Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bag Limit Size Ban at The Valley - updated policy p13

1…789101113»

Comments

  • Sark99
    Sark99 Posts: 194
    I've got an exemption email (which I already had from the QPR game) so despite having it at the ready at the East Stand turnstiles I didn't have to show it at either game, I just opened my bag for the steward to see that I didn't  have a bomb in it and went in. My bag is a little bigger than A4.

    Going home on the Valley Express coach, there were still fans on board who hadn't heard about the new rules, and that was just downstairs which is much smaller.  I managed to get the new policy showing on my phone and showed it to some (fans who don't have a PC or laptop at home ), and I also showed some of them my Exemption Email. One of them took a picture of it.  So, the "word" still isn't getting around.
    No such word as "communication" in the club's list of priorities. 
    I was told yesterday at the East Stand turnstiles by a steward. He said I really needed to have a bag tag denoting medicines/medical equipment being carried,  attached, which are available from Valley Central. I had already shown my emails and had my small rucksack searched.

    It is starting to feel like I and others are being punished for having a chronic conditions, especially when others on here happily saying they cannot understand why people need to bring in bags with food etc in. 
  • Redrobo said:
    The bag size limits on the site says:-
    • Maximum size: A4 (21cm x 29.7cm / 8.3in x 11.7in) and must be soft-sided and flexible where possible. For example, small handbags, tote bags (A4 or smaller) or small backpacks (within A4 dimensions). 
    You need three measurements for a bag. So is it 29.7 x 29.7 x 11.7?
    My ski bag is within those dimensions, it’s just 70in deep. 
  • For certain size bags you have to pay £10, outrageous.
  • DaveMehmet
    DaveMehmet Posts: 22,514
    For certain size bags you have to pay £10, outrageous.
    Must be pretty poor quality and cut to shit at that price.
  • Alwaysneil
    Alwaysneil Posts: 14,822
    For certain size bags you have to pay £10, outrageous.
    Must be pretty poor quality and cut to shit at that price.
    Direct from the growers mate, very clean
  • T_C_E
    T_C_E Posts: 16,664
    For certain size bags you have to pay £10, outrageous.
    Must be pretty poor quality and cut to shit at that price.
    I’ve some bags of shit available at a fiver 🤷‍♂️
  • cblock
    cblock Posts: 2,095
    Sark99 said:
    I've got an exemption email (which I already had from the QPR game) so despite having it at the ready at the East Stand turnstiles I didn't have to show it at either game, I just opened my bag for the steward to see that I didn't  have a bomb in it and went in. My bag is a little bigger than A4.

    Going home on the Valley Express coach, there were still fans on board who hadn't heard about the new rules, and that was just downstairs which is much smaller.  I managed to get the new policy showing on my phone and showed it to some (fans who don't have a PC or laptop at home ), and I also showed some of them my Exemption Email. One of them took a picture of it.  So, the "word" still isn't getting around.
    No such word as "communication" in the club's list of priorities. 
    I was told yesterday at the East Stand turnstiles by a steward. He said I really needed to have a bag tag denoting medicines/medical equipment being carried,  attached, which are available from Valley Central. I had already shown my emails and had my small rucksack searched.

    It is starting to feel like I and others are being punished for having a chronic conditions, especially when others on here happily saying they cannot understand why people need to bring in bags with food etc in. 
    I don't think anyone on here are saying they don't understand anyone with medical issues needing to bring a bag in, I would gladly help any fan up to the fans bar, easily found, I am always at the front of the queue from 1130.



     
     
     
  • cblock said:
    Sark99 said:
    I've got an exemption email (which I already had from the QPR game) so despite having it at the ready at the East Stand turnstiles I didn't have to show it at either game, I just opened my bag for the steward to see that I didn't  have a bomb in it and went in. My bag is a little bigger than A4.

    Going home on the Valley Express coach, there were still fans on board who hadn't heard about the new rules, and that was just downstairs which is much smaller.  I managed to get the new policy showing on my phone and showed it to some (fans who don't have a PC or laptop at home ), and I also showed some of them my Exemption Email. One of them took a picture of it.  So, the "word" still isn't getting around.
    No such word as "communication" in the club's list of priorities. 
    I was told yesterday at the East Stand turnstiles by a steward. He said I really needed to have a bag tag denoting medicines/medical equipment being carried,  attached, which are available from Valley Central. I had already shown my emails and had my small rucksack searched.

    It is starting to feel like I and others are being punished for having a chronic conditions, especially when others on here happily saying they cannot understand why people need to bring in bags with food etc in. 
    I don't think anyone on here are saying they don't understand anyone with medical issues needing to bring a bag in, I would gladly help any fan up to the fans bar, easily found, I am always at the front of the queue from 1130.



     
     
     
    Well, well ! You learn something new on here every day ! 

    SO...no need to email the Safety Team re an exemption certificate after all !

    Wonder where the info re getting one from Valley Central was announced ? 

