Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Matchday Facilities - Henry?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Good point!

I couldn't make it out, but early on when we sang "simon jordan is a wanker", and the nigels replied with "there's only one simon jordan", did the orange prick do something cos there was a right commotion around the dugout and with the palace fans..
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]Because we're all hooligans and can't be trusted to act like adults.

what difference does it make where you drink it though.

It works at rugby grounds and some of the erberts that go there are no angels.
  • Options
    It's alright, I emailed Paul Ellison.
  • Options
    Don't bother going for a beer/pie at half time because of the queues. If the club could pull their fingers out and sort out a system that worked they could have my money. Five minutes from seat to service seems about fair but i won't hold my breath.
    S.
  • Options
    How many does north upper hold though having worked behind bars before it is a nightmare when you suddenly get a rush of 30 0r 40 let alone 3 or 4 thousand in ten minutes!(guess)
    Just the weight of numbers means that with the best will in the world its always gonna be extremely difficult. But bottles of beer surely would be around the same price but for half as much ale, which, personally always makes me feel a little ripped off!
  • Options
    At the Oval they have plastic tops to their plastic pint glasses so they can stack them. Thereby increasing the number they can pre pour in a 50 over game which has a beer break.
  • Options
    Pickwick - I wondered why they didn't do that?
  • Options
    Salad, how much do you think it costs for a plastic top to a plastic beer glass? I reckom less then 2p...

Although if they wanted to reduce their carbon footprint I would have though each of us having our own tankard behind the bar would be better.

These could then be filled (ala Opera) and placed during the first half at our preferred standing area downstairs now that would be service.

I might even consider 3.20 or whatever it is now a pint good value!!
  • Options
    Posted By: KillersBeard
    Couldn't we don't do an ordering and paying for in advance system before the game for the half time drinks (and snacks), so that before half time they have a fixed number of pre orders simply ready for collection at a separate point?

Back b4 the upper north was built there used to be an unofficial pay and collect scheme at the top
    bar in the lower north, good sort was she... pay at 2.55pm used to make note of ya name and then your pint
    was waiting at h/t for ya... Worked well .
    suppose there weren't the volume of support then.