Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew to replace Ferguson?

2»

Comments

• Options
    I reckon Fergie might think we have done things in a proper manner; not simply bought success I reckon he is impressed by the length of time Curbs was given and the success of having a long term manager brought, something he can relate to.

I can remember going to a Man Utd Sheff Wed game in the late 1980's, Fergie had been there 3 seasons and was getting dogs abuse and I believe it was their MU's lowest post war league crowd. It was touch and go for him at that time, the board stood by him and the rest happened.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: eeladdick[/cite]I think fergie is a charlton fan,
    He liked curbs (when he was here)
    and now he like pards since hes been here
    why else would he keep such a good interest in our managers
    :-) ;-)

He certainly liked playing against us....:-)

I have just read an article about Matty Etherington and his gambling addiction problems. It touches on the "card school" issues at West Ham last year and the affect it had on morale. I'm not saying that it was all Pards fault but it happened on his watch. The implication is that Curbs matter of fact disciplinary ways has sorted things out there which Pards had failed to do. I'm a fan of both Curbs and Pards. I give 100% support to our current manager. As far as I am concerned, I am delighted we have Pards as a manager. He's certainly livened things up. I think he is the right bloke now for our club but maybe Curbs is the right bloke to set West Hams feet firmly in the upper layers of the premier league in a way that no West Ham manager has manageed since the Greenwood/Lyle era?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: eeladdick[/cite]I think fergie is a charlton fan,
    He liked curbs (when he was here)
    and now he like pards since hes been here
    why else would he keep such a good interest in our managers
    :-) ;-)

He certainly liked playing against us....:-)

I have just read an article about Matty Etherington and his gambling addiction problems. It touches on the "card school" issues at West Ham last year and the affect it had on morale. I'm not saying that it was all Pards fault but it happened on his watch.

Indeed. One of the reasons i wasn't that impressed when i read Big Chris enthusiastically saying about he the card school he has introduced here.
  • Options
    Aye, but don't forget he's Scottish, so the stakes won't be very high...:-)
  • Options
    Like Curb_It, I remember Pards' comments about managing us while he was still at Reading. The only thing I can now find is the below, from some site called laughfc.co.uk, talking about rumours where he could go.

"If I don’t have an ambition of managing AC Milan or England then it lies in managing Charlton, for example, which there’s an outside chance with the connection I’ve got. No disrespect to Charlton but is that me fulfilled? No, it’s not what I want." (March 2003)

I don't think anyone is under any illusions about the fact that we don't represent the pinnacle of his ambitions. Having said that, he'll only get a 'top' job if he's successful with us, so he's unlikely to be going anywhere unless we're riding very high in this division or are promoted.
  • Options
    You have to look at this realistically and think about what Premiership club is going to appoint him with his record so far. I mean, lets get real, the bloke has a great record of getting teams into the frame in the CCC but so far has only two Premiership seasons under his belt, one of which ended in him getting the sack and then failing to save us from the drop.
    Therefore, although I think he is an excellent manager, particularly in terms of talent spotting, there is no way that any major Premiership club is going to take him on unless he gets us back there and then goes on to stabilise us there like Curbs did.
    Even then he would only realistically get a move to a halfway club like Boro or Brum because none of the top four or the Spurs, Newcastle's, Villa's will touch him because he is not a big enough name, he has little European experience and their fans would not think they were being ambtious enough.
    Besides of which, Pardew was clearly very hurt by his treatment at West Ham and knows that he will get plenty of time here to produce the goods and is working in an environment that he is comfortable with and with people that he trusts and vice versa.
    He will not be going anywhere unless we fail to make it back to the Premiership in the next two seasons in which case there will obviously be a review because of the financial implications.