Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Advice on what to wear please: sorted!

2»

Comments

• Options
    I'm more of a football fan than rugby fan, Off_It, that's all. I've been to quite a few rugby matches over the years - usually involving Ireland or Ulster (see why above). Quite simply, when we applied for tickets for the quarter final in Cardiff (in the hope that Ireland would be playing in it), there was a box to tick for a draw to 'win the chance to buy tickets for the final'. We ticked the box - and were lucky. So we bought two tickets (for a lot of money even at face value), long before we knew who'd be playing, but on the basis of having a good weekend in Paris and getting to a World Cup Final - I'll probably never manage a football one in my lifetime, much as I'd love to. So I don't see what's wrong with it at all.
  • Options
    That's fair enough Weegie, nowt wrong with that at all.

As I said - before these fellas came riding in to your defence on their white chargers! - I wasn't having a pop in the first place, was just interested to learn how you got hold of the tickets, that's all. (A proper rugby fan mate of mine has been applying for just about every match and never got a sniff - and is well gutted about it!)

Have a good day.
  • Options
    Thanks for all your nice comments everyone - I will of course let you know what I wear (no chance, Solid!) and how we got on once we return on Tuesday.

Where's Ollie, by the way? Was expecting a slagging from him just for going to his least favourite city!!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]Quick question Weegie as we have never met - are you English yourself?[/quote]
    I think she played in the game that you were ref for at The Valley.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]Quick question Weegie as we have never met - are you English yourself?

I was obviously on my best behaviour!
  • Options
    Have a great day, how about getting a British Lions shirt?

That has all the home nations badges on it. Allowing you therefore to support England while not breaking your promise to support Ireland as their badge will also be on it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]Quick question Weegie as we have never met - are you English yourself?

I was obviously on my best behaviour!

Yes she did and yes you were! I meant never met personally, but I suppose running around the hallowed turf together does count! Have a great time in Paris and bring the right result home...you Englishwoman, you!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Have a great day, how about getting a British Lions shirt?

That has all the home nations badges on it. Allowing you therefore to support England while not breaking your promise to support Ireland as their badge will also be on it.

That's a great idea - I'll see if I can find one of them!

And thanks, C_f_W - I will try to bring the right result home (won't be for lack of shouting, even though I always get offside wrong in this funny game). Think it will be a tough match, though - shouldn't underestimate the difficulty of turning round a 36-0 deficit. Perhaps they should take heart from the Russian football team...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]shouldn't underestimate the difficulty of turning round a 36-0 deficit.

Didn't anyone explain it's not a two-leg match?

;-)
  • Options
    Very good, Medders. Thought you were all being too nice!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Couldn't resist that one sorry!

Lions shirt is a good idea. God knows if you'll be able to find one though
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Couldn't resist that one sorry!

Lions shirt is a good idea. God knows if you'll be able to find one though

Still a load kicking about in sports shops like JJB and Sports Soccer
  • Options
    Thanks - I'll give it a try tonight. (Any excuse to go shopping...)
  • Options
    Charlton Shirt
  • Options
    Well, in the end I went shopping this morning with Mr Weegie on his way to work. Scoured the sports shops of Glasgow, but neither Lions nor England rugby shirts to be found. Then hiding in a corner of the Nike shop within JD Sports I found a navy England Rugby t-shirt with a red rose on it. Mr Weegie said he didn't mind, so that's that. And only(!) £15, which isn't too bad considering I'll probably only wear it the once.

Thanks again for all the suggestions.