Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

UK Number 1 on the day you was born

135

Comments

  • SporadicAddick
    SporadicAddick Posts: 7,641
    Mouldy Old Dough, Lieutenant Pigeon.

    Could have been better…

     
  • SuedeAdidas
    SuedeAdidas Posts: 8,178
    Kips said:
    I love you love me love, by Gary Glitter...

    I'll get me coat
    I feel your pain..

    2 Little Boys - Rolf Harris. 
  • usetobunkin
    usetobunkin Posts: 2,700
    Singing the Blues :Guy Mitchell.   Jan 1957
  • Stig
    Stig Posts: 30,151
    Mouldy Old Dough, Lieutenant Pigeon.

    Could have been better…

     
    Great record. Could have been a lot worse.
  • Justin20474
    Justin20474 Posts: 763
    Terry Jacks – "Seasons in the Sun
  • Mametz
    Mametz Posts: 1,305
    Ronnie Hilton……”No other love”

    And no, I hadn’t heard of it either!
  • Elthamaddick
    Elthamaddick Posts: 16,636
    cfgs said:
    I win. 

    Kung Fu Fighting - Carl Douglas.
    Snap!!
  • LenGlover
    LenGlover Posts: 32,424
    Cara Maria David Whitfield 
  • andipandi
    andipandi Posts: 1,718
    Frank Ifield – I Remember You
  • FreshHaddock
    FreshHaddock Posts: 209
    Donny Osmond - Puppy Love

  • Sponsored links:



  • DennisBooth
    DennisBooth Posts: 356
    Were not was.
  • CHG
    CHG Posts: 4,629
    You're the One That I Want" by John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John
  • Gillis
    Gillis Posts: 1,130
    Off_it said:
    The number 1 album when I was born was Led Zeppelin IV.

    Which is a much better ("cooler") thing to tell people than the number 1 single that week ..... which was "Ernie (The Fastest Milkman in the West)", by Benny Hill.

    However, if you combine the two it would explain why I love long guitar solos and chasing scantily-clad women around!
    I already knew the number 1 single on the day I was born was the homoerotic cringefest that is David Bowie and Mick Jagger's cover of Dancing in the Street, so I was inspired by your post to go down the album route in hope of finding something cooler.

    Now That's What I Call Music 5. FFS.
  • As far as I can recall, “Johnny Remember Me” by John Leyton was playing, as I was being delivered 
  • CAFCTrev
    CAFCTrev Posts: 6,520
    UB40 – "Red Red Wine"
  • His latest flame - Elvis
  • SoundAsa£
    SoundAsa£ Posts: 23,019
    Stig said:
    Mouldy Old Dough, Lieutenant Pigeon.

    Could have been better…

     
    Great record. Could have been a lot worse.
    Don’t I know it.🫤
  • CaptainRobbo
    CaptainRobbo Posts: 2,825
    As far as I can recall, “Johnny Remember Me” by John Leyton was playing, as I was being delivered 
    One of only 3 to escape 🪏⛏️
  • Mametz said:
    Ronnie Hilton……”No other love”

    And no, I hadn’t heard of it either!
    Same as my sister. Not exactly a classic!

  • Sponsored links:



  • MuttleyCAFC
    MuttleyCAFC Posts: 48,675
    Pretty Woman 
  • MuttleyCAFC
    MuttleyCAFC Posts: 48,675
    edited October 5
    Mouldy Old Dough, Lieutenant Pigeon.

    Could have been better…

     
    It is a classic. I think Oldham Athletic adoped it as their theme.
  • Algarveaddick
    Algarveaddick Posts: 21,900
    RedJohn said:
    Rock a Billy by Guy Ritchie, never heard it.
    I think you'll find it was Guy Mitchell... And it certainly isn't Rockabilly music.  :D
  • Pelling1993
    Pelling1993 Posts: 8,134
    "Mr. Vain" by Culture Beat
  • Algarveaddick
    Algarveaddick Posts: 21,900
    Herman's Hermits -  I'm into Something Good. 

    Figures I suppose...  ;)
  • Chaz Hill
    Chaz Hill Posts: 5,283
    Give Me Your Word by Tennessee Ernie Ford 🤔. No album chart back in 1955 apparently.
  • Chizz
    Chizz Posts: 28,928
    UK Number 1 on the day you was born 

    *were
  • eastterrace6168
    eastterrace6168 Posts: 28,596
    RedJohn said:
    Rock a Billy by Guy Ritchie, never heard it.
    I think you'll find it was Guy Mitchell... And it certainly isn't Rockabilly music.  :D
    Apart from that then, it's all right...😉
  • YTS1978
    YTS1978 Posts: 1,862
    edited October 5
    Boney M - Rivers of Babylon....beat that!

    Saturday Night Fever Soundtrack was the #1 album apparently 
  • Macronate
    Macronate Posts: 13,195
    In The Year 2525
    Zager and Evans

    I'd like to think they were predicting the next time Charlton would score 3 goals in a game.