Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

games you gave a missed - and wished you had not

2»

Comments

• Options
    The Lisbie 1-0 at the Bridge, as mentioned by Sturgess, who has the dubious pleasure of being my younger brother. Think I was suffering from a cold, had to make do with listyening on the radio.

First game back at The Valley - was at the last "home" game at Selhurst against West Ham, and the last "home" game at Upton Park against Newcastle, sadly my dad was in charge of obtaining tickets in those days and clearly didn't try hard enough.

2 - 0 in the snow at Scumwall.
  • Options
    portsmouth away in 06 when amdy faye got the winner, had a bet on with me mate, no cuttin the hair till you see charlton win away, had to happen i failed to see us win away all year
  • Options
    The 4-3 win at Villa in our 1st season in the prem.
  • Options
    4-0 V West Ham in 2006/7, had something else on, its a shame that turned out to be the main highlight of that year!
  • Options
    1998 Play Off final - mentally.

Of course I was there, but only in body. Myself and a mate sat on the grass outside Wembley and demolished a crate of stella between us.

Was absolutely plastered.

My only memories of the game have come from watching it on the TV.

Shame. Wish I had stayed completely sober.
  • Options
    Highbury 4-2. Gave our tickets away...

St. James Park 4-3. After attending every away game up to that point, threw me toys out of the pram and refused to "drive all that way to watch that shower of *****".

Doh!
  • Options
    Curiously, it seems to be a shorter list than the games you wish you had missed
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nicholas[/cite]The 4-3 win at Villa in our 1st season in the prem.

Yeh add that one onto the top of my list too.
  • Options
    Tomorrow, hopefully, for me...
  • Options
    4-4 against millwall last season.

Got dragged to manchester to see sister, brother in-law and both my little newphews.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: DartfordAddick[/cite]4-4 against millwall last season.

Got dragged to manchester to see sister, brother in-law and both my little newphews.

Trust me...it was definitley one to miss.
  • Options
    Chelsea away in the league cup 1-1 we beat them on penalties. Was ganna go to this with some friends that went and told me all about how mad they went when we won.
  • Options
    Playoff final.

I've mentioned it on here in the past. It hurts to talk about it....

I would have been about 10. Nobody to take me. I had no Charlton mates. Dad was working somewhere. Mum didn't want to take me on my own. Devestated.
  • Options
    I also missed the Boxing day clash V Chelsea. Bugger
  • Options
    A mate got me a ticket for the first game back at the Valley, but I was living in a hall of residence and didn't find out until about a week after the game - awful feeling. He didn't even manage to sell it on. The first line of the commentary says something like, 'Every seat is taken'. Well, mine wasn't.
    Missing Southampton 5-0 was also disappointing, but was on holiday with a load of saints fans. One of them got up the next day to find 5-0 written on all his cigarettes, just in case he forgot.
  • Options
    Rochdale Away '10 & '11, because I can't go on third attempt
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: EastTerrace[/cite]Rochdale Away '10 & '11, because I can't go on third attempt

Tee hee. At least Gino will have your ticket :- )
  • Options
    Posh away this season!
  • Options
    Missed 1-0 win at Old Trafford when Mark Stuart scored; had booked Spanish holiday before fixtures came out.
    Definitely would have been there as my brother was living in Altrincham.

Also missed the St Andrews play off final replay and didn't realise that highlights were shown on TV!

Missed the second half of the 0-5 at home to Leicester years ago...because my Mum, Dad and I left at half time!!!
  • Options
    Powell's goal v coventry. Gutted. Will be healed when he leads us out in the premiership though.

Cup final v Burnely in 47.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I missed the first game back at the Valley. I was working all the hours and getting to matches was quite hard. I did go to Upon Park a few times but not as much as I'd have liked.

My Dad was a VG member and he passed up the opportunity to get a ticket. In the end we decided to go on the off chance that we might get a ticket and just to experience the atmosphere.

I was offered a ticket for £100 quid but we needed two. In the end we watched from The Heights, saw the pre-match build up but the OB moved us on as the game began. Got back to the car and found out that Walshie had scored.

It was slightly surreal but I am glad I went.
  • Options
    Too many to mention - I feel like the bloke Unlucky Alf in the Fast Show

Worst of all the Play-off Final.
    We were running a hotel in Bournemouth and it was also my little boys 5th birthday.
    Missed the TV coverage and when I got to a radio it was just in time for the penalty shoot-out!
  • Options
    If we're talking about Charlton, I reckon Charlton vs Peterborough at London Road (we win 5-1) would have been something else.
    If you're talking generally, then Newcastle vs Arsenal (4-4) a couple of weeks ago or the 4-3 win by Manchester UTD over Manchester City
    where Bellamy scored that wonder goal only to be cancelled out by Michael Owen would have been crazy to be at.
  • Options
    Play-off replay vs Leeds at St Andrews. I was so traumatised by what happened at Elland Road the previous week I couldn't face going.
  • Options
    we played narwich at home round about this date 15 years ago it was my engagment party, i promised the future mrs nla that i would not go, driving through the pipe to collect my mum,dad and nan the addicks (vague memory bank here) i believe were either 1-3 down or 2-4 down by the time i came out of the pipe it was either 3-3 or 4-4 hope someone out there remembers and can clear my absence mindedness
  • Options
    Last game of the season when we sent Palace down! Missus was on her hen do and was late getting back, so I managed to just make it to the pub in time to hear about Jon Fortune's equaliser :-)
  • Options
    NLA - that game was a belter. We went 1-0 down and had Balmer sent off. Robson and Kinsella then both scored a free-kick each to put us 2-1 up. Then we ended up 4-2 down, but Jason Lee and Leaburn scored a goal each in the last 5 mins to make it 4-4. Great game with 10 men for most of it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]we played narwich at home round about this date 15 years ago it was my engagment party, i promised the future mrs nla that i would not go, driving through the pipe to collect my mum,dad and nan the addicks (vague memory bank here) i believe were either 1-3 down or 2-4 down by the time i came out of the pipe it was either 3-3 or 4-4 hope someone out there remembers and can clear my absence mindedness

That's a game that I wished I hadn't left early. Went when it was 4-2