Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How do we turn the Valley atmosphere around?

OK, let's get positive - what can we do about this?

No drummer - can we get a new one?
Pre-match build-up: what can we do to improve (it's normally quite good apart from the Northerner)
How do we ensure there is singing from the very start of the match?
And likewise straight after half-time? (I can't remember the last time we really got behind the team for the first 5-10 mins of the second half - it's usually the worst time for the 'silence')
Can we have a song to encourage the team when we get a corner?
Can we come up with a positive chant/ song for Izzy ? - he is young and trying to prove himself

I'm there for the next home game, so happy to help in anyway I can.

Comments

• Options
    How about some really stupid cardboard clappy things ? :o)
  • Options
    Let's start with a new drummer.

Now all we need is to find one. Any volunteers?
  • Options
    close the East Stand, take the top tier off the North and restore the old covered end with its sloping tin roof
    thus the capacity will be reduced = lower compulsary allocation to away fans

the ONLY way forward!
  • Options
    how about scoring some goals ?...i'm sure thats been known to get the crowd going...
  • Options
    We hire that female Norwich Director to shout some drunken words out on the PA system at half time...

that'll be sure to fire us up!
  • Options
    employ players with a bit of passion and the balls to get us out of this division
  • Options
    We need the singers to be heard.

Claim the Jimmy Seed stand as the 'new' covered end and move the away supporters into the lower north where the acoustics will ensure they won't get heard...

;o)
  • Options
    Shoot the two whingeing bastards who were sitting behind me on Saturday :-)
    Seriously though, I think we all have a part to play in trying to gee the team up.....I'll start on Saturday regardless of how well we are playing
  • Options
    Next season, introduce a 'singers only' season ticket - ensuring all the singers sit close to each other in a big group.

;o)
  • Options
    even better, give some of the west stand to the away fans...it might liven it up a bit ;-) and reclaim the south stand.....remember what it was like when we first moved back to the Valley?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]We need the singers to be heard.

Claim the Jimmy Seed stand as the 'new' covered end and move the away supporters into the lower north where the acoustics will ensure they won't get heard...

;o)

Great idea - if they dare to make a noise we can pelt them with stuff from the Upper North, like Brum do to away fans ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]how about scoring some goals ?...i'm sure thats been known to get the crowd going...

I'm with ltgtr on this one....
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I've been getting told off all morning for making suggestions like that, so thought we'd better try and come up with some of our own ideas...
  • Options
    How about a ritual execution in the centre circle before each game?

We could drag out one of the whinging spectators from the East stand & then behead them, with a warning that YOU could be selected next week unless you sang your heart out for the next 90 minutes. We could pick out one of the old, moaning Valley Golders to start the whole thing rolling - as that would be no great loss to anybody!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]how about scoring some goals ?...i'm sure thats been known to get the crowd going...

I'm with ltgtr on this one....

I've been getting told off all morning for making suggestions like that, so thought we'd better try and come up with some of our own ideas...

and what happens if that goal doesn't come for 89 minutes? Sit on your hands and moan?
  • Options
    Nothing quite like a bit of ritual bloodshed before a match eh?
  • Options
    So what do we do to get more people to join in, then, Rothko? The big flag really helps beforehand. But then we kick off and it all goes quiet.
  • Options
    I bet Pards had a bit of ritual bloodshed after the match ....
  • Options
    Got a spare drum, Weegie?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Got a spare drum, Weegie?

Not that they'd let me bring on the plane from Scotland, Oggy...

(I've also got absolutely no sense of rhythm. Mind you, I can't sing either, but it doesn't stop me joining in VFR etc!)

Should we get the opera singer back??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]So what do we do to get more people to join in, then, Rothko? The big flag really helps beforehand. But then we kick off and it all goes quiet.

Cattle prods might work, summary execution as a last resort
  • Options
    Flairs may help.

Everyone should wear them........
  • Options
    I wear flairs.
    skinny at the top, clown at the bottom.
    didn't help on saturday.
  • Options
    I would like to volunteer for first Valley Golder to have his head chopped off on the centre circle.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]I would like to volunteer for first Valley Golder to have his head chopped off on the centre circle.
    The way we are going, you could find yourself in a long queue!!
  • Options
    Post free tickets in the Cherry Orchard estate ?
  • Options
    ...it's for a good cause!
  • Options
    So, we are all agreed.....bloodshed it is then.....who's first?????
  • Options
    i'm valley gold and i'm happy to be beheaded if we're in the top flight and we stay up !!!
  • Options
    me...me.....me.....me....me!