Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Championship 2026/27
Comments
-
Cardiff's 4th draw of the season. Only losing 2 of the first 6 games would be a reasonable start, except they have no wins.WHAddick said:Stoke could only draw 1 1 away at Cardiff. I know its been done to death elsewhere but just underlines how frustrating Saturday was!
Burnley still without a win. How long before we have to consider them as relegation candidates?fenaddick said:
I think Blackburn, Preston and Bolton losing is good. I'm still focussed on finishing above 3 teams for nowkillerandflash said:At this stage of the season, it's really hard to know who I want to win, as the Championship is such an unpredictable league, and so many teams could make the top 8 or be in relegation trouble.
Should I be wanting the current "good teams" to lose, to keep us near the top, or should I be cheering them on when they play the newly promoted sides and likely strugglers, to keep those teams well below us?1 -
Didn’t take too long for West Ham to find their way in this league. Will be surprised if they don’t finish top.4
-
Cardiff dominated looking at the stats. Stoke will be one of those that are strong at home and not nearly as good away.WHAddick said:Stoke could only draw 1 1 away at Cardiff. I know it’s been done to death elsewhere but just underlines how frustrating Saturday was!0 -
Stoke obviously didn’t have the benefit of a shit ref tonight.Callumcafc said:
Cardiff dominated looking at the stats. Stoke will be one of those that are strong at home and not nearly as good away.WHAddick said:Stoke could only draw 1 1 away at Cardiff. I know it’s been done to death elsewhere but just underlines how frustrating Saturday was!3 -
I watched the game to scout out our next opposition who were playing. I also watched their first game against Wrexham.Callumcafc said:
Cardiff dominated looking at the stats. Stoke will be one of those that are strong at home and not nearly as good away.WHAddick said:Stoke could only draw 1 1 away at Cardiff. I know it’s been done to death elsewhere but just underlines how frustrating Saturday was!Very similar games, they gift a goal away with defensive howler - both came from big lobs over the top of the defence not dealt with.They are as you expect an inexperienced and technical team who pass the ball for fun but lack physicality and nous.Lots of passing without much end product and I think they are certainly a stat padding team.I would be seriously worried if I was them as they look a classic sleepwalking into relegation side as they’re not a results football kind of side scrapping.Lincoln are playing the total opposite and I’d fancy them to stay up out of the two.4 -
Cardiff also have very little depth. Think they could have done with at least 3-4 more signings and now their bench is very young. Think we found out the hard way last year that you need a lot more squad depth in the championshipCAFC_boi said:
I watched the game to scout out our next opposition who were playing. I also watched their first game against Wrexham.Callumcafc said:
Cardiff dominated looking at the stats. Stoke will be one of those that are strong at home and not nearly as good away.WHAddick said:Stoke could only draw 1 1 away at Cardiff. I know it’s been done to death elsewhere but just underlines how frustrating Saturday was!Very similar games, they gift a goal away with defensive howler - both came from big lobs over the top of the defence not dealt with.They are as you expect an inexperienced and technical team who pass the ball for fun but lack physicality and nous.Lots of passing without much end product and I think they are certainly a stat padding team.I would be seriously worried if I was them as they look a classic sleepwalking into relegation side as they’re not a results football kind of side scrapping.Lincoln are playing the total opposite and I’d fancy them to stay up out of the two.3 -
6 games in with a game in hand we’re 6 points off the bottom 3 not only have we had a great start, but we’re the only “relegation candidate side” to actually be doing well.fenaddick said:
I think Blackburn, Preston and Bolton losing is good. I'm still focussed on finishing above 3 teams for nowkillerandflash said:At this stage of the season, it's really hard to know who I want to win, as the Championship is such an unpredictable league, and so many teams could make the top 8 or be in relegation trouble.
