Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Specials are to reform and will play for the tango man.

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Smiths i would rather slash my wrists.
    Wasn't that the whole point of the Smiths? ;-)
    No, I don't think they were aware of Steve at the time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Smiths i would rather slash my wrists.
    Wasn't that the whole point of the Smiths? ;-)
    No, I don't think they were aware of Steve at the time.

I'm sure they were. They had loads of lines in songs about him

"I would go out tonight but I haven't got a football shirt or club tie to wear"

"It's the shirt shop they forgot to shut down"

"Shirt the DJ, Shirt the DJ, Shirt the DJ"

There must be loads more
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Gump[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]and Otis Redding with Dunn and Cropper in the backing band or maybe Marvin Gaye

The Blues Brother's band...

Actally saw the band at the forum in Kentish town many years ago. No Jake (belushi) or Elwood (Ackroyd) But the band included the rest of the film cast including Duck, the Colonel, Blue Lou and Mr Fabulous. Cracking night. Be good to see the band get together again
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Booker T and the MGs as the house band.

Yeah, class act!
  • Options
    Well....

Ambient start from the Stone Roses. Rocking main event from Led Zep. Kasabian helping the transition from rock to dance. Then Faithless to get everyone jumping. Instead of Faithless returning for an encore Erasure turn up and belt out 'Give A Little Respect' (the best party song ever). After a brief instrumental interlude from the British Sea Power, Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac bring the mood down to a more suitable level for the early hours. Then the real hardcore and insomniacs undo their bow ties and sit at the bar sipping Scotch to the sound of Frank Sinatra.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]Well....

Ambient start from the Stone Roses. Rocking main event from Led Zep. Kasabian helping the transition from rock to dance. Then Faithless to get everyone jumping. Instead of Faithless returning for an encore Erasure turn up and belt out 'Give A Little Respect' (the best party song ever). After a brief instrumental interlude from the British Sea Power, Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac bring the mood down to a more suitable level for the early hours. Then the real hardcore and insomniacs undo their bow ties and sit at the bar sipping Scotch to the sound of Frank Sinatra.[/quote]

I'll have a ticket for that
  • Options
    yes, me too.

I'll always wish i'd seen pulp live. dunno why, don't even own all their albums, but just always wish i'd seen them.
  • Options
    I would probably have a load of bands perform five songs of my choice from their back catalogue for me. Not to everyones taste but here goes.

Open with the Sex Pistols
    original Guns N' Roses
    Iron maiden
    Thunder (cheesy but good live)
    Soul Asylum (Grave Dancers Union era)
    Foo Fighters
    The Offspring
    Led Zeppelin
    and to close my current favourite band
    Wolfmother
  • Options
    Oasis live at Earls Court think it was about 94 superb,like listening to a CD.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Oasis live at Earls Court think it was about 94 superb,like listening to a CD.

Probably was a CD ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    start off with East 17, but only if Brian Harvey is back

then Chesney Hawk with "the one and Only"

then finish it off with Bross.
  • Options
    you are obviously taking the pee SE10 as all true Brosettes know its spelt Bros.... :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]start off with East 17, but only if Brian Harvey is back

what about Five Star?
  • Options
    Five star?? classic!!

remember them on Going Live?
  • Options
    saw 5 Star Live down Flicks on Teen Scene night.
  • Options
    here you go:
  • Options
    East 17 are together and playing at butlins. I saw them last year on a hen do.
    theyre all fatter and older and still mime. tony hasn't joined them yet i don't think.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]East 17 are together and playing at butlins. I saw them last year on a hen do.
    theyre all fatter and older and still mime. tony hasn't joined them yet i don't think.[/quote]

yeah yeah, hen do.....

You went there by yourself to see them really didnt you??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]start off with East 17, but only if Brian Harvey is back

what about Five Star?

and round it all up with The Nolan Sisters
  • Options
    if you are in the mood ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]if you are in the mood ...

What for? ..................... Dancing!
  • Options
    and romancing
  • Options
    Your giving it all tonight, Salad! ;)
  • Options
    You know I shan't ever stop tonight
  • Options
    Surely the tango tangoman should have got Blondie.

She would match his hair and could sing 'Hanging on The Telephone.'

I can't understand the person who'd get Oasis because they sounded like the CD. Surely they should sound better.

Personally I would get Gene to play live for me. They sounded so much better than any CD. The passion was always electric, and the fans real fans. Could never get enough of them. Martin Rossiter was to music what Johnny Robinson was to football.
  • Options
    oohaahmortimer is still praying that Wham! get back together.....