Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton-free weekend ahead.........

2»

Comments

• Options
    Rectory Field is ok, nowt special if I'm honest, and I was very disappointed by it. Hard to believe they were playing Premiership rugby there a few seasons ago...

Can't knock the bar though... quick service and 4 pint jugs to take out to the stand :-)
  • Options
    Son's football training in morning then Bromley V Dartford in the FA Cup.

Rugby, smugby.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]Really can't be bothered with the rugby, don't know why, just never got into it.

I'm gigging all weekend anyway.

Where and what are you playing D. ?
  • Options
    I Will be going to the Goethe institute(south kensington) on saturday,Goethe was a german philosipher,i have booked the tv room and willl drink some beers and watch some live Bundesliga footy.
    I Will also rent some dvd's and get a bite to eat.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: badger[/cite]I Will be going to the Goethe institute(south kensington) on saturday,Goethe was a german philosipher,i have booked the tv room and willl drink some beers and watch some live Bundesliga footy.

Have a good time, whatever doesn't kill you will make you stronger.
  • Options
    Alles in butter?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: badger[/cite]Alles in butter?

whatever turns you on, mate. : - )

No, never read it.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite] Where and what are you playing D. ?

Saturday- [url=http://www.st-james-piccadilly.org/EveningConcerts.html
    ]http://www.st-james-piccadilly.org/EveningConcerts.html
    [/url]

Sunday rehearsing for gig monday night [url=http://www.sjss.org.uk/pages/Diary/content_page1_3.htm
    ]http://www.sjss.org.uk/pages/Diary/content_page1_3.htm
    [/url]

Not everyone cup of tea, but certainly monday will be very good-Saturday is just for the cheque really..

Still beats watching rugby ;-)
  • Options
    Apparently we're visiting the wife's sister in Corby this weekend. My 8 year old nephew is making his debut for his local team on Saturday and I'm watching his first game. Strangely he looks up to me as someone who knows something about football. So I'll have to shout words of encouragment and do the things his parents - who know nothing about football - should do. On the other hand he's registered with the supporters club and regards himself as a Charlton fan. I'm determined to get him hooked.
  • Options
    Give him a Charlton shirt with "Reid 7" on it or his name or something, that'll do it. He'll look at it everyday and soon enough he'll be hooked. Good luck to him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: badger[/cite]I Will be going to the Goethe institute(south kensington) on saturday,Goethe was a german philosipher,i have booked the tv room and willl drink some beers and watch some live Bundesliga footy.

There is no Bundesliga this weekend - the next matches are scheduled for Oct 19-21st.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Good to see rugby is topping the poll... justification for my rugby antics Saturday for the Aussie game....

No, it does not. Club vs country club always wins.

Club vs Rugby and as much as I like my rugby goes without saying Charlton win.

Academic as I'm dj'ing that night anyway so will be very much inclined to charge extra at the slightest hint of any antagonism form any of the revellers. Medders, keep me updated old son
  • Options
    I'm off to the West Coast of Scotland with the classic car club. Unfortunately don;t think I'll have much chance to watch either football or rugby.

Looking forward to my trip to Paris for the RWC Final now, though - if England make it through, I'll have a team to support, or if France get through there's sure to be a huge party.
  • Options
    So to summarise this Thread plenty of plastics watching the Rugby in the Pub but NONE actually going.

Not many people watching the England football match in the pub but several ARE watching it LIVE.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]So to summarise this Thread plenty of plastics watching the Rugby in the Pub but NONE actually going.

Not many people watching the England football match in the pub but several ARE watching it LIVE.

Do you have idea how much the rugby tickets cost, even if you managed to get one at face value?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]So to summarise this Thread plenty of plastics watching the Rugby in the Pub but NONE actually going.

Do you have idea how much the rugby tickets cost, even if you managed to get one at face value?!

and the expression 'hens teeth' comes up as well for the tickets in Paris.

The football is so popular, that the FA still haven't sold Wembley out on Saturday
  • Options
    working in a samll town called melksham in wiltshire
  • Options
    i,ll be at hayes lane for bromley v dartford 1 o,clock k/o then back home for england game.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kmem4[/cite]i,ll be at hayes lane for bromley v dartford 1 o,clock k/o then back home for england game.

Is it 1.00? Thanks cos I would have turned up at 3.00. Now going to rush home from footie training to get their before they lock the gates.

I'll be on the half way line at the back behind the dug outs. Kmem4. See you there.
  • Options
    I'm afraid its rugby this weekend. It is a world cup after all.

but i'll be watching both in a clapham junction bar frequented by safa's and frenchies with a spattering of kiwi's and ozzies (with tails between legs)...cannot wait.

Last week i was in Temple Walkabout with my mate and we met 4 funny English blokes, giving antipodeans the appropriate stick.... They bought us a round then told us they were Palace fans! so at least we got the beers in first.

To be fair - they had also heard about the youngster getting punched on the train and were quite apologetic and seemed like nice chappies.

needless to say, we didn't return the beer buying compliment
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: fazza[/cite]Last week i was in Temple Walkabout with my mate

What, whilst Charlton were at home? That's disgraceful!

;-)
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    after the charlton game of course... !!!!
    to prove it... we all started singing "swing low" and the national anthem... even that barnsley lot.