Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lee Evans at the O2

2»

Comments

• Options
    I am going Monday evening.
  • Options
    my birthday is July so it would have been 7 months before he popped up on that rubbish show "your face or mine"

I remember Medders texting me to say "that funny fella from your b'day thing has popped up"
  • Options
    Off to see the monkey boy at the O2 tomorrow night. Can't wait, it's been a long time coming. Reviews of his tour so far have been very good... all new material apparently.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]my birthday is July so it would have been 7 months before he popped up on that rubbish show "your face or mine"

I remember Medders texting me to say "that funny fella from your b'day thing has popped up"

Yeah must of been July time, as I can remember a lot of the doris's moaning they were missing the Big Brother final... (possibly the first ever?)
  • Options
    It was either 2002 or 2003
  • Options
    Saw Lee Evans at the Bournemouth IC last week & I think he is definately losing it after seeing him twice before. Definately worth seeing if you haven't before but not a patch on his old self IMO.

Also saw Jimmy Carr (Repeat Offender) & have too say that was one of the funniest stand ups I've ever been to. The guy is an absolute genius.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]my birthday is July so it would have been 7 months before he popped up on that rubbish show "your face or mine"

Yeah must of been July time, as I can remember a lot of the doris's moaning they were missing the Big Brother final... (possibly the first ever?)
    Must've been a Friday then. BB started in 2000. I'm full of useless knowledge... :o)
  • Options
    I find him deeply meh.

I've seen most of the top stand ups in clubs on the way up and it's the way forward. Saw Louis CK recently at the Soho Theater and almost had to leave due to guts aching at the laughter.
  • Options
    Think I will book an un-needed triple tooth extraction without pain relief that day...much more fun.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Bcaddick[/cite]Think I will book an un-needed triple tooth extraction without pain relief that day...much more fun.[/quote]

...whilst listening to "tarzan boy" by Baltimore and having my testicles chewed off by a Bull Mastiff
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CommentAuthorKillersBeard CommentTimeOct 25th 2007 quote# 6
    Aside from Billy Connolly the funiest comedian curently about in my opinion.

Hmmm, he's a very funny man, but he's not Frankie Boyle is he? I think Evans is best doing his observational stuff, rather than pretenting to be Norman Wisdom.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Bcaddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Bcaddick[/cite]Think I will book an un-needed triple tooth extraction without pain relief that day...much more fun.[/quote]

...whilst listening to "tarzan boy" by Baltimore and having my testicles chewed off by a Bull Mastiff[/quote]

...and having each and every hair on my human body plucked out individually one by one
  • Options
    just had a text from the KB's clan......................they're having a ball, seems he's making at least 5 people laugh ;-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Bcaddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Bcaddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Bcaddick[/cite]Think I will book an un-needed triple tooth extraction without pain relief that day...much more fun.[/quote]

...whilst listening to "tarzan boy" by Baltimore and having my testicles chewed off by a Bull Mastiff[/quote]

...and having each and every hair on my human body plucked out individually one by one[/quote]

As well as having all my toe and fingernails removed with pliers.
  • Options
    He was excellent last night. Top of his game as usual. Really enjoyed it but the highlight was Gumbo buying me a beer....

First time in the arena at the O2 and we were in the upper tier but in the very front row... it's a truly cracking venue. Just a shame they didnt do it sooner.
  • Options
    Can't believe i'd never really heard of him before today !
    the guys a genius !
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0um-UTyNho
  • Options
    Love Lee Evans. No doubt he's not 'quirky' or 'clever' enough for some people, but i think he's great.
  • Options
    Read his autobiography last year, very down to earth and moving. It ends just as he makes it.

Recommended.