Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

This (infamous) letter larky re Palace

Comments

• Options
    Quite impressive that Nolly is going out of there way to be a Internet troll, all a bit sad really
  • Options
    alright t.c.e i am sweet mate thanks

hope your are well too man
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]its a message board nolly - thats what its for - GOSSIP !!

What is it with women and "gossip"? If you want "gossip" go and buy some old rag like OK, Hello, The Star .... etc, etc, and get off this board!!!

*cast, pipe ....... wait*
  • Options
    and you can turn it in an all.

but dont be fecking sticking up for nooly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]and you can turn it in an all.

but dont be fecking sticking up for nooly.

Oooo - I think I just had a nibble there. That'll do for me - I'll chuck it back now.
    :O)
  • Options
    And I mean "it" in the very nicest possible way, of course, Sis. (We share the same surname after all!)
  • Options
    eh? do we?
    hahhahah just caught on.
  • Options
    D'oh!!!
    :o)

Am off on hols now - having been supping red wine all afty (and, unlike 1905, that ain't my bag - I ain't a big Jessie!)

Keep it real one and all. Stuff the Palace and let's hope that not too many of you have been banged up (by plod) by the time I get back.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!
  • Options
    I'm out in Spain at the moment and well off the pace with most topics but if this letter isn't on headed paper and if there is no reference or contact deatils then it is a bogus letter and a scam and will not hold up in a court of law.
  • Options
    it's not a bogus letter, it has been confirmed by my mate who works in the met - at Croydon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If it's real there should be a name, contact details, reference etc. It's more than their reputation's worth not to have the basic info. Whoever got one of these letters should go and see a solicitor who I'm sure will advise them to sue for defamation of character.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]If it's real there should be a name, contact details, reference etc. It's more than their reputation's worth not to have the basic info. Whoever got one of these letters should go and see a solicitor who I'm sure will advise them to sue for defamation of character.

That's the thing though VM. We all know it's unlikely to stand up in court, but who is actually going to go to the cost of taking the filth to task over it?
  • Options
    if they're genuine, send copies to the press...let them have a field day attacking the police force that sends out recorded letters on unheaded paper (are they so ashamed of them that they dont want them to seem official ?) and the government ...
  • Options
    I've read the letter that has been posted on here. It got to be someone pull our legs. Charlton are not the 'headhunters' or 'bush wackers' yer fair enough that is a local derby but surly the club would also commented on the offical web site.

If so why can't we just ask the club they must have been imformed surly or would be able to advise?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Gumbo[/cite]I've read the letter that has been posted on here. It got to be someone pull our legs. Charlton are not the 'headhunters' or 'bush wackers'
    We might be Legion of Doom or the Natural Disasters though...
  • Options
    More like the royal britsh legion of doom!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Gumbo[/cite]I've read the letter that has been posted on here. It got to be someone pull our legs. Charlton are not the 'headhunters' or 'bush wackers'
    We might be Legion of Doom or the Natural Disasters though...

and we certainly are the Mega Powers...
  • Options
    They are genuine, stamp on the back is sent from Plumstead Dispatch Unit at the OB Station.

Only the ob would have that many names and addresses of people. Apparently was sent to a lot of Charlton fans.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    true
  • Options
    Think its very naive for anyone to think they will be fine to go on Saturday if they received a letter.

The main part saying its at the ob's opinion to prevent trouble they can arrest. They can make a preventative arrest and keep you in a cell for god knows how long. Would be very easy for them to say it was a threatening atmosphere within the ground and to prevent trouble afterwards they made arrests.

Just get the feeling this is a set up, would be very easy for them to arrest someone who received a letter for being loud and disorderly and then have them in court the following week up for a 3 year ban.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fair enought i here what your saying this just seems o.t.t

Is there a crime number or reference number at the top of the letter?
  • Options
    The world of Minority Report gets scarily closer by the day.
  • Options
    Without doubt they could nick you at the time and bang you up for a few hours.

I suspect that a decent Solicitor would get you about a grand by about next July for your inconvenince. Still won't stop them nicking you though.
  • Options
    worth it for a grand
  • Options
    From the Mail...

Police on high alert as Palace renew rivalry with Charlton
    Last updated at 09:31am on 31st August 2007

Police will mount a huge security operation across south London tomorrow to prevent trouble linked to Crystal Palace's grudge match against Charlton.

More than 500 officers will be in place as fans travel to the game at Selhurst Park, which is rated in the highest risk category.

Sporadic violence away in areas surrounding recent encounters has deepened the bitter historical rivalry between the two sets of supporters and police are taking no risks.

The relationship between the clubs may also have added to the tension with Palace having successfully sued former manager Iain Dowie, now in charge at Coventry, recently for the way he left them for Charlton last year.

Damages still have to be settled in the High Court case which saw key figures from both clubs involved and brought to the stand.

But Palace have been awarded costs and the history of antipathy between their chairman Simon Jordan and Charlton counterpart Richard Murray has been raked over in the public eye.

The complicating factor for police is that Millwall also have a home game against Huddersfield and extra officers will be needed to cover the transport network.

A Met Police spokesman said: "There will be an appropriate police presence at the game."

Palace were relegated from the Premiership two years ago when they drew 2-2 at Charlton on the final day of the season and Jordan and Murray almost came to blows.

The Charlton chairman called Jordan a "tosser" and the Palace owner has since branded him an "imbecile" who "should have been punched in the mouth and knocked down the stairs".

Alan Pardew, Charlton's manager and a former Palace player, has called for a truce but while Murray intends to go to the game and enter the boardroom, the pair will not be sharing lunch.
  • Options
    They missed the bit about CAFC's costs being awarded against Palace - AGAIN!
  • Options
    do you no what westside i thought you may of changed the tosser bit to suit so i google it and checked! I cant believe thats what they have wrote lol
  • Options
    Ollie - It was said under oath in court during the Dowie case
  • Options
    what really, lolol thats funny that
  • Options
    [cite]Posted by: Off It[/cite] Would you be happy if you got a letter then Salad? (I am assuming that you, like my friend, have no criminal convictions nor have even been charged with any offence - football related or otherwise!)
    No, it sound like they have spread the net too wide - I presume your mate is not a 'known face', so should be little risk in attending the game if he avoids large groups and swearing at policemen! If I was him I'd write a very polite letter to them I think, to explain and request being removed from the list, all they can do is say no.