Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

This (infamous) letter larky re Palace

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
Is that right that they have been turning uo via recorded delivery?

If so, a mate of mine thinks he might have one - although he hasn't been to pick it up yet, which is bloody ridiculous if true because he's only been tugged once - for telling a copper to "f*ck off" outside the Valley before a game when he was a bit ... er ... tipsy. He wasn't charged or anything, and it's hardly the crime of the century but from what i've heard this letter is pretty threatening.

If it were me I'd make a point of calling them to find out why they were sending me such a letter, making sure they were aware that I was taping the conversation and, depending on what they said, back up my views in writing. The problem is that when you're on a list such as this - rightly or wrongly - it's very difficult to get yourself off it.

Seems to me like an absolutely disgraceful threat against peoples basic civil liberties.

Comments

• Options
    I'm sure i'll be okay As I have just got myself fitted out for a police uniform from a fancy dress outlet.

I'll be bringing a decent size helmet and truncheon to keep you all in line.

SIDDARN AND SHUT UP.
  • Options
    apparently it IS one of those letters and he's just not going to go now because he doesn't want/need the aggro. he's not even a charlton fan, he just comes along with us for the banter/booze.

it's f*cking outrageous!
  • Options
    all cause he swore at a copper when he'd had a drink ?

unbelievable
  • Options
    nanny state, what a load of cobblers Off it.
  • Options
    Two and two obviously equals 22 in this case.

One blemish - not violence related - and no charges. At that rate I'm a bit gutted I never got one, in respect of my caution for weeing down a drain in an alleyway in Newcastle after we'd been playing at Sunderland about 15 years ago. Apparently that one went down as "unacceptable behaviour" - whatever that means - and was flagged up as football related because when the copper asked what I was doing in Newcastle I (stupidly) told him I'd been to watch Charlton.

I'm normally a defender of the old bill, but not when they act like this.
  • Options
    surprised you didnt get one off it. We got filmed outside highbury last year when we were swapping cash for tickets.

spotted as a well known ticket tout.
  • Options
    They should sort out all the other problems around the f#@king place first,
    Kids killing each other and old ladies getting mugged and drugs being sold in broad daylight
    and they waste money on this
    un bloody believable ,
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]surprised you didnt get one off it. We got filmed outside highbury last year when we were swapping cash for tickets.

Shhh ....... you ain't seen me!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]surprised you didnt get one off it. We got filmed outside highbury last year when we were swapping cash for tickets.

Have you sold the England tickets yet Stan ?
  • Options
    ha ha. just on the case at the moment as we speak.

Tavern isnt going so i am selling them as two or 4... its a popular weekend as most of the grown ups i know go away this time of year once the kids are back at school.

me and my gal pals are on a jolly up in liverpool else we would have had em.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The lack of a scouse accent proved his innocence.
  • Options
    Yeah thats why me and the lads cant go , we're up in Liverpool looking for birds
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: eeladdick[/cite]They should sort out all the other problems around the f#@king place first
    But football violence was a huge problem, so they are succeeding in keeping a lid on that and hopefully changing people's habits. It certainly sounds like they have gone over the top in terms of the people they are warning, but that's all it is a warning. If it makes for a safer day out then I am not complaining.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Is that right that they have been turning uo via recorded delivery?

If so, a mate of mine thinks he might have one - although he hasn't been to pick it up yet, which is bloody ridiculous if true because he's only been tugged once - for telling a copper to "f*ck off" outside the Valley before a game when he was a bit ... er ... tipsy. He wasn't charged or anything, and it's hardly the crime of the century but from what i've heard this letter is pretty threatening.

If it were me I'd make a point of calling them to find out why they were sending me such a letter, making sure they were aware that I was taping the conversation and, depending on what they said, back up my views in writing. The problem is that when you're on a list such as this - rightly or wrongly - it's very difficult to get yourself off it.

Seems to me like an absolutely disgraceful threat against peoples basic civil liberties.

Ive been away for 2 weeks Off It. What is all this please?
  • Options
    follow this thread:

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=10241&page=3#Item_1
  • Options
    Thanks Smudge.

Sounds like the OB are bricking it, and quite rightly so considering Tango has whipped the Nigels into a frenzy!!

I'll be having a few beers at Ldn Bridge and then keeping my gob shut as we come through Stripeyland (even though I have no previous) as I think the OB will be a little "trigger happy" on Sat.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: eeladdick[/cite]They should sort out all the other problems around the f#@king place first
    But football violence was a huge problem, so they are succeeding in keeping a lid on that and hopefully changing people's habits. It certainly sounds like they have gone over the top in terms of the people they are warning, but that's all it is a warning. If it makes for a safer day out then I am not complaining.

Would you be happy if you got a letter then Salad? (I am assuming that you, like my friend, have no criminal convictions nor have even been charged with any offece - football related or otherwise!)
  • Options
    I am amazed you never got one Dan :-)
  • Options
    yeah they come through recorded delivery off it, so tell him not to go and pick it up then the letter means nothing.
  • Options
    dont pick it up,and some people need to grow some balls.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly aka lucy lou[/cite]dont pick it up,and some people need to grow some balls.

I bet you've got two MASSSEEEEVE hairy ones, eh Nolly?
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    lol
  • Options
    to right,dont worry about nothing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I am amazed you never got one Dan :-)

Dont think theyve got around to sending them out for the Cyber Hooligans ;-)
  • Options
    Have just recieved these replies from a mate to find out if the letters were genuine, for obvious reasons nomes and titles have been removed.
    ---Original Message
    Sent: Thu 30/08/2007 10:33 AM
    To:
    Subject: RE: hiya mate, do me a favour check this out; ( A copy of letter sent to Charlton fans was sent)

I have got ????? to check with his brother-in-law who retired from the footbally violence unit last month - his opinion is that it is bogus

any letters sent out should have letter heading from both police and football club relating to and contact tel no. also they quote the wrong act it should be Spectator Act 1989 not football disorder act---- Forwarded Message

second reply

Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 13:56:09 +0100
    To: "
    Subject: RE: hiya mate

??????? has since found out more for me - the letter is genuine - he says ???? needs to contact Plumstead nick and Charlton FC as they sent the letters out to random members and it may be there is another ??????????

Original Message
    Sent: 30 August 2007 08:28
    To:
  • Options
    this is boring now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly aka lucy lou[/cite]this is boring now.

just trying to help :(
  • Options
    ignore him t.c.e
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]ignore him t.c.e

hiya mate how you doing?
  • Options
    its a message board nolly - thats what its for - GOSSIP !! why do you have to antagonise everyone or just be rude.

ignore that hairy bollocked git. he thinks everyones scared. i found it interesting. let us know anymore TCE