Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If you could ask Dowie one football / Charlton related question ?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Would you go to B&Q and get me some sky hooks and a skirting board ladder please Iain??
  • Options
    LOL MCS

Iain, could you pump this football up for me?

Seriously, did you really think through the idea to sign Traore, Faye, Hasselbaink and the Leeds lad, or were you just having a laff? And was it really your idea to bring in Scott Carson, or did that loan just fall in your lap?
  • Options
    iain ,after gettig the star role in the "Goonies" as gonk ,
    why did you decide to turn to football, your were a better actor
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: boggzy[/cite]* mascot88
    * CommentTime19 hours ago

"That bloke flipin hurt us and turn us into something else, certainly not charlton, there was no fight in us.... He sort of killed us ... so quite frankly... "

Did you see any games the previous season?!!

I agree though with "what happened?"! Would just love to know the facts. But also the same about people in the recent past like Murphy etc!

Yeah i saw and it wasnt very good and we were trying to suffacate teams and then get dazza to score for us... and it was very drab and the crowd was virtually silent, I know!!

However what dowie did was come in and try and turn it round and put his own spin on it... I dont know he just made me feel utterly dejected at points and numb.... He wasnt one of us....and the body language he showed after the wigan game showed me he couldnt help himslef or us...

Maybe harsh but the facts are the facts he spent all out money and the club got tuned upside down as a result.... as curbs would sayit was so flippin 'predictable' that we went down... but hopefully weve got a good one in pards ..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]If Faye, Traore and Haislebaink were the answer..........what on earth was the question ?

Superb Golfy.
  • Options
    The club approached JFH while Dowie was still at Palace. FACT!
    Why do people go on and on about his signings? He was the first CAFC Manager to have a someone in charge of signing players- Andrew Mills - in fact Iain was not even Manager, he was head coach.
    Iain Dowie is a throughly decent bloke, the players thought the same. FACT. Our club let him down.
  • Options
    Fair point DJ, except I don't believe for a second that Mills in any way chose players; he was only there to close the deals that the "Head Coach" proposed. FACT.
  • Options
    Stop saying FACT at the end of sentences.
    You sound ridiculous when you do that.

This is a message board stating opinions, not an encyclopedia.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT has more power over this board than Mills had over the team. FACT.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]Fair point DJ, except I don't believe for a second that Mills in any way chose players; he was only there to close the deals that the "Head Coach" proposed. FACT.

But wasn't Traore supposed to be a Charlton target for some considerable time even before Curbs left us, I can remember a number of newspaper reports linking him to Charlton.

Suddenly Mills and Dowie come onto the scene and we buy him. Seems to me that it was more of an quick outlet in splashing the clubs cash rather than searching around for a quality left back. Personally, while not defending Dowie, I think Mills had more involvement than we have been led to believe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't forget Dowie signed Reid and Carson so not all his signings were crapola. I would venture Diawara wasn't too shabby either. On the other hand somebody (presumably Curbs recommendation) signed Hasselwaink, and Gibbs. All managers make crap signings, even The Mighty Hairdryer himself has signed some wrong'uns.
  • Options
    The Andrew Mills stuff is nonsense. Richard Murray has said repeatedly that Mills did NOT target the players but that the Head Coach advised Mills who he wanted and Mills went out and did the negotiations rather than the Head Coach do them.
  • Options
    What happened to your face??

( I know thats below the belt, but couldnt resist)