Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

if dowie had stayed ...

13»

Comments

• the mug went ages ago
    LATERS
  • [cite]Posted By: ct_addick[/cite]what were those things?

1. Inviting his brother into the changing rooms to help with team talks.
    2. Losing the players during a run on the morning before the match at Newcastle resulting in them having to hitchike on a motorway.
    3. Missing a match (can't remember what game this was)
  • 3. Missing a match (can't remember what game this was)

I don't think he missed a match, the allegation was that he got the team coach to drop him off at his aunt's house in Macclesfield the night before a match against one of the north west teams.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]3. Missing a match (can't remember what game this was)

I don't think he missed a match, the allegation was that he got the team coach to drop him off at his aunt's house in Macclesfield the night before a match against one of the north west teams.

Thus not staying with the team in their hotel.......I think you're right.

So anyway, why do people still go on about his sacking? Personally I think that he is responsible for bringing our club down to the depths we're at now at he's the person I hate the most in football. If I had one of those tests done showing the effect on heart beat, neurone activity etc I think that he and Bush would have about the same (negative) effect, and about equal to the opposite (positive) effect seeing a jm goal or Sarah Cracknell.
  • nope,even less convinced now.
  • there's no way we'd be worse off.... that is just so scary ... we'd have been better off keeping him.....
  • and we'd be better off now too if Pards had stayed, not that I wanted him to, but his successor has been even worse.
  • As I said on another thread the failure of managers who came to Charlton with good even excellent reputations underlines just how good Curbishley was.
  • never backzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Oohaah is right : the scary thing is we couldn't be worse off, unless we had got relegated to div one last season, which I don't think even the blundering Dowie could have managed.

Which isn't to say we shouldn't have sacked him. But what has happened since has been nothing short of tragic...you can't really blame Les Reed or Parkinson. It's the fella that came in between them and signed 30-something players in less than two seasons, the vast majority of them duds.

But that's all gone. It's what happens over the next month, in terms of decisions by the board, transfer dealings and results in ther next four games starting against Forest, that will determine our future over the next few seasons.