Burnley [A] Tickets to go on sale
Comments
-
We'll have around 500 for this.0
-
Great value, big contrast to Middlesbrough0
-
Middlesbrough is probably priced to deter Charlton fans from going. Wouldn’t surprise me if they had something to do with the rail works as well 😁. They ‘got found out’ by Charlton last season and Nathan’s inspired tactic of letting them attack for 89 minutes and tire themselves out by shooting 127 times and leave themselves vulnerable to the massive one, two of long throw and fluke flick so they need to try and give themselves a bit more chance this time by reducing the noise from the away end. 😉mattwils said:Great value, big contrast to Middlesbrough4 -
Spoke to the ticket office last week, maybe even the week before, and it was already over 600. Pretty decent.paulsturgess said:any idea how many we've sold for this?
1 -

Could be over 1k sold if 4 blocks are shaded out and block 24 close to be, with tickets also sold in block 7. 👏👏👏
only caveat on that is it could be tempting for us old gits to buy a £5 ticket just for the 10 points (and not go) but that only makes sense if you are 10 points away from the next phase, which I’m not 😡0 -
Let's be honest, it absolutely is people buying them for a fiver / tenner to get the 10 loyalty points.letthegoodtimesroll said:
Could be over 1k sold if 4 blocks are shaded out and block 24 close to be, with tickets also sold in block 7. 👏👏👏
only caveat on that is it could be tempting for us old gits to buy a £5 ticket just for the 10 points (and not go) but that only makes sense if you are 10 points away from the next phase, which I’m not 😡1 -
I did think about doing that but it makes little sense unless you are only 10 points away from the next phase because with so many fans going to away games these days the ‘goalposts’ keep getting moved. The only way to move up the phases is to go to lots of away games over the season (I only managed 6 last season for various reasons) and hope some of those already in the phases above you start slipping down.9goalswentpastperry said:
Let's be honest, it absolutely is people buying them for a fiver / tenner to get the 10 loyalty points.letthegoodtimesroll said:
Could be over 1k sold if 4 blocks are shaded out and block 24 close to be, with tickets also sold in block 7. 👏👏👏
only caveat on that is it could be tempting for us old gits to buy a £5 ticket just for the 10 points (and not go) but that only makes sense if you are 10 points away from the next phase, which I’m not 😡1 -
How can you be 10 points from the next phase, when the phases change game to game ?letthegoodtimesroll said:
Could be over 1k sold if 4 blocks are shaded out and block 24 close to be, with tickets also sold in block 7. 👏👏👏
only caveat on that is it could be tempting for us old gits to buy a £5 ticket just for the 10 points (and not go) but that only makes sense if you are 10 points away from the next phase, which I’m not 😡3 -
That is why it’s not really worth buying the Burnley ticket for the points if you don’t intend going to the game.Ducktapeshoerepairs said:
How can you be 10 points from the next phase, when the phases change game to game ?letthegoodtimesroll said:
Could be over 1k sold if 4 blocks are shaded out and block 24 close to be, with tickets also sold in block 7. 👏👏👏
only caveat on that is it could be tempting for us old gits to buy a £5 ticket just for the 10 points (and not go) but that only makes sense if you are 10 points away from the next phase, which I’m not 😡2 -
Also with the away games coming up, Middlesbrough, Wolves, Blackburn, Wrexham (midweek), it's not like those extra 10 points will be needed any time soon.2
-
Sponsored links:
-
Chris_from_Sidcup said:Also with the away games coming up, Middlesbrough, Wolves, Blackburn, Wrexham (midweek), it's not like those extra 10 points will be needed any time soon.Perhaps some fans will buy tickets for each game to keep their totals up?
#moneytoburn0 -
Indeed, other than Millwall and perhaps Pompey and Norwich, away tickets will hardly be hard to get for the rest of the season.Chris_from_Sidcup said:Also with the away games coming up, Middlesbrough, Wolves, Blackburn, Wrexham (midweek), it's not like those extra 10 points will be needed any time soon.1 -
QPR as wellkillerandflash said:
Indeed, other than Millwall and perhaps Pompey and Norwich, away tickets will hardly be hard to get for the rest of the season.Chris_from_Sidcup said:Also with the away games coming up, Middlesbrough, Wolves, Blackburn, Wrexham (midweek), it's not like those extra 10 points will be needed any time soon.0 -
People are getting their ducks in a row for the deciding last day Lincoln showdown2
-
COACH TWO
Larkfield: 11.50am
Gravesend: 12.15pm
Dartford: 12.30pm
Bexleyheath: 12.45pm
Charlton: 2pm
I know Larkfield coaches are notoriously slow but does it really take an hour and a quarter from Bexleyheath to Charlton ???
0 -
Bournesnr said:
COACH TWO
Larkfield: 11.50am
Gravesend: 12.15pm
Dartford: 12.30pm
Bexleyheath: 12.45pm
Charlton: 2pm
I know Larkfield coaches are notoriously slow but does it really take an hour and a quarter from Bexleyheath to Charlton ???
I'd be more concerned with the 14.00 departure from Charlton.I know the Larkfield coach times get some light hearted comments, from me included, but I would like to know how many people normally pick up from there. Coupled with what time do the coaches usually get to the grounds. Are they sometimes late?0 -
The loyalty points last for two years right? It might come in handy next season.Chris_from_Sidcup said:Also with the away games coming up, Middlesbrough, Wolves, Blackburn, Wrexham (midweek), it's not like those extra 10 points will be needed any time soon.0 -
Only if you go to at least a dozen away league games this season to go with your trip to WHL and the 3rd round of the FA Cup.cafcsinger said:
The loyalty points last for two years right? It might come in handy next season.Chris_from_Sidcup said:Also with the away games coming up, Middlesbrough, Wolves, Blackburn, Wrexham (midweek), it's not like those extra 10 points will be needed any time soon.
and your two season tickets points of course0 -
One of the 2 coaches that went to Cardiff definitely missed kick offElfsborgAddick said:Bournesnr said:COACH TWO
Larkfield: 11.50am
Gravesend: 12.15pm
Dartford: 12.30pm
Bexleyheath: 12.45pm
Charlton: 2pm
I know Larkfield coaches are notoriously slow but does it really take an hour and a quarter from Bexleyheath to Charlton ???
