Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leaving Sparrows Lane?

2»

Comments

• Options
    We are a London club, this move is a step towards becoming a Kent club.
    At least if the players live nearer there than Charlton then I can see some sense, but do they? In the past some have lived in Docklands and Blackheath.
  • Options
    Chelsea train in Cobham, that's not exactly on Stamford Bridge's doorstep
  • Options
    of course the conspiracy people would see this as all parts of the long-term plan.

We did get properly into bed with Kent County Council a couple of years ago now, with the mass community link-up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Chelsea train in Cobham, that's not exactly on Stamford Bridge's doorstep
    not so far out though, eg. still inside the M25
  • Options
    Why do we have hardly any fans from areas like Southwark? Do we target them at all or just Kent?
  • Options
    fish/jensen lived in chislehurst. dont know about today's players. thought ambrose lived in the Peninsula. Did D Bent keep his flat on there does anyone know?
  • Options
    West Ham are at Chadwell Heath, Spurs in Chingford, Arsenal at London Coney, Chelsea in Cobham, Fulham are in Roehampton, Palace are in Beckenham and the rest I dunno
  • Options
    Millwall in Downham!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]Millwall in Downham!

I thought Millwall trained in Deptford park, on that pitch surrounded by the old running track that's got two metal drain covers on it and is covered in dog bob.
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Right, today's programme has a double-page feature on it, with a map of the proposed site.

Sparrows Lane would be kept as an academy base and will house the Greenwich/Bexley community work, but the plan is for Kings Hill to become the first-team training base, and the architects behind Arsenal's facilities have been consulted.

The "sports village" includes full-sized and seven-a-side Astroturf and grass football pitches, rugby pitches, a bowling green, netball courts and an assault course.

Kings Hill, near Tonbridge, is described as "the county's high-profile new mixed use business and residential community", and the site CAFC, the community trust and Liberty Property Trust UK are looking at used to be known as Heath Farm. (This means nothing to me, but I suppose it might to someone.)

Varney says: "Through Liberty and potential grant funding, the £5.5m sports village development will be fully funded externally. We haven't fully costed the planned training complex, and, although I would expect it to be upwards of £5m, it is a long way off yet."

A planning application to Tonbridge and Malling Borough Council is due "in the near future".