Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Advice on what to wear please: sorted!

This lucky girl is off to Paris for the weekend. Not normally being an avid egg-chaser, I don't already possess an England rugby shirt and have now heard that they have sold out everywhere anyway. So what should I wear with my jeans instead? (And before you suggest it Gump, stockings would be inappropriate...)

a) A Rugby World Cup t-shirt eg one with little flags of all the nations who took part
b) An England football shirt (not keen after last night!)
c) A white Charlton away shirt (I do have Marcus Bent's...so wouldn't mind if it got ruined)
d) A leisure top with beautiful denim and seahawk stripes

Any advice by mid afternoon appreciated so I can go off and pack.
Thanks in advance ;-)

Comments

• Options
    Think they've still got England Shirts in Decathlon at Surrey Quays, they also still got them at Twickenham.

But if all else fails, then b
  • Options
    Charlton shirt. No contest. Err... except if you follow rothko's advice and get a pukka England shirt.
  • Options
    i'd go for the beautiful denim and seahawk weegie.

Will bring out the blue in your eyes :-)
  • Options
    A big no no wearing club colours at internationals for me , so got to be an England something or other .

Maybe just body paint a cross of st george
  • Options
    I've seen England tops around this week, so you should be able to pick one up somewhere... Maybe the airport if you're flying?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Think they've still got England Shirts in Decathlon at Surrey Quays, they also still got them at Twickenham.

A long way from Glasgow, though, Rothko, but thanks for the suggestion!

AFKA - my eyes are a bit more grey than blue, but that would still work with the seahawk, wouldn't it??

Shag - not sure the Parisian public would be ready for that one!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]I've seen England tops around this week, so you should be able to pick one up somewhere... Maybe the airport if you're flying?

Edinburgh airport?? Maybe...
  • Options
    Is there a Nike superstore in Glasgow?..
  • Options
    I think there is a big Nike shop in central Paris
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Gump[/cite]Is there a Nike superstore in Glasgow?..

Not a superstore - Greaves sports is about as good as it gets here.

Truth is Mr Weegie will kill me if I buy an England rugby top (he's meant to have converted me to being an Irish rugby fan), so I do need to decide on an alternative.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Gump[/cite]Is there a Nike superstore in Glasgow?..

Not a superstore - Greaves sports is about as good as it gets here.

Truth is Mr Weegie will kill me if I buy an England rugby top (he's meant to have converted me to being an Irish rugby fan), so I do need to decide on an alternative.

Why not a Scottish rugby fan?..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]?

Seriously, I suggested to him the other night that I might try and get one, and he looked absolutely horrified and threatened to disown me. He only got the chance to get tickets for the final because we applied for tickets for the quarter final in Cardiff because he thought Ireland would have been playing there (are you following - it's a bit convoluted??). He has promised to support England in the final, but it won't be easy for him.

I'm starting to get excited about going now - hope they end these strikes in Paris as otherwise it will be chaos.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Quick question Weegie as we have never met - are you English yourself?
  • Options
    Or you could just wear stockings?.. ;-)
  • Options
    Go with the rugby shirt that way you won't upset the husband as you'll have ireland colours on aswell! Plus it's a great way to have all the other nationalities buy you a drink in the bars around Paris!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]Quick question Weegie as we have never met - are you English yourself?

I'm half English, half Scottish and married to an Irishman.

I always support England first and foremost at football - and particularly passionately if they play Scotland!

Rugby's a bit different - when I converted Mr Weegie from being a (plastic) Spurs fan to Charlton many years ago, the contra deal was that I would support Ireland at rugby. So me suggesting I'll wear an England shirt would be a bit like him deciding to revert to supporting Spurs when Charlton got relegated (which, I hasten to add, he hasn't done.)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Gump[/cite]Or you could just wear stockings?.. ;-)

Well done for resisting so long, Gump!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Gump[/cite]Or you could just wear stockings?.. ;-)

Well done for resisting so long, Gump!

lol...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]Go with the rugby shirt that way you won't upset the husband as you'll have ireland colours on aswell! Plus it's a great way to have all the other nationalities buy you a drink in the bars around Paris!

That might be the diplomatic way out! I could always get one of those silly big hats they sometimes have at the rugby to show my England colours, then, couldn't I?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]?

Seriously, I suggested to him the other night that I might try and get one, and he looked absolutely horrified and threatened to disown me. He only got the chance to get tickets for the final because we applied for tickets for the quarter final in Cardiff because he thought Ireland would have been playing there (are you following - it's a bit convoluted??). He has promised to support England in the final, but it won't be easy for him.

I'm starting to get excited about going now - hope they end these strikes in Paris as otherwise it will be chaos.

Blimey, wouldn't it be cheaper and more simple to divorce him and marry an Englishman... LOL
  • Options

I'm half English, half Scottish and married to an Irishman.

Oh dear, very messy! I'd go for A with a St George silly hat or large flag!
  • Options
    Get your face painted outside the ground... English flags on both cheeks!

I'd leave the football shirts at home, alas some are very quick to judge those in an England football shirt differently that incudes the bar owners, Parisian public and the CRS!
  • Options
    Are you going to the match itself Weegie - or just to soak up the atmosphere?
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    We are actually going, Off_It, assuming we can get there with all these blooming French strikes...
  • Options
    If in doubt, dress up like a pirate.
  • Options
    How on earth did you get tickets?

I'm not having a go - honest - but you did start this thread by saying "Not normally being an avid egg-chaser" which kinda suggests that you're not a rugby fan and wouldn't normally go to a match. I'm interested to know how someone with little real interest in the game can get a ticket when I'm guessing that thousands of genuine rugby fans who go or play week in and week out have little or no chance of getting their hands on one.

Not trying to put a dampner on things - I hope you enjoy our win! - but it doesn't seem right to me!
  • Options
    Strip off naked and paint yourself red and white - its all the rage!
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    any sporting final live these days is nothing more than a massive corporate event. Just hope you work for a firm, or have clients etc who do, that can get access to tickets.

Sadly the days of finals being about the real fans are long gone, in every sport.

Take what's on offer and enjoy it Weegs, the bulk of the crowd will be in the same position as you.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]How on earth did you get tickets?

I'm not having a go - honest - but you did start this thread by saying "Not normally being an avid egg-chaser" which kinda suggests that you're not a rugby fan and wouldn't normally go to a match. I'm interested to know how someone with little real interest in the game can get a ticket when I'm guessing that thousands of genuine rugby fans who go or play week in and week out have little or no chance of getting their hands on one.

Not trying to put a dampner on things - I hope you enjoy our win! - but it doesn't seem right to me!

I'm sure Weegie will explain, but if I remember rightly it's a birthday present and was booked a long time ago... ie long before we knew England would be in the final...