Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"Make some noise"??????

edited September 2007 in General Charlton
FFS, leave it out. This has no place at a football ground... American football maybe, but not here.

Comments

• Options
    i agree - we look pathetic.

Blame BDL. ;-)
  • Options
    Agree but sadly there are too many stiffs who need reminding what they're there for!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]Agree but sadly there are too many stiffs who need reminding what they're there for!!!

Well they didn't seem to take the advice anyway... didnt raise the noise levels did it!
  • Options
    In Full Agreement
  • Options
    Totally agree- sorry-not at the Valley

[quote][cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]Agree but sadly there are too many stiffs who need reminding what they're there for!!![/quote]

Yeh right- and this will make them.
  • Options
    Get rid of that CRAP music at the end of the game as well, bleedin awful !
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Get rid of that CRAP music at the end of the game as well, bleedin awful !

I thought that was one of your mix CD's?

;-)
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Be Quiet you, sending out our details to CPFC will not win you any friends :-)
  • Options
    It wasn't me!!!

Where's Dicko anyway. He was banging on about tracing the number...
  • Options
    Dicko as you can probably tell is off work on a Tosh Lynes drinking week, do not expect any sense out of him for the next few days.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]do not expect any sense out of him for the next few days.

Just the next few days?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]do not expect any sense out of him for the next few days.

Not a huge amount of change then......
  • Options
    when we got the first corner i was making a bit of noise when i was distracted by some crypted message slowly appearing in my line of vision which, being a bloke and unable to do two things at once, i stopped shouting and tried to work out what it was going to say...by the time i realised it read make some noise the moment was lost...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]i agree - we look pathetic.

Blame BDL. ;-)

Bog off!
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Get rid of that CRAP music at the end of the game as well, bleedin awful !

Sorry Ketters I forgot to play Steps last night as you requested.
  • Options
    seriously though BDL whoever is doing that needs to be told that it mugs us right off!
  • Options
    It a short road to Goal Music, ARRRGGGHHH!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Boat[/cite]seriously though BDL whoever is doing that needs to be told that it mugs us right off!

OK, but nobody complained when we did it with the clappers last season?

Seriously, I think Dan should be getting a lot of praise for the excellent graphics package he has written.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: The Boat[/cite]seriously though BDL whoever is doing that needs to be told that it mugs us right off!

Seriously, I think Dan should be getting a lot of praise for the excellent graphics package he has written.

Don't get me wrong, the graphics look stunning... it's the content that I have a problem with. I don't want to see "Make some noise" flashed up, no matter how good it looks on screen
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited September 2007
    But it did look good didn't it - go on admit it, go on you know you want to! ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]But it did look good didn't it - go on admit it, go on you know you want to! ;-)

If it had said "we beat the scum 1-0", then yes!

;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    its taking the piss... make some noise... we aint the loudest support but we hardly need some screen telling us like we are a bunch of plastics...why dont we just buy a load of those shitty clapper things again to create an atmosphere eh! we are a real club we dont need stuff like that its bollocks
  • Options
    and whats the point of that bloody goldfish ?...
  • Options
    That's Dan's advert.

What did Charlie Brown used to say........

Good Grief
  • Options
    Totally agree it makes us look like a right bunch of James Blunts and the sooner "make some noise" disappears the better.
  • Options
    All the new graphics look great - even the "make some noise" one.
    Just PLEASE don't use it again!!!

Also, did Reidy get a second little ball next to his name when the second goal went in? I didn't notice one and it would've got a bit cramped if he'd scored a hat-trick...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]

OK, but nobody complained when we did it with the clappers last season?

If you look back through all the threads, I think you might find we did - clappers OK, but make some noise cr*p or something to that effect if my memory serves me rightly.
  • Options
    Come on You Red's is a bit better than make some noise don't you think ?

Also lose the music at the end of the game...CRAP CRAP CRAP unless it's Take That of course :-)
  • Options
    Not a fan of Tom Hark then?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Not a fan of Tom Hark then?

Seriously, though Dave I miss walking out of the Ground Listening to Valley Flloyd Road or something like that not all this Der der der crap. We used to play it yesteryear though didn't we fella.

I know things like this are all about experimentation, but every other club plays that crap song after a goal which is bad enough just think Charlton is a special experience & somehting more Charlton is appropriate. As for the pre match stuff that is well sorted & works well.
  • Options
    I think the right phrases used sparingly and at pivotal moments if the crowd has gone quiet for example..

Wake up West stand

I can't hear you in the East

Come on you reds at corners

but sparingly....