Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Songs you just can't bear to listen to...

Not songs that you just don't like very much but those that you can't stand to listen to. Those that'll make you switch radio station (even in somebody else's car) or just turn it off and give up on music altogether or in extreme circumstances take a sledge hammer to the offending speaker cones.

I'll start with 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun' by Cyndi Lauper. I've nothing at all against girls having fun but her voice in this song makes me want to scratch my own eyes out.

Corrinne Bailey-Rae. No I shan't put my records on if they sound even remotely like this tripe.

Also, oddly, as I'm a fan of the Stranglers; 'Golden Brown'. Can't stand it.

Anyone got any more that they want to share with the group?

Comments

• anything by that nonce r kelly! awful awful awful worse than bryan giggs!
  • anything by Bryan Adams or Meatloaf, middle of the road vomit inducing shiite.
  • Come on Eileen by DMRs or anything by Chumbaw*nka reduce me to a very irrational person. Mika is rapidly joining their ranks.
  • oh yeah and absolutely any RnB, what a waste of time that is, real slushy self serving rubbish that will be looked back on in future years as the pap that it is.
  • All party music like Hi Ho Silver lining, come on Eileen etc etc have played it all a million times & now despise them all everytime I hear them I wanna scream aaaarrrrgghh
  • American Pie

and that song that goes "hey little mama let me light your chemicals cos baby i'm too hot to handle now" (or something like that)
  • definitely mika. i'll walk out of the office if it comes on the radio (i no longer have my own office).
  • [cite]Posted By: Steve dowman[/cite]anything by Bryan Adams or Meatloaf, middle of the road vomit inducing shiite.

Meatloaf is the daddy !!!

I can generally listen to all music, but

Anything i do - Bryan Adams
    Anything by Enrique Inglais

drives me nuts
  • Marvyn Gaye

Sexual healing

"im hot just like an oven i need some lovin"

Got to be some of the worst lyrics ever!
  • anything that palarse sing
  • Sponsored links:

• Anything by Mika, Orsen, Blunt and that Beddingfield woman
  • [cite]Posted By: AppyAddick[/cite]Marvyn Gaye

Sexual healing

"im hot just like an oven i need some lovin"

Got to be some of the worst lyrics ever!

Its getting jiggy music, show some love man !!!
  • One particular track by Tony Christie........ really pi$$es me off!
  • Yep come on eileen & american pie F**king awful records....too much god awful music out there to list
  • edited August 2007
    come into my life - joyce sims. it seemed to be played over and over again down at langtrys and i couldn't get it out of my head as the world started spinning around my head making me lose all contents of my stomach and possible an organ or 2.never been so ill in my life.just the opening jingle sends a shiver done my spine.

always and forever - heatwave. just a droning song that heartfm have to flog to death every couple of hours.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]One particular track by Tony Christie........ really pi$$es me off![/quote]

did he sing GLAD ALL OVER??
  • Surely only middle aged women listen to Heart FM anyway?
  • [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]

always and forever - heatwave. just a droning song that heartfm have to flog to death every couple of hours.

Oh God you're right, it's stuck in my head now!
  • That fucking Delilah song has just earned the radio a turning off.

Likewise Mika, and any cheesey party hits shit that people insist on requesting when I'm dj'ing. Feels like I'm selling my soul to satan.

R Kelly will also swiftly have me reaching for the off switch along with most tinned RnB effortless crap
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]That fucking Delilah song has just earned the radio a turning off

That song is the greatest song of the year so far (Assuming its Plain White T's - Hey There Delilah)

Worst song ever is Imagine by John Lennon. What a load of hypocritical sh*t. Honourable mentions to anything by Queen, and any of that stupid Death Metal Rock. Anything by Metallica and Nirvana can be included in that!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]Surely only middle aged women listen to Heart FM anyway?

I love it. :-)

esp on a saturday evening.
  • Whatever mate, it's dreary tacky crap that is written and sung by a bed wetter
  • I love all kinds of music and have a really unusual collection of stuff......with the exception of HIP Hop and Rap that I cant abide. However, apart from that anything by Morrissey will get the off button pushed pronto.
  • in my head today....

"every body's gotta love today, gotta love today, everybody's gotta love today gotta love today gotta love love me....love love me"

I think its mika, and its absolutely terrible.

I hope a few of you know this, and are singing it now, as I have to share the pain I am experiencing.
  • one nil to the palace, one nil to the palace
  • anything by 50 pence
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Whatever mate, it's dreary tacky crap that is written and sung by a bed wetter

Its fantastic use of an acoustic guitar. The greatest love song of the decade by far. (Yes, I realise taste is subjective).

Morrissey is God!!!
  • Did you know that Mika always carries a personalised jazz-mag with him? The rest us refer to it as a mirror.
  • anything by Robbie Willihams.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: dansmudge[/cite]American Pie

and that song that goes "hey little mama let me light your chemicals cos baby i'm too hot to handle now" (or something like that)[/quote]

Not even the Otis Redding version? It's very good.

Personally I find Maroon 5 intensely annoying although nowhere near the level of annoyance I reserve for Lily Allen and anything that sounds like her - it don't clucking make me smile I can tell you.