Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Valley of Dreams No More?

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
Has Curbishley's book been rebranded after having taken up at The Boelyn?

Strange.

Comments

• Options
    It's the paperback version (Complete with new title).
  • Options
    Apparently updated to include last seasons relegation fight at West Ham...
  • Options
    Very strange, what an idiot! My dislike for the man grows and grows where as my respect stays the same. Hard to really explain how I feel about him.
  • Options
    waste of time

Muppet
  • Options
    I thought that might be a wind up at first.

Big boo to Curbs on that one.
  • Options
    What a twat that man is, who would of thought his memory would be that short.
    Fcuk of and die you wet spam tosser!!!
  • Options
    I read it on holiday and even as a Charlton fan it was hard going.......
  • Options
    new title, new chapter, same old boring book?
  • Options
    I gave up reading it half way through. Load of old tosh. Worst autobiography I 've ever read.
  • Options
    LOL. I got it for Christmas last. My other half ordered it from the Club Shop and had it send to middle-of-nowhere Canada at GREAT cost. Lovely thought tho. Even through the long and snowy winters evenings, I still only managed to get about halfways through. A tad tedious. Still, one day I'll pick it back up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    don't see the problem myself. his agent says 'alan if you add a new chapter or two about last season it should shift a few thousand more copies.', of course he (or his ghost writer) will do it. It will be in the same bland style as the rest of the book so little risk of annoying his current squad, especially as most of those he may have pissed off are no longer at the club.
  • Options
    Glad I got a review copy as I would have been well pissed off to have paid money for that rubbish. A wasted opportunity.

Don't dislike him and still have a great deal of respect for what he did for us.
  • Options
    I'm not sure how much say he had in the title change - probably a way of trying to re-sell it to WHU fans.

I'm sure we could come up with some alternative titles...

Alan Curbishley: "Football Related Insomnia: The Cure."
  • Options
    I dont dislike him but to change the name of a Charlton book to something else just cos he has been at another club for 6 months...

He might be at West Ham for 10 years, write a book about them then.
  • Options
    "P'raps" by Alan Curbishley
  • Options
    I hear the promotion for the book goes something like

"someone's going to buy this book so why not you"

I'm waiting for his next book

"Cup runs and how to avoid them"
  • Options
    And after that...

"Great substitutions I never made"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]write a book about them then.

He was asked this at the press conference for the re-launch. He responded with "I just don't think I got started. You have to get your first chapter in first and in this game that is so important."
  • Options
    And

"Those difficult last ten games: How to avoid a late slide if you can't afford a dodgy Argentine"
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]And

"Those difficult last ten games: How to avoid a late slide if you can't afford a dodgy Argentine"

Surely that would be written by someone who actually knows how to avoid a late slide without a dodgy Argentine?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    'In this fully updated paperback edition, he unveils the clandestine meetings that led to his departure from the Valley to join his boyhood club, West Ham, and ....'

clandestine ? Why ? He'd already left us before he joined WestHam so why would they be clandestine ? Or is he saying that he was in negotiations to join WestHam whilst still in OUR employment ?
  • Options
    LOL! I sense someone's trying to "sex up" his dossier!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]And

Surely that would be written by someone who actually knows how to avoid a late slide without a dodgy Argentine?

True : -)
  • Options
    How many times does he say 'Ya Know' in the book, his after match comments are littered with them, count them next time he's on, he'll say it at least five or six times in a 1 minute interview.
  • Options
    sadly, one of the few books i couldn't be bothered to finish which, given the subject matter, says a lot...lucky i borrowed a copy rather than bought one...
  • Options
    all i can say about the book in true Curbs style, 'it never really got going'.

Hardly needs the money does he ? A pathetic gesture that really attempts to belittle his time with us.
  • Options
    I've got a signed copy of his original. Bearing in mind that the Hamsters have squillions of fans spread far and wide, maybe my version will be worth a fortune in a few years time......along with my shares in Barings, and Quicksave.....;-(
  • Options
    I've got a signed copy too, but spilt coffee over it the day it was given to me. Perhaps that wasn't a bad thing.
  • Options
    P'raps, Chicago, p'raps. ;-)
  • Options
    Perhaps we can aim for a top 10 finish.