Should I be wanting the current "good teams" to lose, to keep us near the top, or should I be cheering them on when they play the newly promoted sides and likely strugglers, to keep those teams well below us?Preston Cardiff Blackburn Bolton Lincoln combined have only 1 win more than us and 75% of those wins have come against each other.In terms of expectations/predictions to just survive we couldn’t have asked for a better start.3 -
Cardiff have some decent young players, but look poorly equipped to survive, the owners have spent a fraction of what we spent last summer. Indeed of the 3 promoted teams, it's Bolton who've done the most business, though they had to do more as easily the weakest of the 3 teams last season.NabySarr said:
Cardiff also have very little depth. Think they could have done with at least 3-4 more signings and now their bench is very young. Think we found out the hard way last year that you need a lot more squad depth in the championshipCAFC_boi said:
I watched the game to scout out our next opposition who were playing. I also watched their first game against Wrexham.Callumcafc said:
Cardiff dominated looking at the stats. Stoke will be one of those that are strong at home and not nearly as good away.WHAddick said:Stoke could only draw 1 1 away at Cardiff. I know it’s been done to death elsewhere but just underlines how frustrating Saturday was!Very similar games, they gift a goal away with defensive howler - both came from big lobs over the top of the defence not dealt with.They are as you expect an inexperienced and technical team who pass the ball for fun but lack physicality and nous.Lots of passing without much end product and I think they are certainly a stat padding team.I would be seriously worried if I was them as they look a classic sleepwalking into relegation side as they’re not a results football kind of side scrapping.Lincoln are playing the total opposite and I’d fancy them to stay up out of the two.
I would be amazed if the 3 promoted teams weren't in the bottom 5 by the end of the season.1 -
Top 2 at the end of the season will be West Ham & Wolves, with Middlesbrough, Saints & Swansea all being in the top 6.DaveMehmet said:Didn’t take too long for West Ham to find their way in this league. Will be surprised if they don’t finish top.0 -
Starting to look like it was pretty beneficial for us to play them so early in the season before they could get going.DaveMehmet said:Didn’t take too long for West Ham to find their way in this league. Will be surprised if they don’t finish top.
I'd be surprised if they don't go straight back up, even if their defence does look a bit vulnerable. They have enough attacking options though (Bowen, Piroe, Castellanos, Solomon, Mukasa) to outscore most teams.9 -
Sponsored links:
-
Cardiff have some quality players but absolutely zero depth anywhere. An injury to either Colwill brother or Robertson and they'd be playing academy kids. Bolton's business has felt completely all over the placekillerandflash said:
Cardiff have some decent young players, but look poorly equipped to survive, the owners have spent a fraction of what we spent last summer. Indeed of the 3 promoted teams, it's Bolton who've done the most business, though they had to do more as easily the weakest of the 3 teams last season.NabySarr said:
Cardiff also have very little depth. Think they could have done with at least 3-4 more signings and now their bench is very young. Think we found out the hard way last year that you need a lot more squad depth in the championshipCAFC_boi said:
I watched the game to scout out our next opposition who were playing. I also watched their first game against Wrexham.Callumcafc said:
Cardiff dominated looking at the stats. Stoke will be one of those that are strong at home and not nearly as good away.WHAddick said:Stoke could only draw 1 1 away at Cardiff. I know it’s been done to death elsewhere but just underlines how frustrating Saturday was!Very similar games, they gift a goal away with defensive howler - both came from big lobs over the top of the defence not dealt with.They are as you expect an inexperienced and technical team who pass the ball for fun but lack physicality and nous.Lots of passing without much end product and I think they are certainly a stat padding team.I would be seriously worried if I was them as they look a classic sleepwalking into relegation side as they’re not a results football kind of side scrapping.Lincoln are playing the total opposite and I’d fancy them to stay up out of the two.
