Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What reception will Kishishev get?

2»

Comments

• Options
    He's been on the bench a lot so I guess we'll get a chance to clap him when he comes on just after we go 4 nil up.
  • Options
    i'll give him a cheer...and a boo if he scores (because he didn't do a lot of that for us and he should have), unless its an own goal, which i could see him doing (because he's bound to be in the way), in which case i'll give him a cheer again...and if we win, we should see him off the pitch in style...
  • Options
    As been said, Kish falls into the Stevie Brown category (though to a much lesser extent), of a player that was never as talented as his collegues, but always gave his all.

Despite the numerous times he gave the ball away and drew groans from the crowd, he never once hid and always come back for more. He also never rocked the boat, despite always being in and out of the side, and was also active in doing childrens charity things in the clubs name. Those factors mean more to me than than the dodgy passes.

I won't be cheering him from the rafters, but i will be giving him a warm round of applause, and would be really disappointed if some ungrateful, uneducated nob heads gave him abuse.
  • Options
    I'll give him a clap when his name gats called out before the game - always liked the fella.

I'll give him an even bigger clap if he gets taken off halfway through the second half having been directly or inderectly culpable for all 5 of our goals up til that point!
    ;o)
  • Options
    I agree with all the gave 100% stuff but have to say I think people are undermining him as a player, his positional sense was suspect at best but he had a nice touch and could actually pick a decent pass..........he also had a flair for making high profile and costly errors though and unfortunately they taint people's view on him.

I can't make tomorrow as I have to go on a stupid 'city break' but would be applauding him if I was there.
  • Options
    Cheer the bloke of course. He was not prem quality but he worked his socks, give him a shout!!!
  • Options
    Perhaps an undervalued player as he worked his *ss off, abilty was supect but how many perfect players have we had? (new thread)?
    I will be giving him a clap for sure..
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]I would give him a clap if i was not at a poxy wedding tomorrow

Why do people get married on home games?

no thought for there guests at all LOL[/quote]

so why arnt you going to the game leftbehind?
  • Options
    He was certainly not a bad player for us. His stats stand for themselves, number of games over 7 years, tackles made and passes completed. All I can assume is some people don't understand his role in the team, in the position he played and the quality of opposition he faced he didn't do that bad a job. It’s a pity certain other players didn't show similar commitment.
    I know for a fact he was gutted not to be given another contract by the club
    7 years of loyal service alone deserves respect and around of applause.
  • Options
    Any true 100% Charlton player will get applause from me especially after giving many years service.

I just hope the moronic tossers who abused Lisbie keep their mouths shut when it comes to kish.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agree with KB and Henry, Kish did the work that went unnoticed, tracked back when others went missing
    or couldn't be bothered, never backed out of a challenge, wore the shirt with pride. He did alot of things
    Semedo does now and its not taken long for supporters to have a pop at him.

So for me as well as me Dad and mate he'll get a good clap.
  • Options
    Kish was never my favourite player TBH but, he played Premiership footy in the UK and got 50+ International caps to boot. OK they were for Bulgaria but come on ! How many of us would not give their right arm to be able to say we were that good to our kids/grandkids?

He was never as sh*t as he is painted by some and as for commitment to the cause - it's all been said. I for one will give him a warm welcome back.
  • Options
    Someone give him a clap from me as I won't be there. I just hope this is not the one occasion when he tries one of his shots from distance and it goes in rather than the back row of the stand- it would be a first!
  • Options
    I'll be giving him enough claps for everyone dont worry.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uppernorth.Ian[/cite]Agree with KB and Henry, Kish did the work that went unnoticed, tracked back when others went missing
    or couldn't be bothered, never backed out of a challenge, wore the shirt with pride. He did alot of things
    Semedo does now and its not taken long for supporters to have a pop at him.

So for me as well as me Dad and mate he'll get a good clap.

Well said, Ian.

Football is not just about the Andy Reids or even the Darren Bents who light up the park.
    It's the unsung heroes who through their grafting and covering build a platform for the creative players to perform with flair & guile.

Wasn't it Lawrie McMenemy who said every team need 9 virtuoso players and 2 roadsweepers?

Okay, Kish was a roadsweeper.
    And if he'd been home grown and come through the youth team like Stevie Brown - he would have been a legend.

Clap him. He deserves it!
  • Options
    Didn't hear any boos but heard plenty of clapping and a fair few cheers.

Well done everybody!
  • Options
    I didn't clap because I always thought he was crap. It would have been hypocritical of ne if I did and I hate hypocrisy.
    Didn't boo him today or ever. Never booed a professional sportsman, ever.
  • Options
    I thought he played well when he came on - and had brought his shooting boots with him too!
  • Options
    I stood up and applauded him. Never in doubt for me. Most around me did the same. There was certainly no booing in the East as far as I could tell.