edited August 2011 in Not Sports Related
Hi guys, just booked a 4 day city break in Madrid for my 21st, will be there the 1st week of November, just wondering if any of you can give me some good advice on where to go, what to see, where to eat/drink etc. and how much it's all going to cost me! Santiago Bernabeu trip will be done, but other than that I have no idea what this city has to offer. 

Cheers

Comments

• Athletico Madrid game or possibly Real Madrid.
  • Fairly expensive city but lots to see and can be done cheap and cheerful if you do your research! I would be prepared for any weather that time of year though you could get anything from last dregs of warmth to torrential autumn rains. Club suggestion - Kapital. Definitely do a Bernabeu tour/game worth every penny and the cheapest tickets in the gods are normally only 35-40 Euros which is fairly cheap for Spain as long as it's not a big game.
  • Athletico Madrid game or possibly Real Madrid.
    Unfortunately Real Madrid are away whilst Im there, and I leave Madrid about an hour before Athletico are due to play Udinese in the Europa League :( 
  • Ok don't do a game then ;-)
  • Keep.your money and belongings in sight seen loads of people have stuff Nicked in there and Barcelona
  • Madrid has three league teams, the one everybody forgets is Rayo Vallecano. They might be at home.

http://www.rayovallecano.es/
  • Keep.your money and belongings in sight seen loads of people have stuff Nicked in there and Barcelona
    just like in London then really. Or any other big city for that matter. Don't wander around like a hayseed with a camera dangling off your arm and a big tourist map hanging out of your pocket with a stupid grin on your face and you'll be fine.

• The bernabau tour is a must mate!  18euros I think it was and a great little restraunt afterwards just down the road http://www.cadenalateral.com/