Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Billy Sharp

edited May 2007 in Rumours
Dont know if this has been mentioned on here lately but in the paper say's norwich and a few others are intrested in him scunthope saying they want 2million for him surely we must be looking to get him.

Comments

• Definately
  • I think we need more muscle in the middle of the park before we do the whole budget on centre-forwards....
  • In the gospel that is the Sun it says they've made an offer worth up to 2.5m.
    If Norwich get him and keep Earnshaw and Huckerby then that's a lethal strikeforce at our level next season.
  • Seems a good player but I'd still like someone in the mold of Mark Bright with some nous to come in and do the job bright did in '98. Brian McBride maybe but I doubt we could afford him even if Fulham let him go.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Seems a good player but I'd still like someone in the mold of Mark Bright with some nous to come in and do the job bright did in '98. Brian McBride maybe but I doubt we could afford him even if Fulham let him go.[/quote]

I know what you mean Henry, but I think that Pards has ear-marked Chris Iwulemo as the target-man and I doubt we'll get another similar type in.

Problem is that the money is so great in the Prem these days that the veterans hang around for ages because of the top wages (which we can no longer pay in the CCC).

When we got Brighty that was not really the case as much as it is now although I agree that McBride would be an ideal guy to bring in.
  • McBride would be a massive coup, sadly i think is now out of our budget.
  • Agreed, the thing is now that it is just not worth an older Prem player (like Fowler, for example) to come and play in the CCC. The wage gap is so large that its hardly worth it for playing another 8 games in shite grounds and much more physical football.