Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paddy McCarthy

2»

Comments

• Options
    As stated, I didn't feel he did well at Stoke. I did however feel he did ok v Scunthorpe, and will continue to give him the full support that any new player who's chosen Charlton deserves. We've had plenty of not-very-nimble centre halves down the years, and can't expect to unearth a Rufus every season. If the bloke gives 100%, he may not necessarily be my first choice, but he'll always get my backing.
  • Options
    Yes BFR, Bolder's debut was an absolute shocker but the way he came back from that was unbelievable and I don't think he missed a single game in the top flight for us for the rest of the 86/87 season after the Man City game through till relegation in 89/90 and only lost his place through injury. Let's hope McCarthy has a similar career path with us.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    About the time Paddy signed, I seem to remember the OS saying something like he was signed for his leadership and strong organisational skills.

So definitely signed to play for the team and not just a squad player.

On Saturday, he was turned too easily. Also, lack of pace worried me.
    But then you could have said the same of Jorge Costa.

So his effectiveness could depend on who he is paired with.

Anyway. as others have already pointed out, it's early days and we must give him a chance to settle.
  • Options
    curbs made us into a respectable premiership club and didn't get the respect he deserved and since he's gone it's hardly been upward for the mighty addicks!! until someone get's us up into the promised land and keeps us there then he is king but the king is dead...... but all this blind love for pardew (someone who'd run to west ham if he ever got offered the job back) is a joke but he IS the best man available to do what i think will be a nigh on impossible job in returning us to the promised land and whoever manages us will have my full support in the stadium!!
  • Options
    glad to hear it ooooh aaaah. but crashing on about curbs is god aint gonna get us back into the promised land.

I reckon tho oooihhhh aaaaahhhh, agree to disagree??
  • Options
    i agree MCS....... I know i don't give a flying fcuk about curbs west ham spurs or anyone else, all i care about is charlton and i'll never forget where we got here from
  • Options
    fair enough dude
  • Options
    leave it out oohaah,he was never one of us.