Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton-free weekend ahead.........

What you looking forward to most ?

Comments

• Personally, can't wait for the rugby. Saturday night, England v the French, no game for the faint-hearted. Bring it on !!
  • Going to Wembley Saturday afternoon, then watching the rugby in the evening, so best of both worlds
  • Personally, football as im going to the game.

Must be said though, the rugby team seem to have a lot more pride in representing their country. They sing the National Anthem for starters.
  • Rugby, no question. England v the French is a more meaningful game than England v Estonia...
  • [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Must be said though, the rugby team seem to have a lot more pride in representing their country. They sing the National Anthem for starters.

Agree with that. Makes me livid watching the likes of Gary Neville standing there straight faced. Show some passion FFS, it's meant to be an honour to wear that shirt, not your right
  • Really can't be bothered with the rugby, don't know why, just never got into it.

I'm gigging all weekend anyway.
  • Im at a gig for the Rugby Final.

Remember when Liverpool won the Champions League Final, Oasis didnt come on at The Coronet till after extra time and penalties.
  • I'm looking forward to my holiday in Califronia which means I'll probably see neither the rugby or the football.

I quite enjoyed the rugby on Saturday as we beat the Aussies and I always want England to win but try as I might I still don't really understand the game and to me it looks like a series of 17 stone men laying on each other interspersed with the odd ten yard dash before they all lay down again.
  • "Other" for me.
    I can't really say that I am "looking forward" to either the football or the rugby. I'll watch both and will obviously take more than just a passing interest, but personally I am looking forward to a weekend at home with the family more than either of the two games.
  • Blackheath Rugby during the day, then batting on for England v France in the evening.

My liver won't cope.
  • Sponsored links:

• i'll be surfing in Devon but i'll be watching the Rugby for sure.

Dot think i'll bother gettign out of the water for the Football.....
  • I'm kind of looking forward to the rugby but have to go to a fancy dress party on saturday evening. I then have to chose between spending the time watching it on the tv where the party is or trying to avoid the score till I get home and watching it then.
  • Rugby for me...I doubt I'll bother watching the Estonia match.
  • I'll be watching as much sport as I can whilst packing for my trip to Cork on Sunday.

What time are the kick off's?
  • [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Im at a gig for the Rugby Final.

Remember when Liverpool won the Champions League Final, Oasis didnt come on at The Coronet till after extra time and penalties.

to "you'll never walk alone"
    great gig.
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]I'll be watching as much sport as I can whilst packing for my trip to Cork on Sunday.

What time are the kick off's?

Football 3pm, Ruggers 8pm...
  • I have every intention to have to tape the rugby because by that time I will only remember if we won or lost, any memory of the game will be washed away by the almighty Stella....!
  • to be honest the end of the footie may be a little hazy too after last week's experience....
  • I'm off to Wales to see my little boy,i'll get to see some of the games depending what the little monster wants to do but i likes football and rugby so i might be ok
  • Sorry that should be HE likes football and rugby.
  • Sponsored links:

• you can edit - so you don't sound like Gollum!
  • Cheers!

"Whats in his pocketses"
  • Good to see rugby is topping the poll... justification for my rugby antics Saturday for the Aussie game....
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Good to see rugby is topping the poll... justification for my rugby antics Saturday for the Aussie game....

erm not really. as that's charlton v rugby.
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Going to Wembley Saturday afternoon, then watching the rugby in the evening, so best of both worlds

watching the Mighty Saints I hope you mean Rothers ;-)
  • Rugby all day long - can't wait.

Estonia is a gimme
  • [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Going to Wembley Saturday afternoon, then watching the rugby in the evening, so best of both worlds

watching the Mighty Saints I hope you mean Rothers ;-)

Forgone conclusion my dear, the pesky infidel from Leeds will be sent with it's tail between it's legs! (Great planning by the RFL again! :O( )
  • edited October 2007
    Football all day Long for me, going & cannot wait. As for the Rugby I'll look out for the result & will watch it if it happens to be on in the pub I am drinking in at the time, but not overly bothered if I miss it.

Thought Medders would say the Rugby as he picks that over Charlton anyway :-)
  • is there any rugby commentary online? ;-)

* looking up www.englandrugby.premiumtv.co.uk*

actually there is wall-to-wall coverage over here on Setanta - they show the same games repeated in full about 45 times each
  • I am going to Blackheath v Cambridge to get into a Rugby spirit for the evening. Have friends who support Cambridge, never been to the Rectory Field, other than to play tennis, despite living within 5 minutes walk of it for the last 15 years.

Should get me in the mood for the evening game I suppose......