Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Daddy Long Legs

edited September 2007 in Not Sports Related
Saw/squashed my first of the new season on Friday night.

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2007
    Now do you mean a Daddy Long Legs, a Harvestman or a Crane Fly? All three of them are different, but everyone seems to call them 'Daddy Long Legs'.

I know I'm a pedant. You'd be too if you were stuck at a poxy desk at 3 o clock in the morning rebuilding an antivirus server that has died without warning :(
  • Options
    Not seen any yet this year? Maybe because of the wet August. Usually out by my birthday which was last Thursday.
  • Options
    Happy Birthday for last Friday chirps.

Haven't seen any DLL's either - or come to think of it those big f**k off spiders that always seen to go bolting across the floor when you're watching a late film!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Happy Birthday for last Friday chirps.

Haven't seen any DLL's either - or come to think of it those big f**k off spiders that always seen to go bolting across the floor when you're watching a late film!

Was in bed the other night, as was about to tunr the light off saw this giant mother fxxxer of a spider scuttle across the bed room flor and then back under the bed. Could not sleep for a couple of nights waiting for it to kill me, then it (or its sister) turned up in my sonss room, so we sent my wife to evict it i to the steet, via a glass.
  • Options
    Yikes. Can't wait for my trip to Australia!
  • Options
    lol! i'm 6'1", 13 stone, shaven head etc but i am petrified of spiders.

my heart just starts pounding when i see one.

Oh them and earwigs!!
  • Options
    I'm pretty big myself (surprise, surprise) but I want a flame thrower for my trip to Oz...
  • Options
    A mate of mine got bitten by a white tail(I think ?) on her knee and it basically deteriates all the skin around the area of the bite and really bloddy hurts, made her knee ooze a load of puss and generally disgusting....

BUT the worst part about it is the venom stays in the body for 6 years...

Now she had a bite originally about 2 months ago and it cleared up leaving a pretty nasty scar, but then last week flared up again on her arm!

So it can flare up anywhere on her body, any time in the next 6 years... imagine if it hits her face...

as crocodile dundee said... 'thats a knife' (exchange spider for knife)
  • Options
    Just reading this thread makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Spiders here are bad enough, I am never going to Australia.

The only spider I am ever gonna be happy with is a Alfa
  • Options
    Saw my first one on Wednesday whilst playing golf at The London Club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's Dragonflies I can't stand...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Happy Birthday for last Friday chirps.

Haven't seen any DLL's either - or come to think of it those big f**k off spiders that always seen to go bolting across the floor when you're watching a late film![/quote]

Was in bed the other night, as was about to tunr the light off saw this giant mother fxxxer of a spider scuttle across the bed room flor and then back under the bed. Could not sleep for a couple of nights waiting for it to kill me, then it (or its sister) turned up in my sonss room, so we sent my wife to evict it i to the steet, via a glass.[/quote]

A swift introduction to a size 9 Timberland is the only way to deal with a spider in the house!!
  • Options
    WTF is that??
  • Options
    Jesus!

It sounds like you need a flamethrower too Oakster!
  • Options
    It has the gayest name in the insect world.

It's a stumpstabber!!

Attracted by the smell of freshly cut wood, & we have been chopping down some trees in the back yard lately.

Apparently harmless!
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    We found this in our room on holiday. Mrs Stig thought that the kids had bought a toy crab to scare her. She got quite a shock when she went to pick it up.
  • Options
    Only seen 3 or 4 this year...... Global warming?
  • Options
    Cant be global warming - doesnt exist.
  • Options
    Three in our Kitchen last night, if I had my phone on me at the time I would have taken a photo & posted it here for you Chirpy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There was a massive Bee on my rushour train yesterday, but it couldnt fly properly so kept spooking people out when going near them. funny watching full grown men cack themselves. Mind you, if it was a pigeon then i wouldnt be too happy....s**t scared of them.
  • Options
    It's Global Warming I tell ya and all the animals have gone mad. This summer I've had at least 5 pigeons fly straight into my living room windows!

Thank god for double glazing (which only got put in by the landlord a couple of years ago when a pigeon flew into the previous window and broke it!)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Cant be global warming - doesnt exist.

Quite right. Technically it's still the end of the last ice age.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeakieRocket[/cite]It's Global Warming I tell ya and all the animals have gone mad. This summer I've had at least 5 pigeons fly straight into my living room windows!

I wish a bird would fly into my bedroom ........
  • Options
    Almost trod on a hornet yesterday. In my front room. Bastard thing - was nearly an inch long and dying, so couldn't fly. Most satisfying sound it made when I twatted it with the latest Argos catalogue.
  • Options

All time record temperatures(in over 100 years) in my neck of the woods today - forecasting an afternoon high of at least 93F !!!

Global warming - er, pah!
  • Options

Those glaciers must be melting by themselves then.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Almost trod on a hornet yesterday. In my front room. Bastard thing - was nearly an inch long and dying, so couldn't fly. Most satisfying sound it made when I twatted it with the latest Argos catalogue.

Poor thing, it didn't deserve that. You could at least have given it a humane end by using a Habitat catalogue or something.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Just reading this thread makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Spiders here are bad enough, I am never going to Australia.

been to Oz four times and have never seen a single spider (except a deadly redback in my Aunt's bath !!).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]

Those glaciers must be melting by themselves then.

As they have done many times before over thousands and thousands of years.