Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

If you could ask Dowie one football / Charlton related question ?

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]Do you think it COULD be possible to reverse the 15 years good work AND empty the clubs bank account in a shorter possible time than you achieved???

Harsh.
  • but possibly fair
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]Can you name the Royal Engineers team that lost the FA Cup final in 1872? If I was allowed a second sub-question - can you also name the rank of each player.[/quote]

Capt. Marindin;
    Capt. Merriman,
    Lieut. Addison;
    Lieut. Creswell,
    Lieut. Mitchell,
    Lieut. Renny-Tailyour;
    Lieut. Rich,
    Lieut. Goodwyn,
    Lieut. Muirhead,
    Lieut. Cotter,
    Lieut. Bogle.

Not a single Bombadier.[/quote]

Surely Bombadier is a rank in the Royal Arterilly (sp), not the Royal Engineers..
  • edited September 2007
    Correct. See my post above. Private soldiers are called Sappers in the RE. Bombardiers are what Corporals are called in the RA
  • Great minds think alike...
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Correct. See my post above. Private soldiers are called Sappers in the RE. Bombardiers are what Corporals are called in the RA

Schoolboy error.
  • That bloke flipin hurt us and turn us into something else, certainly not charlton, there was no fight in us.... He sort of killed us ... so quite frankly...

Fair
  • [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Correct. See my post above. Private soldiers are called Sappers in the RE. Bombardiers are what Corporals are called in the RA

Schoolboy error.

Not if you had been a schoolboy with an Royal Engineer (33rd Bomb Disposal) for a Dad.

Oldest part of the Armed Services and no battle honours. Just have Ubique on their badge as they are, and have been, at every engagement of the British Army.
  • And he spent all our money.......
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Correct. See my post above. Private soldiers are called Sappers in the RE. Bombardiers are what Corporals are called in the RA

Schoolboy error.

Not if you had been a schoolboy with an Royal Engineer (33rd Bomb Disposal) for a Dad.

Oldest part of the Armed Services and no battle honours. Just have Ubique on their badge as they are, and have been, at every engagement of the British Army.

What happened to the first 32? ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• The first 32 weren't very good at their job! ;o)
  • " Is it the blue or red wire?"...
  • My dad did the digging not the wire cutting but he did have to lift mines of beaches armed only with a bayonet.
  • Two more questions for Dowie......

Iain, having correctly named the Royal Engineers team, are the lieutenants pronounced "lef-tenants" or "lew-tenants"

Iain, if your second name was Ehiogu, what percentage of the letters in your name would be vowels?
  • Iain, when are you going to re-appear as Davros in Dr Who?
  • edited September 2007
    Iain, has there ever been a defeat for a team you are managing where there are no 'positives' to be taken
  • iain are you lonely
  • What happens to all the bottle tops that are removed by stewards before every game up & down the country?
  • Where's our hotel you hopeless twerp
  • Top posts from mascot88.

At least now I know I'm not the only one to despise Dowie.
    Given a choice between beating Palace or beating Coventry and there's no contest for me.
    You may go into this game feeling ambivilent towards him but I think that will change.
  • Sponsored links:

• Who do you want to turn over more Murray or Jordan?
  • If Faye, Traore and Haislebaink were the answer..........what on earth was the question ?
  • Golfaddick - ever seen Brewster's Millions?
  • Brewster's Millions.........is that the story of someone having to spend £1 million in a day (?) and if they did they then receive millions more ??........

so ?
  • Were you just Andrew Mills' puppet?
  • ian,
    how much would you pay me to arrange a 'toe-to-toe' with each individual that gave you sh*t at chesterfield?
  • * mascot88
    * CommentTime19 hours ago

"That bloke flipin hurt us and turn us into something else, certainly not charlton, there was no fight in us.... He sort of killed us ... so quite frankly... "

Did you see any games the previous season?!!

I agree though with "what happened?"! Would just love to know the facts. But also the same about people in the recent past like Murphy etc!
  • [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]Brewster's Millions.........is that the story of someone having to spend £1 million in a day (?) and if they did they then receive millions more ??........

so ?
    So I was wondering whether Simon Jordan slipped something into his drink at their final press conference, that made him hallucinate he was in a version of Brewster's Millions. If he managed to blow shedloads of money on crap players by the end of the August transfer window, a Roman Abramovich style sugar Daddy would buy up the club and enable him to buy loads of top international in January. And then come September he woke up to realise it was all a dream,by which point it was too late.
  • Were you always that ugly/stoopid or is it as a result of constantly heading a football for a living?
  • Why did you take the job in the first place when it was made clear to you that you'd have to work with Reed and Robson, not your brother?