Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

contacts or glasses

2»

Comments

• Options
    I think we should put a lid on this now - it's getting too high brow.
  • Options
    Such Aqueous Humour!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]You aren't supposed to wear them everyday as they will restrict the flow of air to your eyes.

So i'm told but optician i'm not..

I tried those ones you wear day and night for 28 days at a time, and they fooked my eyelids up, hence why I now can't wear even daily contacts every day...
  • Options
    Having had a couple of instances of "trying to take out a contact lens that wasn't actually there" when pissed a couple of times, I generally just stick to wearing glasses. I've got a small batch of daily disposables that I keep for when I'm feeling particularly vain though.
  • Options
    i hate wearing glasses for pure vain purposes, but i hate wearing contacts more. Whether its the lens or the solution, something just doesn't agree with my eyes. They never settle properly, move off the pupil frequently, and get terrible headaches in the morning. If i'm out on the lash, the hangover is made to feel three times worse.

Wife had them lasered at Moorfields last year and has said its the best thing she has ever had done, apart from the fact i now look pretty ugly :-(
  • Options
    Contacts, can't take the glasses though I sometimes use them round the house. Can't wait for the laser treatment tho. What's Moorfields?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]What's Moorfields?

Moorfields Eye Hospital.

Its an errr, eye hospital :-)
  • Options
    I am colloquially known as the four eyed git which probably answers the question.....
  • Options
    Luckily don't need them but coulddn't stand the thought of putting contacts in.
  • Options
    Its the only way forward....get lasered....you wont regret it - that is unless something goes terribly wrong and you end up blind - but then you still wont need glasses or contacts so you are in a win-win situation!

Up and Atom!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    lol
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I wouldn't try to influence anyone's decision, but if anyone is thinking about it, I had this email today:
    20% off laser eye treatment with Ultralase

But hurry! You must have treatment on or before 31st December 2007 to be eligible.*
    Why choose Ultralase?

The only treatment provider confident enough to have its results independently verified. The only provider to exceed the efficacy provisions of NICE (National Institute of Health & Clinical Excellence) in respect of accuracy of procedure and quality of vision through independently verified data. Endorsed by Dollond & Aitchison, The Opticians, as well as by 300 other independent opticians around the UK.

For more information, or to book a FREE consultation, call 08000 276 815, quoting YAW1 or visit ultralase.com
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite] the thought of putting my finger in my minces makes me cringe

I'm with ledge. Eyes are the one thing I squimish about. Fortunately don't wear either glasses or contacts but I really should get my eyes checked again. Last time was when I was about 30.
  • Options
    20 years is a long time for things to go wrong.