Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

UK Number 1 on the day you was born

245

Comments

  • cafc_se7
    cafc_se7 Posts: 2,581
    China in your hand - T Pau 🤣
  • Off_it
    Off_it Posts: 29,541
    Those were the Days,  by Mary Millington I think. 
    Mary Hopkin.

    Mary Millington was involved in a whole different form of entertainment.
  • Bedsaddick
    Bedsaddick Posts: 25,910
    Hugo Montenegro 
    The Good The Bad And The Ugly
  • Off_it
    Off_it Posts: 29,541
    Boom said:
    Telegram Sam by T Rex. 

    Never heard of it! Will give it a listen
    Sounds like every other T Rex song mate. Basically "Get It On" with different lyrics.
  • Fanny Fanackapan
    Fanny Fanackapan Posts: 19,596
    edited October 4
    A Tree in the Meadow by Dorothy Squires.

    Lucky old me ! 

    I do know that she was once married to Roger Moore ( 007) & lived in Bexley....where I was born !
  • Off_it
    Off_it Posts: 29,541
    The number 1 album when I was born was Led Zeppelin IV.

    Which is a much better ("cooler") thing to tell people than the number 1 single that week ..... which was "Ernie (The Fastest Milkman in the West)", by Benny Hill.

    However, if you combine the two it would explain why I love long guitar solos and chasing scantily-clad women around!
  • Starinnaddick
    Starinnaddick Posts: 4,716
    Something happened in September 1939, I can't remember what. Lol
    Que Sera by Doris Day was no1 when I went for my first job.
    I was born on the day Warsaw finally capitulated.
  • Blackheathen
    Blackheathen Posts: 6,805
    White Christmas by Bing Crosby (going back 84 years)
  • ButtleJR
    ButtleJR Posts: 1,832
    All around the world by oasis. 

    Huge oasis fan as well so I'll take it 😂

  • Sponsored links:



  • fenlandaddick
    fenlandaddick Posts: 2,351
     Over The Rainbow
  • shirty5
    shirty5 Posts: 20,178
    Cum On Feel The Noize
  • eastterrace6168
    eastterrace6168 Posts: 28,596
    Some really young songs on here suddenly making me feel really old...🙄
  • EveshamAddick
    EveshamAddick Posts: 7,159
    The Stones - Satisfaction - September 1965
  • Off_it
    Off_it Posts: 29,541
    Some really young songs on here suddenly making me feel really old...🙄
    And there are some bloody ancient songs on here, which has suddenly made me feel a bit younger!
  • lordromford
    lordromford Posts: 8,808
    gmantaxi said:
    My sweet lord - George Harrison 
    Me too!
  • lordromford
    lordromford Posts: 8,808
    Sugar Sugar by The Archies. Lyrical genius.
    This was my sister’s one!
  • CostaFortune
    CostaFortune Posts: 455
    Hey Joe by Frankie Laine.

    Prefer the same title by Jimi Hendrix!!
  • addix
    addix Posts: 1,297
    "Amazing Grace" by The Pipes and Drums and the Military Band of the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards

    Not the most catchy of band names imo.
  • sam3110
    sam3110 Posts: 24,968
    Unchained Melody by the Righteous Brothers

    Weirdly it was number 1 25 years after it initially released, due to being in the soundtrack of Ghost which had released in October 1990, so the song became popular again and topped the charts for 4 weeks

  • Sponsored links:



  • Two days before I arrived I arranged for 'Oh Mein Papa' to hit number one.  Dad was quite chuffed. 

    It stayed there for nine weeks and was by the man with the golden trumpet - Eddie Calvert.
  • charente addick
    charente addick Posts: 4,026
    Jailhouse Rock it seems. Christ, I’m old!
  • LennyLowrent
    LennyLowrent Posts: 2,783
    Why - Anthony Newley.

    My wife's one :
    Silence is Golden by the Tremeloes 

    Make sense I suppose...

  • Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert. Maybe why I took up the trumpet! 
  • ME14addick
    ME14addick Posts: 10,308
    bobmunro said:
    Butterfly - Andy Williams
    Same as me!
  • cabbles
    cabbles Posts: 15,905
    Land of Make Believe - Bucks Fizz (UK)
    Physical - Olivia Newton John (U.S/Canada)
    Down Under - Men at Work (Aus)  
  • DamoNorthStand
    DamoNorthStand Posts: 13,677
    Going Underground by The Jam I think 
  • Answer Me - Frankie Laine
  • Herminator
    Herminator Posts: 27
    edited October 4
    Night Fever by the Bee Gees. Never looked it up before but I have played it hundreds of times in my disco band.

    I wish it was You should be dancing. It's their best song.
  • LennyLowrent
    LennyLowrent Posts: 2,783
    Night Fever by the Bee Gees. Never looked it up before but I have played it hundreds of times in my disco band.

    I wish it was You should be dancing. It's their best song.
    Imagine if it was How deep is your love..?