I would be amazed if the 3 promoted teams weren't in the bottom 5 by the end of the season.0 -
If Bielek gets his ban as he should before our game then they have no recognised CB to take his place as it stands.Same with Blackburn, their 19 year old CB got sent off and has to play 36 year old Sam Morsy at CB.To think any of us complain about our defensive options! We look positively stacked in comparison.3
-
Not sure Bielik has even been charged by the FA yet, so i think our game will come before any suspension.CAFC_boi said:If Bielek gets his ban as he should before our game then they have no recognised CB to take his place as it stands.Same with Blackburn, their 19 year old CB got sent off and has to play 36 year old Sam Morsy at CB.To think any of us complain about our defensive options! We look positively stacked in comparison.0 -
Played them at the right time.DaveMehmet said:Didn’t take too long for West Ham to find their way in this league. Will be surprised if they don’t finish top.2 -
To think we still have Edwards, Ramsay, Koumetio and technically Mcnamara to come back as well.CAFC_boi said:If Bielek gets his ban as he should before our game then they have no recognised CB to take his place as it stands.Same with Blackburn, their 19 year old CB got sent off and has to play 36 year old Sam Morsy at CB.To think any of us complain about our defensive options! We look positively stacked in comparison.Blackburns situation is even more dire than just Morsy at CB, in his post match interview Mowbray said Blackburn aren’t even training besides a warm up and a few rondos because he’s having to protect his team because of the squad size. They only have 14 first team players fit at the moment1 -
Watched Southampton v Swansea last night - exciting game to watch and plenty of quality on display. Makes our football look very pedestrian.
1 -
Southampton look very good again too, unless Eckhart gets a ban or something I think they'll go straight up even with the points deduction.DaveMehmet said:Didn’t take too long for West Ham to find their way in this league. Will be surprised if they don’t finish top.0 -
Saints will be top 4 challenging for autos and imagine Swansea will be fighting for a top 8 spot. We aren't there yethoof_it_up_to_benty said:Watched Southampton v Swansea last night - exciting game to watch and plenty of quality on display. Makes our football look very pedestrian.0 -
They moved pretty quickly to kick Southampton out of the play offs and yet here we are over 3 months later and into a new season and still no one knows what's happening to Eckert.North Lower Neil said:
Southampton look very good again too, unless Eckhart gets a ban or something I think they'll go straight up even with the points deduction.DaveMehmet said:Didn’t take too long for West Ham to find their way in this league. Will be surprised if they don’t finish top.2 -
Perhaps the EFL / FA are digging around trying to fine the evidence of them spying on other clubs, which I believe they did.Chris_from_Sidcup said:
They moved pretty quickly to kick Southampton out of the play offs and yet here we are over 3 months later and into a new season and still no one knows what's happening to Eckert.North Lower Neil said:
Southampton look very good again too, unless Eckhart gets a ban or something I think they'll go straight up even with the points deduction.DaveMehmet said:Didn’t take too long for West Ham to find their way in this league. Will be surprised if they don’t finish top.
1 -
Sponsored links:
-
We're only into match No5...remind me where are we not yet...🤔Pelling1993 said:
Saints will be top 4 challenging for autos and imagine Swansea will be fighting for a top 8 spot. We aren't there yethoof_it_up_to_benty said:Watched Southampton v Swansea last night - exciting game to watch and plenty of quality on display. Makes our football look very pedestrian.0 -
Dobson starts for Wrexham tonight against West Ham with 10 others0
-
5 changes for West Ham and 6 for Wrexham tonight, including Dobson coming in from the cold.
If both teams could somehow lose, I’d take that.
2 -
I would rather Wrexham lost as not really bothered if West Ham go up but would be annoyed if Wrexham did.10
-
100%CAFC_boi said:I would rather Wrexham lost as not really bothered if West Ham go up but would be annoyed if Wrexham did.
I'm excited for the Disney FC bubble bursting at some point1 -
Is it me or does Dobson look fat?0
-
Early days and still 0-0 but WHU battering Wrexham.
Our win looking more and more impressive by the week1 -
Brilliant save from their keeper there.0
-
Never take the piss out of fat people.ValleyGary said:Is it me or does Dobson look fat?
They have enough on their plate9 -
This is already aging well. Disney coming back into it now0













