Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crouch or Heskey?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Darren Bent.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]I agree, but biggest performance was Gareth Barry for me. But the fact over the two games he's probably been the best player will leave him no where when the likes of Lumpard and Hargreaves are fit. If he starts the next game i'd be very surprised put it that way. For me tho, i'd start the next game with the same team as tonight and Saturday.

I agree with you, RedArmy.

McLaren, by luck or by judgement, has stumbled on a team that is a team in the true meaning of the word. It's well balanced, has players in positions they naturally excel, players who graft and support each other - a team greater than the sum of it's parts.

It's so refreshing that McLaren's team for the past 2 matches has not been picked by the Muppet Show pundits on the telly or the emotional kneejerk hacks on the Sun newspaper.
  • Options
    The past two games have been very refreshing even if you have to taken into account that the opposition haven't been anything special.

I still got that cringing, creeping feeling of imminent disappointment during another hyped build up but then enjoyed the games which felt a little weird.

Well done to the England team.
  • Options
    I was taken back last night by how proud I was of the players on the field last night. Owen was the Michael Owen that defences are scared shitless of, Heskey (who got a whack early on) was everything he is there for. Barry and Gerrard were first class as were Joe Cole and Wright-Phillips and as Motson never tired of saying last night there were five partnerships last night working excellently.

What a peach Owens second was as well.

Crouch though showed why I think he is such a waste of space and time in the England squad. He is a big striker yes? So people seem to think he can unsettle defences. How?

He is useless in the air, has no pace or strength and cannot hold the ball up.

He has never scored against half decent oppostion and I doubt any european class defender would rather face Heskey than him.

In the squad purely on the strength of who he plays for (or sits on the bench for)