Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall in bottom 4 again

edited September 2007 in General Charlton
Millwall in the bottom 4 again .........or doesn't anyone give a toss?

Back in the 60's & 70's, Millwall were deadly rivals and we rarely beat them.
We used to pray they would get relegated but instead it was us who went down.

My 'inner child', for the sake of old times, would still desperately love them to re-experience bottom flight football.
Do I need counselling?

Comments

• Options
    in a heartbeat Oggy - you ain't Charlton if you didn't. I got mates that are Millwall but would, as keegan said, LOVE IT
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Not having lived in that era Oggy I don't hate them any where near as much as I hate Palace. But my dad who did live thru 70's still calls Millwall his biggest hate. So i'd imagine he's with you 100% whereas I couldn't care less about Millwall cos I can only remember watchin us against them twice in league football and we won both times and they were relegated.
  • Options
    its millwall and only milwall our true rivals
  • Options
    How many years have they ever been in a higher division than us though?

Don't like them, but it's been so long now I can't even remember what colour they play in!
  • Options
    grey i think
  • Options
    I don't just want to see them relegated to "Tier 4" but would love to see those scumbags go right out of the league and out of business altogether. Football would lose nothing by their demise.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]I don't just want to see them relegated to "Tier 4" but would love to see those scumbags go right out of the league and out of business altogether. Football would lose nothing by their demise.
    totally agree with you 100%
    my hate for the scum is so much always 2nd/3rd result i look for and i've enjoyed the results they've achieved recently....
    anyone who's been to one of the millsmall v charlton games will know what an orrible bunch of c***s a vast number of their fans are.
    i can recall coming out of the new den/senegal fields after having lost 2-0 and loads of millsmall herberts trying to goad charlton fans into a ruck...scum....FACT
  • Options
    Glad they are doing so well
  • Options
    try living and going to school in Bermondsey!

fecking hate em. Pikey neanderthal scum.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]How many years have they ever been in a higher division than us though?

4 seasons since WWII

Lost count of the reverse stat. Must be at least 30

"Well I never felt more like singing the blues
    When Charlton win and Millwall lose"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We only have one rival and that's that lot from Senegal Fields.

Palace are no bodies, and the only reason people appear to dislike them is because we went over there for 7 years.

Always look out for Millwall's result first, and love it when they have lost again. Bit of luck we won't play them for many years and their local derbies will be against the likes of Welling and Fisher.
  • Options
    I took my Millwall mate to the game on Tuesday. It's my own personal effort to undermine them and convert him from the dark side. May the force be with me.......:-) (Met Police Force I mean)
  • Options
    because we dont play them these days, there's a feeling of complacency and indifference amongst most charlton fans towards millwall...i dont hate them on a day to day basis but i always bear in mind that we all take our kids with us these days...the last time we played them it kicked off all around the ground, inside and out, even in the directors box for fcks sake...the atmosphere was evil and if we were to play again, they'd all come out of the woodwork...they are not the games for kids and the fainthearted...
  • Options
    they are, always have been and always will be scum.

their 'name' attracts the kind of people you look at and hate. If someone is playing up in a pub and being loud, obnoxious, bullying and a dick, chances are they will be a wall fan.

NAILED ON FACT
  • Options
    Hardly know any Wall fans about two if I am honest, know a lot more Palace so hate them more, although the Millscum that attacked us at the Market Porter the other week has raised them back up the hate list in recent weeks.
  • Options
    spot on dowman
  • Options
    Cause we haven't played them in a proper game for nearly 11 years is having an effect, but it could be another 25 years before we play them again.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Cause we haven't played them in a proper game for nearly 11 years is having an effect, but it could be another 25 years before we play them again.

and that would be too soon.
  • Options
    correct henry don't ever want that mob to darken our ground again
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Cause we haven't played them in a proper game for nearly 11 years is having an effect, but it could be another 25 years before we play them again.

and that would be too soon.

there's always the two cup comps...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    as if they would get to the 3rd round.
  • Options
    last time we played em we beat two nil and gave them the round around outside,great day
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Hardly know any Wall fans about two if I am honest, know a lot more Palace so hate them more, although the Millscum that attacked us at the Market Porter the other week has raised them back up the hate list in recent weeks.

got a decent Millwall fan at work but he never goes. My best mate was 'Wall and was one of the nicest guy's I've ever had the pleasure to know. He died aged thirty of leukeamia. RIP mate.
  • Options
    Agree with a lot of the above. I too have Millwall mates because I grew up in Catford. Palace was considered the other side of London in those days.

I have always hated every single friggin bit of that club. I have had some of my horribliest football memories playing them. I always look for their result and grin from ear to ear if they lose. However, I don't want them to go bust, I just want them down in the Conference suffering.
  • Options
    My grandads a Millwall fan, but i still hate them. They attract scum who wanna be seen as a nutter cos of the name and reputation that comes with being 'wall', pathetic. I hope we get them in the cup and batter them.
  • Options
    Actually Brighton, my Grandad was a Millwall fan too, although if he were alive he would say he followed both Millwall and Charlton, which did happen a lot in those days.

I have a recurring dream, that we draw them away in the FA Cup beat them 5-0 and take the absolute piss out of them in that toolbox of a ground.
  • Options
    For me Millwall will always be our one and only rivals. Complete scum.
  • Options
    As much as I dispise them, I would be gutted to see them go under.
    I love seeing them suffer & love seeing them lose, but to have a situation where you will never play your main rivals again can only be a bad thing!?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortain[/cite]As much as I dispise them, I would be gutted to see them go under.
    I love seeing them suffer & love seeing them lose, but to have a situation where you will never play your main rivals again can only be a bad thing!?

Agreed.
  • Options
    They really had a jinx on us for decades.

And every game they would always give us a good kicking.

Out of all the matches played in the 60's, 70's and 80's, I can't remember us beating them more than 2 or 3 times. It was so painful - and you could just guarantee having the piss ripped out of you at school or work on a Monday morning.

Bloody Keith Weller and Derek Possee......Even now, if we played them in the cup, that old shadow of the jinx would haunt me.

Mind you Morts in the snow..........

:o)