Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

So How Do They Do It ?

This being the last day of the transfer window and the possibility of some transfers waiting to fall into place - how do the clubs organise it all in just a few hours.

Take the possibility of a hypothetical player Ernie coming to us from another club who are waiting to get their man to replace him. Will Charlton have already agreed a fee or loan with the club and agreed salary with Ernie in advance just in case it happens or is it a mad evening scramble.

I reckon it must all be negotiated ahead of time - anyone know - HENRY?

Comments

• Some will be "we'll have him on so much if we sell him to them so let us know and can we have him if you get him". Must be a hetic rush at 11.59 pm.

The forms get faxed thru to the FA and as long as they get their by 12.00 (or you're signing Carlos Tevez) that's OK. I think it was Palace who send the fax to a chip shop by mistake last year but the FA let them off.

With loan deals there is often an option to buy at a later date. I think you can make loan deals permanent outside of the window

That's all I know as for some reason they don't let me buy the players. Peter Varney did say it would be my turn to pick the team soon.
  • I guess Palarse had to batter them up!