Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jack Penate - Another famous Addick

2»

Comments

• Options
    i'll go first...

WHO ????
  • Options
    never eard of him!!??
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    his mum perchance?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=57779705
  • Options
    I saw Garry Bushell at Waterloo East on the way to the game last Saturday.The Charlton train pulls in and he didnt get on ,he's picking his games now then.

Never heard of Jack whatshisface though.
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rjc0Q2ktgw&mode=related&search=
  • Options
    a few years back me and a couple of pals one who supports the addicks were heading to ireland and upon realising the overnight train was a cheaper option we decided to spend a day drinking in town. Well we got into a discussion about people we hated and Charlton lad says Gary Bushell.

After a good few hours of drinking we head to Euston for our train and who should walk across the station towards is but Bushell himself , mate goes up to him and sings "Bushell on the box , Bushell Bushell on the box!" , Bushell says "alright mate" , mates reply is p**s off you f**kin w**ker
  • Options
    does he just look about 15 years older than he actually is?
  • Options
    He is quite good going get me women to buy it for my birthday.
  • Options
    whilst in youtube have a look at this my kids showed me, quite funny!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx1XIm6q4r4
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]never eard of him!!??
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i'll go first...

WHO ????

Sang a track called 'turd on the platform'

Urban
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i think Razil knows him

(no he didn't do some tiling for him)
  • Options
    Just seen him on the red button highlights of Reading (and Leeds) festival, did a great set, His new albums pretty good too
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Thommo[/cite]Just seen him on the red button highlights of Reading (and Leeds) festival, did a great set, His new albums pretty good too

recently released 'Be the one' - very catchy. Like his new album too
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    There is nothing whatsoever about this guy when I click on the link about Cardiff on the previous page. Are you all mad, or is it an elaborate wind up....
  • Options
    He is CAFC. Never heard of him before, but he is the nuts.

Season ticket holder at Charlton second to last post
  • Options
    Knew his dad Charlie very well...........from the very early days of The Hard Rock Cafe......we would go there every Friday night and Charlies dad (Jacks grandfather) made his fortune importing and marketing tomatoes from The Canaries I believe (where he came from)..........one of his prestige accounts was The Hard Rock and Charlie was a regular there back in those days...he could walk in and out at his leisure and we'd all get straight to the bar without having to queue up for ages..........very handy that, especialy when you were outa yer bonce on one thing or another!!
    The name is pronounced.....Penyartea.
  • Options
    went to my school as well. top lad.
  • Options
    happen to know the bass player who sadly is a (non typical) Millwall fan, ah well.

:(
  • Options
    Thought he was utter shite when he started out. Jaunty post punk bollox, albeit with a bit more melody than the rest.

His new single Pull My heart Away is quality though. They've brought the simple melody out without awful stunted changing guitars and it sounds similiar to early Cure production. Hopefully people will start moving away from analising and making very boring post punk. Good luck to him anything's better than the almost completely bland 'indie' around now.
  • Options
    I take the opposite view to Colin, I liked his first album, admittedly not groundbreaking but some really good upbeat tunes not unfairly compared to The Housemartins a few times.

I have been bored by what I have heard of the new stuff - yes its more mature but boring. I will listen again and give him more chances though.

I do agree with Colin's last statement - XFM should now be renamed to Landfill FM.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wouldn't say more mature just thought he's bringing the songs out better by stripping them down and not getting busy on the 'scene' guitar sound. Just thought sonically it's simpler but sooooo much more layered and aurally more intense. Mind you that's pretty much based on Pull My heart Away. But hey that might be mainly down to the producer on that single, whom I believe is Epworth.

You can tell his tastes and pallete of influences is a hella of a lot richer than 99% of inidie bands.
  • Options
    Just bought four tickets to his show in DC on September 18th. Appreciate the heads up.
  • Options
    I quite like Jack Penate. If you listen to BBC 6 music then you'll come across his music on a fairly regular basis.

Off the top of my head here are some other obscurely famous and quite cool people who are also Charlton fans:

Chad Smith (The drummer from Red Hot Chilli Peppers)

Lightspeed Champion (Anglo American alternative underground musician ( Lightspeed champion ))

Dave Berry (XFM DJ)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]I quite like Jack Penate. If you listen to BBC 6 music then you'll come across his music on a fairly regular basis.

Off the top of my head here are some other obscurely famous and quite cool people who are also Charlton fans:

Chad Smith (The drummer from Red Hot Chilli Peppers)

Lightspeed Champion (Anglo American alternative underground musician (Lightspeed champion))

Dave Berry (XFM DJ)

Ok, we all know about Dave Berry, but how do you know about Chad Smith and Lightspeed Champion (who by the way sounds quite cool - might have to get a CD)???
  • Options
    Lightspeed Champion was on Soccer AM a couple of seasons ago when he said he's a fan. There was an article in one of last seasons programmes about Paul Gunn who once brought Chad Smith to a Charlton match. Smith now follows Charlton apparently he tries to get to a game everytime he's in the UK. I'll see if I can did up the article I must still have it somewhere.
  • Options
    Lightspeed champion is excellent. He has on occasion been the machine for Florence and the machine. His album is very good as well. But I had no idea he was a Charlton fan. He used to be in a shocking band called Testicicles before going solo.
  • Options
    I do agree with Colin's last statement - XFM should now be renamed to Landfill FM.

Sad, it was a decent station until Capital Radio took it over.
  • Options
    Can honestly say I have never heard of him, that is the music scene these days!
  • Options
    Just returning home from Jack's concert at the Rock N' Roll Hotel in DC. Great show. Very much appreciate this thread, if only because it led to watching great live music.