I'd be more concerned with the 14.00 departure from Charlton.I know the Larkfield coach times get some light hearted comments, from me included, but I would like to know how many people normally pick up from there. Coupled with what time do the coaches usually get to the grounds. Are they sometimes late?0 -
Yeah spoke to someone on it as they arrived en masse about 15 minutes into the game.JohnnyH2 said:
One of the 2 coaches that went to Cardiff definitely missed kick offElfsborgAddick said:Bournesnr said:COACH TWO
Larkfield: 11.50am
Gravesend: 12.15pm
Dartford: 12.30pm
Bexleyheath: 12.45pm
Charlton: 2pm
I know Larkfield coaches are notoriously slow but does it really take an hour and a quarter from Bexleyheath to Charlton ???
I'd be more concerned with the 14.00 departure from Charlton.I know the Larkfield coach times get some light hearted comments, from me included, but I would like to know how many people normally pick up from there. Coupled with what time do the coaches usually get to the grounds. Are they sometimes late?1 -
Sponsored links:
-
Lucky bastardsJohnnyH2 said:
One of the 2 coaches that went to Cardiff definitely missed kick offElfsborgAddick said:Bournesnr said:COACH TWO
Larkfield: 11.50am
Gravesend: 12.15pm
Dartford: 12.30pm
Bexleyheath: 12.45pm
Charlton: 2pm
I know Larkfield coaches are notoriously slow but does it really take an hour and a quarter from Bexleyheath to Charlton ???
I'd be more concerned with the 14.00 departure from Charlton.I know the Larkfield coach times get some light hearted comments, from me included, but I would like to know how many people normally pick up from there. Coupled with what time do the coaches usually get to the grounds. Are they sometimes late?1 -
For a game like that, I don't see the reason for leaving Charlton so late, unless they feel it's to cater for people doing half a day's work before catching the coach, and that's not going to be an option for the Kent passengers anyway.ElfsborgAddick said:Bournesnr said:COACH TWO
Larkfield: 11.50am
Gravesend: 12.15pm
Dartford: 12.30pm
Bexleyheath: 12.45pm
Charlton: 2pm
I know Larkfield coaches are notoriously slow but does it really take an hour and a quarter from Bexleyheath to Charlton ???
I'd be more concerned with the 14.00 departure from Charlton.I know the Larkfield coach times get some light hearted comments, from me included, but I would like to know how many people normally pick up from there. Coupled with what time do the coaches usually get to the grounds. Are they sometimes late?
Sticking it into Google Maps, for a 2pm departure today to Burnley from Charlton, they suggest that driving it via the M1/M6 will take between 4hr 20 (6:20 arrival) and 5hr 50 (7:50 arrival), and that doesn't include breaks I assume.1 -
Quite, before I checked I was thinking that it must be 4 hours on a clear run not including the obvious stop.killerandflash said:
For a game like that, I don't see the reason for leaving Charlton so late, unless they feel it's to cater for people doing half a day's work before catching the coach, and that's not going to be an option for the Kent passengers anyway.ElfsborgAddick said:Bournesnr said:COACH TWO
Larkfield: 11.50am
Gravesend: 12.15pm
Dartford: 12.30pm
Bexleyheath: 12.45pm
Charlton: 2pm
I know Larkfield coaches are notoriously slow but does it really take an hour and a quarter from Bexleyheath to Charlton ???
I'd be more concerned with the 14.00 departure from Charlton.I know the Larkfield coach times get some light hearted comments, from me included, but I would like to know how many people normally pick up from there. Coupled with what time do the coaches usually get to the grounds. Are they sometimes late?
Sticking it into Google Maps, for a 2pm departure today to Burnley from Charlton, they suggest that driving it via the M1/M6 will take between 4hr 20 (6:20 arrival) and 5hr 50 (7:50 arrival), and that doesn't include breaks I assume.
I have always thought the coach should be arriving 1 hour before the game to allow a stretching of legs, a wander and something to eat and just to relax.3 -
Any recommendations for somewhere to grab a bite/pint before the game? Had a look on google maps and doesn’t look the most salubrious area 😂0
-
Tbh if you're looking for both, the easier option would be the Spoons.laurathered said:Any recommendations for somewhere to grab a bite/pint before the game? Had a look on google maps and doesn’t look the most salubrious area 😂
I have been in a few boozers there over the years and cannot vouch for the quality of the food.1 -
That said, the Burnley Miners Club is a 5 minutes walk from the ground is fantastic for a drink.1
-
The cricket club next to the ground is meant to be good, and accepts away fans.
https://www.burnleycricketclub.com/football-fans3 -
0 -
All I will say is, the last time I went to Burnley (probably 15 years agoish), the SPG/riot squad were in the KFC at midday.laurathered said:Any recommendations for somewhere to grab a bite/pint before the game? Had a look on google maps and doesn’t look the most salubrious area 😂0 -
Yeah got a friend from Burnley who swears by this place for the local Bene n Hot. I’ll be heading there pre match to sample it.ElfsborgAddick said:That said, the Burnley Miners Club is a 5 minutes walk from the ground is fantastic for a drink.Scheduled to work in Manchester Tuesday and Wednesday to make life easier.1







