Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Matchday Facilities - Henry?

edited September 2007 in General Charlton
Went to the millenium stadium a few weeks ago to see Wales v Argentina. The services were incredible, could get a beer whenever you wanted one. The key to this success, which anyone who's been to a rugby/cricket game will have noted, is that they have ready-poured pints sitting there so when you order one, you don't have to wait for it to be poured.

Are the rules different at football matches or is this something Charlton could do?

Comments

• Options
    at £3.10 i expect my beers to be poured, brought to me and a little red and white elf to catch all the spillages
  • Options
    I'm not sure why they don't do this though I suspect that it's something to do with not having the same volumes of sales and some people wanting a freshly pulled pint.

Could you do me a favour and ask paul.ellison@cafc.co.uk for a response.
  • Options
    Always thought this as well nothing wrong while there sitting there for the rush to get some ready not as if they will be sitting there long as everyone wants beer
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    My guess is capacity. If you go down to the North Stand bar just before half time they have the whole counter full of pre-poured pints but they go really quickly and then you're back to square one.

Don't really know where they'd put any extra if they poured them.
  • Options
    Well at the rugby they had a few extra staff constantly pulling pints and putting them back there. The increased volume in sales would more than offset the cost of the extra staff, surely.
  • Options
    I definitely agree but just don't think they can keep up with the replenishment without upgrading the facilities too. Could maybe do with one of those machines you get at big music gigs that pulls about 12 pints at once....
  • Options
    The freshly pulled pint thing makes me laugh, does it really taste that different in the 5 minutes from when it's poured? It's hardly top of the range organic micro brewery stuff is it?
  • Options
    Right, my 2 pennarth!

At rugby, you can bring your beer to your seat, so really and truly you dont need to rush, where as at the old footy, you have like 15 mins or less to drink your pint, and that includes queuing up to buy it! I reckon thats why the beer at rugby is ok, as nobody is neccessarilly rushing as you no that you can nip down get 4 beers for you and 3 pals, and not rush!

I think they do pull the pints before half time starts, but as someone on this thread has said already thats'll run out cos all football fans are total beer monsters and the pre pulled ones will be gone and back to square one it is!

I dont think there is an answer, unless mr passit is right and they get that 12 pints puller thing a ma jig!
  • Options
    http://dehydratedbeer.com/
  • Options
    Got those 12 pint things at Wembley and at the O2, work a treat
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2007
    I've emailed monsieur Paul Ellis. It has been 5 minutes and he has yet to email back. How unprofessional. He's also now in posession of my real name and current place of work. I guess I can no longer call myself the damned elusive scarlet pimpernel ;)

Well they certainly don't pre-pour pints in the east-stand. Any sort of implementation of this service would definitely help.
  • Options
    get yourself into the north stand me ol mucker, thats where it all appens
  • Options
    Chelsea get it right.

Loads of pre poured beer and no queues, even in the cup when we took loads there.

The amount of money teams must make on booze, they can afford a few pints going down the sink if not sold.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]I've emailed monsieur Paul Ellis. It has been 5 minutes and he has yet to email back. How unprofessional. He's also now in posession of my real name and current place of work. I guess I can no longer call myself the damned elusive scarlet pimpernal ;)

Well they certainly don't pre-pour pints in the east-stand. Any sort of implementation of this service would definitely help.

We have all your details on the database including credit ratings, criminal convictions and inside leg measurements (men only).

I think swapping them all for Zheng Zhi was a good deal :- )
  • Options
    why we can't drink in our seats baffles me. they are in plastic cups
  • Options
    Because we're all hooligans and can't be trusted to act like adults.
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Could do with a beer only queue as well , save having to queue behind women and kids
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]why we can't drink in our seats baffles me. they are in plastic cups

Tis the law. Not allowed to drink in sight of the pitch. Not sure I agree but the police take a very dim view of it and will eject people if caught they tell me.

Maybe when introduced in the era of serious violence there was a purpose but not sure if still needed.
  • Options
    I know what would speed-up beer service - bottled beer! ;o)

Seriously - any news on this Henners?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]I know what would speed-up beer service - bottled beer! ;o)

Seriously - any news on this Henners?

Was meant to be trialled this season at a few outlets in the north and west. I will have to ask Paul Ellison again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Couldn't we don't do an ordering and paying for in advance system before the game for the half time drinks (and snacks), so that before half time they have a fixed number of pre orders simply ready for collection at a separate point?
  • Options
    Any idea which brands?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]Couldn't we don't do an ordering and paying for in advance system before the game for the half time drinks (and snacks), so that before half time they have a fixed number of pre orders simply ready for collection at a separate point?

What is this, the Opera? : - ) Don't think we have the room to set out so many pints of beer like that but it's an idea.

[cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]Any idea which brands?

No, will be Scottish and Newcastle beers as they are our beer suppliers, ( I think, sure it says that in the programme)

Will try to remember of of this to ask Paul Ellison but would be great if people could ask him as well or send to customerservices@cafc.co.uk
  • Options
    Any ideas that may cost money will highly likely not be implemented by the club whilst they are in the middle of huge budget reductions (ie four of six pour devices, putting on extra staff etc) However, something that is free & increases income will probably be given serious consideration ie pour the beers earlier, simple idea I know but rarely if ever implemented in the North Stand which has shocking half-time queues. Think if enough people E-mailed the club a noticable change could be made.
  • Options
    Wouldn't they need to weigh it up as an investment decision though?

If they could serve beers four times faster (and anyone who's seen the rush down there could confirm they'lll sell more that way) then at the current prices the machines would pay for themselves in about 3 weeks!
  • Options
    there are pre poured beers at half time in the north upper? if you get down there 5 mins befor the half time whistle that is. soon goes thou.
  • Options
    Bloodyhell, we should take a leaf out of Palarse's book...

Persistant standing, drinking and smoking all were allowed last weekend!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: boggzy[/cite]Bloodyhell, we should take a leaf out of Palarse's book...

They even provided an indoor swimming pool, complete with fountains!
  • Options
    if Chunes has emailed Paul Ellis then you may have confused the poor chap. He is the guy you see if you want a programme from Charlton v Port Vale in 1974. Paul Ellison is the guy Ben said to email.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: boggzy[/cite]Bloodyhell, we should take a leaf out of Palarse's book...

well if someone had asked me to sit I'd have pointed them in the direction of Mr Orange and told them that I'd consider sitting only once the orange twat had done so.