Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Dickson on target for The Jills ....Four now!!!!

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
hopefully it doesn't help them too much as they're 2-3 down to Luton in front of a bumper crowd of 1,417

update. Bloody hat-trick, steady on lad!

I have been looking out for the lad and noticed he was an unused sub in their last two games. No wonder they're in the poop.

Comments

• Options
    Dickson hat trick.
  • Options
    Good for him. Hope now he's broken his duck he scores a hat trick every game and Gills lose 4-3. We either get a goal machine or have an asset who's value just went up by a few ££££

Interesting rule in the watch paint dry cup. Teams have to play at least 6 first teamers. How that is worked out I have no idea but should there be something similar for the League cup?
  • Options
    To be honest, I don't mind if it does help them out. I'd rather he was doing well, scoring goals in a winning team as that'll boost his confidence, and hopefully we'll get the benefit in the end.
  • Options
    He's only gone and helped them win 4-3. SPLITTER!

Best we call him back now then?
  • Options
    Oh no. He'll be a pikey hero now. FFS
  • Options
    That's alright though. He's still ours, so if he carries on doing well we can say they're only successful due to our generosity.
  • Options
    This has to be good news. Chris's goals are a bit like buses, none for yonks and then several come along at once. Given our striking options, even when he returns to the fold it's going to be difficult for him to force his way into contention. Clearly though if he shows he can score at Div One level and his general play and team discipline improves, he could really be a secret weapon to be unleashed in the latter part of the campaign.
  • Options
    Now that my old man is retired he watches the ressies and youth team games - reckons Dicko is the best "natural" goalscorer we have.........and that includes the first teamers too ! He was recently moaning against Hull that we shouldn't have sent him out on loan and should be on the bench instead of Toddy and Mcleod.

Knows a thing or two about footie my old man............was spotted by the Hammers as a kid in the forties but told by his family to get a real trade instead..........what did they know !!

Always remember one of my first games he took me to at the Valley in the 70's v stoke . a certain Garth Crooks made his debut for them at my dad remarked that he looked good and would be something special..........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]Now that my old man is retired he watches the ressies and youth team games - reckons Dicko is the best "natural" goalscorer we have.........

I said the same after watching Dickson in the reserves at the back end of last season. The bloke is a natural, and I was gutted when he went out on loan. Really believe he could do a job at this level
  • Options
    I agree Golfie, Dicko probably is our most natural finisher, but the way the game is played now you need to have more in your locker than that. Hope he can develop the other bits.

As a case study though, Paul Gorman would of been our most natural finisher when he was at the club, but he couldn't fully crack it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Could people call him Dicko mk 2 please, I was here before him!!
  • Options
    His goal against Welling was a great finish and I have been talking him up since we signed him.

I hope he becomes a secret weapon for later in the season
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Could people call him Dicko mk 2 please, I was here before him!!

It's easy to distinguish between the two... one's a legend, one's a melt...
  • Options
    Don't be so harsh on him
  • Options
    Let's hope he starts on saturday and gets another hat trick against that lot
  • Options
    Dicko starts and puts the Gills one up against that lot. Get in!!!
  • Options
    Scoring against Millwall..... Bring him back Alan!
  • Options
    Still one nil and Dicko has just hit the post.
  • Options
    one all now, But once more Dicko is causing major problems as he has just had one cleared off the line. The radio reckons his goal is a cracker. Worth a watch on ssn later.
  • Options
    Dicko gets MOM.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Please stop calling him Dicko, Dicko MK II is his official title
  • Options
    my mate the gills fan said after watching him the last two games he is the best striker they had since marlon king. And they worshipped him. they wont wanna give him back. good business on our part!
  • Options
    edited October 2007
  • Options
    1 Game left for Dickson, all the way oop north to Carlisle.

Reckon Pard's will bring him straight back, or will he let Iffy keep him for another month?
  • Options
    i'd keep him there.

His confidence must clearly be up at the moment. We have no injury crisis, there is no obvious 'in' at the moment. let him keep playing, and hopefully keep scoring goals.
  • Options
    absolutely - a run of leagues games now will be excellent for him, just a shame about helping scally out
  • Options
    Agree, keep him there and hope his general game improves.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]absolutely - a run of leagues games now will be excellent for him, just a shame about helping scally out

I hate Scally as well but there's something quite satisfying about lending them our fifth choice striker and them finding out that he way better than anything they've got. It gives us the right level of superiority in my opinion.
  • Options
    Loan extended by another month
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Right for Dickson, right for the club - and, I suppose, right for the Jills too.

Win, win, win.