Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So How Do They Do It ?

This being the last day of the transfer window and the possibility of some transfers waiting to fall into place - how do the clubs organise it all in just a few hours.

Take the possibility of a hypothetical player Ernie coming to us from another club who are waiting to get their man to replace him. Will Charlton have already agreed a fee or loan with the club and agreed salary with Ernie in advance just in case it happens or is it a mad evening scramble.

I reckon it must all be negotiated ahead of time - anyone know - HENRY?

Comments

• Options
    Some will be "we'll have him on so much if we sell him to them so let us know and can we have him if you get him". Must be a hetic rush at 11.59 pm.

The forms get faxed thru to the FA and as long as they get their by 12.00 (or you're signing Carlos Tevez) that's OK. I think it was Palace who send the fax to a chip shop by mistake last year but the FA let them off.

With loan deals there is often an option to buy at a later date. I think you can make loan deals permanent outside of the window

That's all I know as for some reason they don't let me buy the players. Peter Varney did say it would be my turn to pick the team soon.
  • Options
    I guess Palarse had to batter them up!