Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match updates Charlton v Norwich thread

edited September 2007 in General Charlton
Put all updates and team news in this thread please

Comments

• Options
    No team news yet?
  • Options
    Charlton: Weaver; Mills, Powell, Bougherra, Fortune; Sam, Semedo, Zheng, Reid; Iwelumo, Varney.

Subs: Weaver, Moutaouakil, Sodje, Ambrose, McLeod.
  • Options
    Weaver on the bench and starts .... (!)
  • Options
    Paddy McCarthorse missing and Thomas and Toddy
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Paddy McCarthorse missing and Thomas and Toddy

Sam starts with Boogie & Varney
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Paddy McCarthorse missing and Thomas and Toddy

Sam starts with Boogie & Varney

Sodyer makes the bench, Motorkill with Izal loo roll - and Ambrose drops down.

Thought we might have seen Rocky Racoon on the bench at least?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Charlton: Weaver; Mills, Powell, Bougherra, Fortune; Sam, Semedo, Zheng, Reid; Iwelumo, Varney.

Subs: Randolph, Moutaouakil, Sodje, Ambrose, McLeod.

andy.jpg

I don't like it.
  • Options
    I0 minutes gone, anyone heard anything yet?
  • Options
    I'm listening to it over the phone again. It's a really crap reception. I can tell you:
    1. it's 0-0
    2.Varney's having a good game
    3. Dublin nearly scored an own goal

that's about it.
  • Options
    Brown says he's dumbfounded about the way Charlton are playing and that we're getting frustrated
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Iwelumo over the bar. Corner
  • Options
    This stupid bloody contract. Why can't we listen to commentary properly? What century are we living in?

Surely someone can stream this over the internet.

I'm going to have to do the washing up in a mo. My wife wants to use the computer. Can't sit here texting everything.
  • Options
    The Sporting Life text service seems to suggest it is all us with Varney and then Sam noted as the games key players so far.
  • Options
    Keep it coming Jimmy, please......
  • Options
    Brown reckons that Norwich should have had a penalty
  • Options
    Relying on you, Jimbo. Only SSN otherwise - and Mr Weegie is making me watch Scotland v Romania rugby for some silly reason...
  • Options
    Another good chance for Norwich.

sorry but the reception is so crap that it's hard to tell who's attacking.

I'll have to get my sister in law to reposition the phone at half time!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Relying on you, Jimbo. Only SSN otherwise - and Mr Weegie is making me watch Scotland v Romania rugby for some silly reason...

But he's a Charlton fan too!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Relying on you, Jimbo. Only SSN otherwise - and Mr Weegie is making me watch Scotland v Romania rugby for some silly reason...

But he's a Charlton fan too!!!!!!

Yes, but relying on me (and therefore you) to keep him updated while he takes his mind off it...!
  • Options
    According to Sporting Life site. 32 mins:

Shots on target Charlton 3, Norwich 0
    Shots off target Charton 6, Norwich 0
    Corners Charlton 6 Norwich 1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Where's Jimbo gone???!!!
  • Options
    Beautiful stuff by Huckerby. Good Weaver save.
  • Options
    They seem to be having a few more chances than Sporting Life reckon.
  • Options
    Apparently we're having all the possession.

If I appear to go it's because I can't understand anything.
  • Options
    Jimmy's got to wash up, Weegie - while his missus does her emails ;o)
  • Options
    It seems to me that we're having most, nearly all, of the game but Norwich break with Huckerby every now and then and look very dangerous in the process.
  • Options
    Encouraging stuff earlier from the OS update:

11 minutes: Sam outwits Julien Brellier with some silky footwork on the right and his tempting cross is met by Iwelumo whose header loops over David Marshall but hits the bar. There is a mini scramble in the aftermath but the ball drops the wrong side of the upright

14 minutes: Varney fizzes a terrific low cross in from the left and Dublin almost steers it into his own net before Adam Drury turns the ball behind
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Jimmy's got to wash up, Weegie - while his missus does her emails ;o)

Well that's the way it works in this household, anyway :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Jimmy's got to wash up, Weegie - while his missus does her emails ;o)

She seems to have forgotten about it. I'll do it at half time. lol. But seriously, it's a bit off hogging the phone and computer and we don't watch much French TV as it's crap.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Where's Jimbo gone???!!!

I've also been uploading some wedding photos. Want to see them?

Half time whistle gone.