Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Venue

edited September 2007 in Not Sports Related
Live band tonight in the basement and Athlete are dj'ing.

Anyone been to any of these live nights at the big V?

Comments

• Options
    maybe but i hardly remember anything when i'm in there!

i know that doesnt help much...
  • Options
    I've not been, but I think those Friday night things are separate from the rest of the club, so I wouldn't bank on shimmying upstairs later on.

(I saw Athlete play in a Christian youth centre on Deptford High Street years ago and they were rubbish then too ;-))
  • Options
    Saw a flyer for tonight in the auctioneer yesterday, basically a gig for the uni freshers, i think tickets are £6. Looked good but i dont think i'll be going there again, absolute s**thole!
  • Options
    So it's f*ck a fresher night? Hmmm...
  • Options
    And by the looks of the freshers in the auctioneer last night, it's a bloody good f*ck a fresher night Inspector!! Still not going though, cant stand the place
  • Options
    anyone know what time it opens :-)
  • Options
    Anyone got any spare socks for Mr Bartram? ;o)
  • Options
    Half 8 AFKA.
  • Options
    My mates are going to the gig thing, on the proviso that athlete don't play any athlete.

Love the Venue, haven't been since July and really want to go again.
    Can I make a suggestion that if Charlton ever play on a friday night, we go there after.
  • Options
    In all my years of clubbing do not think I have ever made it into the Venue, not sure if I am missing out ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    believe me ketters me old chum, your not missing anything!!
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Agree with Carling , its a dump .

T's is better
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carlingaddick[/cite]believe me ketters me old chum, your not missing anything!!

What not even the Doris's ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]In all my years of clubbing do not think I have ever made it into the Venue, not sure if I am missing out ?

Compared to the Bournes 'Life', the Venue is the dogs danglies
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]In all my years of clubbing do not think I have ever made it into the Venue, not sure if I am missing out ?

You'd love it mate. Four floors of banging house in pristine surroundings - the toilets are the most luxurious I've ever seen.
  • Options
    Surely this now means that we HAVE to sort a lifers night out at the big V !!!!! so people who have not been can change their lives for ever. what about a friday night early December to get us all in the spirit
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]Surely this now means that we HAVE to sort a lifers night out at the big V !!!!! so people who have not been can change their lives for ever. what about a friday night early December to get us all in the spirit

If you are going Best Mate I am there !
  • Options
    i'm there if you are best mate !! not sure you can get in with headphones !!!
  • Options
    Can you dress up like a pirate?
  • Options
    it's likely my football team piss up will end up down there on friday 30th nov so that could be a date for the diaries.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]Can you dress up like a pirate?

You cheeky fugger ahar !
  • Options
    The lager is superb in the basement XXXX or Artois - that's if you like drinking gnats piss.
  • Options
    That was for me you plastic pirate! Ahar!
  • Options
    I'm definately up for that! I have been to the venue hundreds of times and can count the bad nights on one hand.

last night me and les were going through the music channels, and every song that came on I said "this reminds me of so and so at the venue"

Great memories.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]I'm definately up for that! I have been to the venue hundreds of times and can count the bad nights on one hand.

last night me and les were going through the music channels, and every song that came on I said "this reminds me of so and so at the venue"

Great memories.

Me to Sausage, probably 1(maybe 2) bad nights in a run stretching back about 16 years, although i have to admit i havent been for about a year and a half
  • Options
    f_SPA0075m_6e9ae48.jpg
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]Surely this now means that we HAVE to sort a lifers night out at the big V !!!!! so people who have not been can change their lives for ever. what about a friday night early December to get us all in the spirit

Oh yeah - definitely up for that! Not been in far too long...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]Me to Sausage, probably 1(maybe 2) bad nights in a run stretching back about 16 years, although i have to admit i havent been for about a year and a half

pretty much true for me too.
  • Options
    provisionaly fri 30th November then, the night before Burnley at home?
  • Options
    I have it locked in my diary!!!