Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall in bottom 4 again

2»

Comments

• Options
    I don't think I have ever felt lower at a football match that at The Pen in August 1988 when we were 2-0 with three minutes left and conceded two goals to draw 2-2. Gutted was not the word.

They had also beaten us in the last minute there the season before.....
  • Options
    As I said earlier - there was some desperate moments against them. The 2-2 in 1988 was sickening. My brother and I walked home from the ground in absolute silence. I like Ormiston was there the year before as well. Being absolutely stuffed by them at Selhurst. We lost 3-0 and Sheringham scored in the first minute. We always lost - life was unbearable at school and our neighbours were Millwall season ticket holders.

One of my earliest Charlton memories is on Boxing Day 1976 when my Dad got attacked by Millwall scum outside the Den after we snatched a late draw (Burman I believe). My Dad was holding my 9-year old hand at the time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]

One of my earliest Charlton memories is on Boxing Day 1976 when my Dad got attacked by Millwall scum outside the Den after we snatched a late draw (Burman I believe). My Dad was holding my 9-year old hand at the time.

I went to that game CA. I remember fights breaking out amongst Millwall fans in the Cold Blow Lane end. I stood around the halfway line and found it hard to determine who were supporting who until Millwall scored because they were slagging off both teams in equal measure. I went with my Mate and I remember my dad saying to us before we went. "Don't wear your scarf, and if we score whatever you do don't celebrate too loud." Sound advice as we came away unscathed. There was a malicious edge to the crowd which was worryingly exciting for a 16 year old.
  • Options
    Bing, I had some worrying exciting moments there too. My favourite (I use the word loosely) was Jim Melrose's goal on his debut in front of the CBL and him going upto the terrace (he may even have jumped on the fence) and shaking his fist.

My brother and I were in the CBL tightlipped not knowing whether to laugh or cry.

I will always love Jim Melrose for that.
  • Options
    I wouldn't want Millsmall to go bust, but the conference would do. Just as I wouldn't want a nonce to be given a death sentence. Long-term suffering to those you despise is much more satisfying.
  • Options
    Many years ago when I was about 14 just before I started going to away matches regularly, a couple of us Charlton got on the train at Welling with a few of our Millwall supporting classmates to see a match at the Den.

It was a good day out, Millwall lost at home 1-2, and coming back on the train I opened my jacket to show my long red & white Charlton scarf wrapped round my chest like a Boa Constrictor.

Big cheer from my Charlton mates but the Millwall all bundled on top of me to try and pull it off and throw it out of the train window.

They didn't and I've still got it.
    But I've never forgotten the day I wore my Charlton scarf in the Cold blow Lane end.
  • Options
    Respect - Oggy!!!
  • Options
    My mate is a spanner but also has a season ticket at Charlton. Cant say I like the club but certainly dont want to see them out of business or fall too far out of sight so that we wont ever play them again. I agree that they do have quite a few numbskulls but the vast majority are decent fans and love their football.

Still kinda miss the rivalry and the bragging rights post match...Morts in the snow...PRICELESS!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]its millwall and only milwall our true rivals

Spot on
  • Options
    theres no palace rilvary where i come from,its the millwall thugs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yep, I always find this 'hatred' of Palace so artificial.

Only Millwall really deserve the use of such a word
  • Options
    so true,palace is a no replacement
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]Bing, I had some worrying exciting moments there too. My favourite (I use the word loosely) was Jim Melrose's goal on his debut in front of the CBL and him going upto the terrace (he may even have jumped on the fence) and shaking his fist.

My brother and I were in the CBL tightlipped not knowing whether to laugh or cry.

I will always love Jim Melrose for that.

Thanks, I hated them so much, you see.