Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peter Taylor

2»

Comments

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Sir John Humphrey[/cite]I remember his player-manager days at Dartford.On the pitch head and shoulders above everyone else.Top football man despite his Palace connections.[/quote]

Except when taking penalties if my memory is working.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]Well thank god that's over!

Taylor had to go, barring the result at Southampton on the opening day. Taylors most attacking performance of the season was against Charlton.......... yes that was attacking football for Taylor!!

He has brought in players who can do better than they have shown, but his style was so very cautious.

The Hull game was the most boring 90 minutes of football I have watched in many a year.

Now bring in Colin!!

You should have watched some of our performances a year or two back SOS, mind numbingly boring.

I feel a little sorry for Taylor, he has clearly got some ability and has often made silk purses out of sows ears. Is it possible that the Orange one is so difficult to work with that managers just cannot make any head way? After all he has fallen out with most over the years.

Not sure Colin will be the right bloke. He took many years getting Sheff Utd promoted and they lasted one season (Tevez or no Tevez).
  • Options
    Taylor is just like many other managers and players that can only do it at a lowel level. McCarthy is another.