Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

anybody on here not got a season ticket

any overseas fans buying an u11 s/ticket for £99 to reserve their spot for, hopefully, the next two seasons so they can pop over for selected matches, which they probably do anyway...

Comments

• No, I renewed my "normal" season ticket.
    And I think you have to give some proof of age when you buy a 99 pounds season ticket?
  • edited May 2007
    you not got a younger brother, nephew or neighbour's kid that could apply for one so you can upgrade it from time to time ?...£99 over two seasons to ensure you can always get a ticket to a match is not a bad deal...a bit like vg but cheaper over 2 seasons and probably only a fraction less chance of actually winning something...
  • hello ltgtr

why are you trying to promote a cost saving scheme to the detriment of your club?

surely we should be boosting revenue not telling those how to save a couple of quid at the expense of the club?

I agree that £99 is better than no ticket, but we should encourage those adults to buy full price tickets, to boost our income, not to make £99 to fill a seat for 3 games a season.

I'm not quite sure what point you're trying to make? unless its just me
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]hello ltgtr

why are you trying to promote a cost saving scheme to the detriment of your club?

surely we should be boosting revenue not telling those how to save a couple of quid at the expense of the club?

I agree that £99 is better than no ticket, but we should encourage those adults to buy full price tickets, to boost our income, not to make £99 to fill a seat for 3 games a season.

I'm not quite sure what point you're trying to make? unless its just me

No, it's not just you Suzi.
  • Think I might find it hard convincing a turnstile operator I was under 11. I had a season ticket until the season before last - it was used quite often when I couldn't attend but I realised I knew enough people with season tickets that I could get a ticket when I came back.

Anyway - next season is all about away games for me.
  • i just want to see us sell as many s/tickets as we can...i've got used to the idea of a full valley and i like it...i dont think the u11 offer will do much to sell more tickets on its own...i dont care that i coughed up my money early and i would care even less if the club reintroduced the same scheme to try and fill the ground...in fact i'd probably be happy if it does sell more tickets...& if i can start a debate on here that gives everybody food for thought, whether they agree with me or not, and the club's directors have something to give consideration to, then that's fine by me...sticking on 17k s/tickets, though that may be a fantastic number, could mean chunks of empty red seats for some games...and empty seats tend to breed like rabbits if they get a hold...
  • [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]i just want to see us sell as many s/tickets as we can...i've got used to the idea of a full valley and i like it...i dont think the u11 offer will do much to sell more tickets on its own...i dont care that i coughed up my money early and i would care even less if the club reintroduced the same scheme to try and fill the ground...in fact i'd probably be happy if it does sell more tickets...& if i can start a debate on here that gives everybody food for thought, whether they agree with me or not, and the club's directors have something to give consideration to, then that's fine by me...sticking on 17k s/tickets, though that may be a fantastic number, could mean chunks of empty red seats for some games...and empty seats tend to breed like rabbits if they get a hold...
    You keep going ltgtr, thats what this place is all about
  • edited May 2007
    i agree that its better to sell a £99 ticket, than no ticket, i said that up there. but we should encourage people to buy full price tickets and then pass on to mates for games they can't make rather than sell a £99 ticket to perhaps a not so committed person that would turn up every now and then and not really care.

i agree a full valley is a better valley, but if i wasn't 11, i wouldn't buy a kids s/t just to save me a few quid and upgrade as and when. (edited to say, i'm not 11! but you know what i mean)

i'd rather have it 90% full of fully committed charlton fans who are willing to pay to see us win and encourage the team with their voices and their wallets!
  • Me and Ginger have

Young Theo and and the other lad dont

They were last week getting them but for what ever reason best known to themselves changed there minds

Think Theo could not handle the Theo Theo gives a song every game? ? ?
  • My dad bought the £99 ticket and upgraded as and when last season. The last few games though he took the neighbours kid and now him and his dad are buying tickets for next year!!

And my dad is renewing the £99 ticket.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think what LTGTR is saying is that if you can't get to many games then simply buy a child ticket, thus ensuring a seat. Then when you can get to a game simply go to the box office and pay the upgrade fee (the club are happy to do this) and then use the upgraded ticket to view that match.

Unless the club sells out more games than the fan doing this can get to then they are not losing out in any way, shape or form, and the fan who can only get to 5 or 6 games a season is paying something like £170 rather than £315 to guarantee their seat.

Makes perfect sense to me.
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]i agree that its better to sell a £99 ticket, than no ticket, i said that up there. but we should encourage people to buy full price tickets and then pass on to mates for games they can't make rather than sell a £99 ticket to perhaps a not so committed person that would turn up every now and then and not really care.

i agree a full valley is a better valley, but if i wasn't 11, i wouldn't buy a kids s/t just to save me a few quid and upgrade as and when.

i'd rather have it 90% full of fully committed charlton fans who are willing to pay to see us win and encourage the team with their voices and their wallets!

but the likes of you and i can make it along for all the home games...there will be fans that cant but will want to be able to get along to the match when they do...if we go back up to the prem, those fans will be guaranteed a ticket to any match whether its man u, chelsea, arse, liverpool...and all for a £10 upgrade...tell me that doesn't make sense...also, now the chavs tickets have all been sold, a £99 s/ticket upgraded 23 times at £10 a pop equals £329...
  • But we're not sticking on 17k. We've sold 500 since the deadline and I expect there to be more sold during the summer and during the last minute rush as there always is. The push to sell is going on all summer, no one has given up or said 17k is fine let's put our feet up. We don't want empty seats and will sell as many as we can but sometimes offers etc have a limited lifetime and you have to move on and not lie to fans or break promises about cut off dates for offers.

Do carry on making suggestions but do expect to have them tested in debate.
  • [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]i just want to see us sell as many s/tickets as we can...i've got used to the idea of a full valley and i like it...

then that actually goes against your argument,

because encouraging thousands of people who are not going to be regular visitors to buy the cheap kid to guarantee a seat, will actually leave a hell of a lot of empty seats on a match by match basis.
  • thats the point i'm trying to make but you put it better than me!

i don't think its essentially wrong to buy a £99 ticket and upgrade as and when. personally i wouldn't do it, because a> i can go to most if not all home games. b> i can afford and will afford the full price st, because they're reasonable and i'm 'supporting' my club.

if they were extortionate then i might have to rethink, £99 is some support more than 0.

however, like afka says, £99 for a ticket when you go 3 times a year, is still an empty seat for majority of the season.
  • afka - but i'm not encouraging them, i'm only highlighting the possibility and thereby making a case for the club to consider extending the offer back to fans of all ages...actually, does that offer fall foul of the age discrimiation act...anybody know ?
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]i just want to see us sell as many s/tickets as we can...i've got used to the idea of a full valley and i like it...i dont think the u11 offer will do much to sell more tickets on its own...i dont care that i coughed up my money early and i would care even less if the club reintroduced the same scheme to try and fill the ground...in fact i'd probably be happy if it does sell more tickets...& if i can start a debate on here that gives everybody food for thought, whether they agree with me or not, and the club's directors have something to give consideration to, then that's fine by me...sticking on 17k s/tickets, though that may be a fantastic number, could mean chunks of empty red seats for some games...and empty seats tend to breed like rabbits if they get a hold...
    You keep going ltgtr, thats what this place is all about

good post westside innit!
  • [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]

Anyway - next season is all about away games for me.

I would have thought that all games for you are away games.