    And is that the place that's open from 12- 12.30 on a matchday ( presumably not midweek games ) ? 
  • HRBryan
    HRBryan Posts: 64
    My observations about Saturday was that I asked the club shop staff if the new smaller (14" long, 11" wide) Charlton rucksack was in accordance with the new rules. They said their manager asked the safety team on Friday who said they were (would you stock an item you could not take into the ground? Answers on a postcard please...). so £15 later I brought one only to be told by one of the AC Stand steward supervisors that it was too big. Another said it will be all right-I got in but it struck me that this is something of a lottery. A third supervisor cheekily said to me "don't worry if we say it is too large on a game just put it on but make sure you have an overcoat on to hide it"- there is the risk that you end up looking like Quasimodo but that might be a good idea....Incidentally would it not have been an idea to put notices up by the turnstiles about the new policy so fans would know about it for later games....
  • YTS1978
    YTS1978 Posts: 1,862
    Bloke opposite the club shop should be ordering up a load of branded tote bags right now!!!!

  • Sponsored links:



  • YTS1978 said:
    Bloke opposite the club shop should be ordering up a load of branded tote bags right now!!!!
    WIth a logo : " Beat the drop " ? 
  • Sensible decision. As a season ticket holder coming from Manchester every other week I need a reasonably sized bag. Foldable umbrella, hat, gloves in winter, food and drink, because I eat on the journey. Raincoat when the weathers shit, but when it's not, somewhere to put it, headphones and charging battery, all these take up space, so yes , the clubs decision makes sense.
  • iainment
    iainment Posts: 8,406
    Ordered this yesterday. It’s near enough A4 size.

    https://www.military1st.co.uk/30103b-mfh-bw-combat-bag-small-od-green.html
  • Chippycafc
    Chippycafc Posts: 14,748
    cblock said:
    Sark99 said:
    I've got an exemption email (which I already had from the QPR game) so despite having it at the ready at the East Stand turnstiles I didn't have to show it at either game, I just opened my bag for the steward to see that I didn't  have a bomb in it and went in. My bag is a little bigger than A4.

    Going home on the Valley Express coach, there were still fans on board who hadn't heard about the new rules, and that was just downstairs which is much smaller.  I managed to get the new policy showing on my phone and showed it to some (fans who don't have a PC or laptop at home ), and I also showed some of them my Exemption Email. One of them took a picture of it.  So, the "word" still isn't getting around.
    No such word as "communication" in the club's list of priorities. 
    I was told yesterday at the East Stand turnstiles by a steward. He said I really needed to have a bag tag denoting medicines/medical equipment being carried,  attached, which are available from Valley Central. I had already shown my emails and had my small rucksack searched.

    It is starting to feel like I and others are being punished for having a chronic conditions, especially when others on here happily saying they cannot understand why people need to bring in bags with food etc in. 
    I don't think anyone on here are saying they don't understand anyone with medical issues needing to bring a bag in, I would gladly help any fan up to the fans bar, easily found, I am always at the front of the queue from 1130.



     
     
     

    And good looking. 
  • Chippycafc
    Chippycafc Posts: 14,748
    Went to Cardiff, had an overnight bag as I obviously stayed over. Had a rucksack and expected the same. 

    They apologised for the incontinence of checking my bag and wished me well... Weve finally caught up. 


  • Jints
    Jints Posts: 3,690
    Went to Cardiff, had an overnight bag as I obviously stayed over. Had a rucksack and expected the same. 

    They apologised for the incontinence of checking my bag and wished me well... Weve finally caught up. 


    I guess incontinence is better that the alternative
  • Swisdom
    Swisdom Posts: 15,288
    Sensible decision. As a season ticket holder coming from Manchester every other week I need a reasonably sized bag. Foldable umbrella, hat, gloves in winter, food and drink, because I eat on the journey. Raincoat when the weathers shit, but when it's not, somewhere to put it, headphones and charging battery, all these take up space, so yes , the clubs decision makes sense.
    That's a hell of a commute - you should be getting a red carpet and a medal!
  • redman
    redman Posts: 5,518
    Well done to CAST for following this up. Well done to the club for being responsive although some pre-consultation could have avoided the ill feeling. 
  • Chippycafc
    Chippycafc Posts: 14,748
    Jints said:
    Went to Cardiff, had an overnight bag as I obviously stayed over. Had a rucksack and expected the same. 

    They apologised for the incontinence of checking my bag and wished me well... Weve finally caught up. 


    I guess incontinence is better that the alternative

    Of course they were extremely polite also. Not like some of ours who act like hitters. 

  • Sponsored links:



  • CombeMartin
    CombeMartin Posts: 229
    For anyone that's missed it, the new updated bag size is a lot bigger than the old A4 one.
  • Stig
    Stig Posts: 30,150
    Went to Cardiff, had an overnight bag as I obviously stayed over. Had a rucksack and expected the same. 

    They apologised for the incontinence of checking my bag and wished me well... Weve finally caught up. 


    Well, that pissed on your chips, Chips! 😉