Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Women's Team Saved

On official site now.....

Not sure if this has already been posted, if so, I'll await my Titanic sinks replies :-)

Comments

• Options
    Yipeee
  • Options
    All those people who were whining about them being disbanded can now go & start watching them again......oh no... they never even went in the first place :-)
  • Options
    shame all the players have buggered off to other clubs
  • Options
    I feel really let down by the attitude of the players doing that. Didn't we mean anything to them? Where's their commitment?
  • Options
    as i said before - women and football is just not natural and they should all stick to netball or being homemakers instead of trying to be all macho and think they can actually play a game that is meant for MEN ONLY.
  • Options
    Strange that the new separate Community Trust has saved them. Will the new owners just concentrate on just the male playing side.
  • Options
    CGAFF
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I feel really let down by the attitude of the players doing that. Didn't we mean anything to them? Where's their commitment?

LOL. Good one splitter
  • Options
    Lets hope that after all the fuss the attendances shoot up and make it a money making exercise to help our poor club.

Weegie want to see you fly down from scotland for the fixtures.
  • Options
    Depending what happens with club ownership on the men's side, I might just do that instead, Curb_It!

WSS - good point, don't think they'll be challenging for honours now that many of the good players have gone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All the players have gone!! Mercenaries
  • Options
    They have been saved just in time to clean the seats in the North Upper :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]They have been saved just in time to clean the seats in the North Upper :-)

Haha earn the right to play for us. Biatches!! ;-)
  • Options
    Im really pleased that the Ladies side has been reinstated. However the damage was done long ago with the lack of PR. Now all the best players have found new clubs, but I for one, wish them well.

Tel
  • Options
    Wheres grapevine now then.
  • Options
    I assume all the players that looked after themselves and jumped ship will be showing their loyalty and returning to the club?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I assume all the players that looked after themselves and jumped ship will be showing their loyalty and returning to the club?
    to be fair to the Doris' if i was told my place of work was shutting down then i'd go for another job.

there were no guarantees that CAFCW would be brought back and they're not exactly earning a fortune.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I assume all the players that looked after themselves and jumped ship will be showing their loyalty and returning to the club?
    to be fair to the Doris' if i was told my place of work was shutting down then i'd go for another job.

there were no guarantees that CAFCW would be brought back and they're not exactly earning a fortune.

Not the point they were well quick to slate their employers who were evidently working harder than they should have been to resurrect them and their poxy side-show cirucus team
  • Options
    ha ha ha.

**runs away before Weegie comes and beats us all** ;-)
  • Options
    I'm firing the bait out but haven't even got a nibble yet!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I'm firing the bait out but haven't even got a nibble yet!!

Sounds like a standard Friday/Saturday night for you Dicko....

;-)
  • Options
    women football.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,womens golf zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,womens sport zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
  • Options
    Oi Medders you're gonna meet my friend PAAAAAIIINNN
  • Options
    I hope all the whingers and Varney haters will send us pictures of them eating their very large slices of humble pie?

I could not care less about the womens team but the fact that Varney and co have been working hard behind the scenes to save them tells you a hell of a lot about the high quality people we have in charge at the club.

As Ketman says, I very much look forward to all the "outraged of Gravesend's" now getting their whingeing arses down to watch the womens team, and paying for it of course. Now lets see you all put your money where your mouths were.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]

As Ketman says, I very much look forward to all the "outraged of Gravesend's" now getting their whingeing arses down to watch the womens team, and paying for it of course. Now lets see you all put your money where your mouths were.

Quite mate, quite.

Should we play guess the attendance for the womens teams home games? I will expect evryone from here who was honking on about this and how it was bad PR to be in attendance regularly. And equally if the PR was so bad why have I not seen anything in the press about this major develpoment? Perhaps people don't really care??
  • Options
    To be honest, I couldn't give two hoots for the women's team.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]

Quite mate, quite.

Should we play guess the attendance for the womens teams home games? I will expect evryone from here who was honking on about this and how it was bad PR to be in attendance regularly. And equally if the PR was so bad why have I not seen anything in the press about this major develpoment? Perhaps people don't really care??

I'll guess at 15, which includes two stray dogs.
  • Options
    I think that estimate is un-duly harsh Off_It I'll wager the attendance will be nearer 21.
  • Options
    In an attempt to balance this thread I had a quick scan through the "womens team axed" thread and found that a majority of the posts questioning the decision came with the main viewpoint that it might reflect badly on the club, not that it was detrimental to their Charlton support (although I recall one which I couldn't find that stated this latter point). As for some of the posts that dismiss women's sports entirely, I really find it hard to see why it might bother you so much.
  • Options
    I know of one Charlton fan of 50 years and regular follower of the women's team who has told me he won't be coming to the men's games anymore as a result of how he feels the womens team have been treated. He will still go to women's games and Welling and Bromley. I don't agree with him but respect his views as he did actually go to the women's teams game.

Not have any e-mails since the annoucement. I am tempted to re-contact the Burton Albion fan who called us a mickey mouse club and a few others who slagged us off such as the Man City fan (city don't have a women's team) but I won't.

I think a great deal of the moaning was becaue of the failure of the men's team and relegation. The women's team was an easy stick to beat the club with and so vent frustration.

Glad that it will continue for at least three years and as part of the trust so not effected by what the club does.