Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Help. Beer advice needed

Hi,

thought i'd draw on the collective knowledge of the "Lifers"

My father saw a programme ( Countryfile - he thinks) which featured a pub called The Swan, which had it's own mini brewery, in Kent.

Anyone know any more about it, me thinks he needs another excuse to visit another pub.

Help will be appreciated.

S

Comments

• Options
    http://www.beermad.org.uk/brewery/941
  • Options
    I think it's the one near West Peckham. Went there a few months ago for a Sunday lunch. Food is superb and a good range of beers. Worth booking in advance if you want to eat as it's very popular.
  • Options
    Cheers!!!!
  • Options
    Don't you just love beer? Had a lovley Youngs session last night.
  • Options
    Nice, we're off for a night in a pub near dymchurch at the weekend. Spitfire on tap.... mmmmm
  • Options
    Shepard Neame is my favourite brewery.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Shepard Neame is my favourite brewery.

I risk being ruined by the minibus lot, but you can't beat a bit of Sheps... Whitstable Bay is my top choice, closely followed by Spitfire...
  • Options
    The Swan in West Peckham is a great pub, lots of nice walks and bike rides aorund there too.
  • Options
    Does Stella count ;-)
  • Options
    Stella........ lethal concoction of chemicals and industrial alcohol - fuel for jet planes.
    It's not beer.

Watching the England match last night in my village pub, had a lovely Butt .......

Butcombe - a relatively new Sussex brewery, so I'm told.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave Mehmet, you should do a pub crawl in Hythe while you are down there, about 10 pubs on or near the High Street.
  • Options
    Had an excellent beer last weekend called Woodforde Wherry at the equally excellent Cock Inn in Henly Street, near Meopham - even better than the Harveys.
  • Options
    Does the job.... I prefer it to Meths
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]Had an excellent beer last weekend called Woodforde Wherry at the equally excellent Cock Inn in Henly Street, near Meopham - even better than the Harveys.

I really want to edit this sentence!

St Peter's Golden Ale is nice beer to add to these suggestions.

Still have yet to try the Robin Hood in Bexleyheath - a severe dearth of decent boozers in that section of SE London.
  • Options
    "Dave Mehmet, you should do a pub crawl in Hythe while you are down there, about 10 pubs on or near the High Street."

You'll not be surprised to hear that I've been there and done that! There's some great pubs in that neck of the woods
  • Options
    I had a Hook Norton Old Hookey on holiday last week and it was one seriously lovely pint, well kept and perfectly served.
  • Options
    next time your down this way we'll go out for a session, after the missus has had the baby of course.
  • Options
    Actually are there any really good boozers in SE London? I am struggling to think of one I'd look forward to going to for the place itself.
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    "next time your down this way we'll go out for a session, after the missus has had the baby of course. "

Sounds good, I'll call you on saturday afternoon just in case.
  • Options
    yes mate, should be home by 4.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bishops Finger for me. And I quite like the beer of the same name as well ;-)
  • Options
    the inspector had me ordering some funny named drink for him the other week. waggledance or something. made of honey ?
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]Actually are there any really good boozers in SE London? I am struggling to think of one I'd look forward to going to for the place itself.

There's plenty, if you know where to look. Have a look on here for starters.

Booze me up!
  • Options
    Deptford: Dog and Bell
    Greenwich: Greenwich Union, Cutty Sark, Plume of Feathers, Richard 1st, Trafalgar Tavern, Admiral Hardy, Ashburnham Arms
    North Greenwich: The Pilot
    Lee: Dacre Arms
    Blackheath: Royal Standard (just been done up nicely), Hare & Billet
  • Options
    Suzi - Waggledance it was, a Youngs beer in the mighty Richard I on Royal Hill, Greenwich.

And, of course, there's the fantastic lagers in the Greenwich Union next door (brewed over the road from The Valley by a Charlton fan - FACT). Also the Zero Degrees lagers from their place in Blackheath Village (also one in Bexleyheath?)

The Red Lion, tucked away in some backstreet near Bromley North station, is an ace real ale pub if that's your bag.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]Suzi - Waggledance it was, a Youngs beer in the mighty Richard I on Royal Hill, Greenwich.

And, of course, there's the fantastic lagers in the Greenwich Union next door (brewed over the road from The Valley by a Charlton fan - FACT). Also the Zero Degrees lagers from their place in Blackheath Village (also one in Bexleyheath?)

The Red Lion, tucked away in some backstreet near Bromley North station, is an ace real ale pub if that's your bag.

I think it's called Bromley Village : - ) Nice pub and one of about 5 decent pubs in a very small area.
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Late Red from Shepherd Neame, just started serving it at Footscray Rugby Club

Lovely pint but slides down WAY too easy...football meeting on Tuesday and I had a right thick head yesterday morning!!!
  • Options
    Late Red is a lovely pint - seasonal beer I think so make the most of it CFW.

Salad, The Plume is a great pub thanks for the reminder. Can't say I think much of the Cutty Sark or the Trafalgar.
  • Options
    Late Red is lovely, had it as a guest beer at The Robin Hood a while ago.
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]Late Red is a lovely pint - seasonal beer I think so make the most of it CFW.

Correct, just seen on SN's site that it's Sept-Nov only. Sadly, we'll now be at Footscray every other week this season so will be forced to stay on and make the most of it. Never mind eh! :-)

Drive past the Robin Hood all the time but never been in...that HAS to change now!!