Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How do we turn the Valley atmosphere around?

Comments

• Options
    So that's the victim sorted - now who's the executioner??
  • Options
    If it'll liven things up, I'll do the first one.....Im sure Ive got a blunt axe somewhere...was hoping it would be the miserable bustards behind me on Saturday though :-)
  • Options
    How do you know Solid's not one of them??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tel-in-Oz[/cite]If it'll liven things up, I'll do the first one.....Im sure Ive got a blunt axe somewhere...was hoping it would be the miserable bustards behind me on Saturday though :-)
    it's got to be you , you sound like a right lump who'll have solidgones head off in one swing of the axe , nothing too messy just a clean cut
  • Options
    Ive not heard Solid whineging on here...lol
    West stand
    the row behind,Block C row S seat 143......that you Solid....:-)
    I prefer the messy blunt blade tactic and two to three swings ;-)
  • Options
    the barbaric nature of the southern hemisphere is really starting to come out in your Tel :-)
  • Options
    Its hard

But a drummer would be good i know you should not need one but lets just get a new one im sure there is someone out there.

North Upper & LOwer should be for people who want to get behind teh team and move all stiffs over to east and West even drop the price to encourage them to go.

Players now thats a thought it would be nice to have players that show passion so we can get behind them.

Why do these moaners come?

I had one in the N block

Sometimes came late always left early stand with his hands folded from the time he arrives to teh time he goes does clap cheer or even fucking smile, does nothing but moan moan and moan.

Why do you come its clear you dont enjoy it so why bother.

Another thing is MOVE SEATS

We just did as N block is crap moved over to H were there is more atmosphere so anyone sitting near stiffs ask to move it took 2 mins to re locate us on Saturday after the game, get with the singers and help make the noise levels louder
  • Options
    Its never been quite the same since the North stand opened really.....you would have thought that after however many seasons it has been now, that the singers would have managed to bunch themselves together. I guess seeing as the North is sold out its now going to be difficult for people to move around? Maybe its something worth trying to re-organise during the net close season? And Smudge......Ive always had a bloodthirsty streak mate :-)

Maybe we could rent a spotlight for the next home evening game, shine it on the north stand and if your caught not singing we could sacrifice the guilty person at the next home game? or alternatively do a random shine in the West and gradually kill off all our support? :-)
  • Options
    Apologies if this one has already been suggested but remove away fans from Jimmy Seed & put them in far end blocks of West Stand Upper & Lower or the far two blocks of East Stand. Loads of other clubs put away fans tucked away in corner why not us ? We than attack both ends with home fans behind each goal I am sure that creates an advantage whether in the mind of the home players or the opposition.
  • Options
    I agree
    I remember the old covered end when there was around 6-8k in the ground if that on some games and the atmosphere was a lot better
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Apologies if this one has already been suggested but remove away fans from Jimmy Seed & put them in far end blocks of West Stand Upper & Lower or the far two blocks of East Stand. Loads of other clubs put away fans tucked away in corner why not us ? We than attack both ends with home fans behind each goal I am sure that creates an advantage whether in the mind of the home players or the opposition.

I would suggest that the the reason the club don't do this is because season tickets are more expensive in the East and West stands. A season ticket behind the goal is £315 a season ticket in the East or West is £450 and I'm sure the Club would rather sell more tickets at £450 than £315.

You would also lose more of the more expensive seats due to segregation of fans.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tel-in-Oz[/cite]Ive not heard Solid whineging on here...lol
    West stand
    the row behind,Block C row S seat 143......that you Solid....:-)
    I prefer the messy blunt blade tactic and two to three swings ;-)

Dont know where that seat is but I am sure it's me........O...and do me a favour....could the blade be a bit rusty...I've always dreamt about having my head chopped off with a rusty blade on the centre circle - I know it sounds a bit kinky but hey ho it is my last request!
  • Options
    Good idea Ketman

Wont lose to much money as many of them at the end in the East are freebies anyway or they were as i used to get them as for teh West plenty of empty seats in there
  • Options
    Sounds a great idea, Ketman - can you have a word in the ear of the right people?

Not sure it solves the problem quickly enough for this season, though.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    what happened to the old drummer,did he get signed for the Dairy Milk advert?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]what happened to the old drummer,did he get signed for the Dairy Milk advert?
    yeah they pay him peanuts
  • Options
    Why stop at just a drummer? We should have a whole orchestra in the upper north, that would build up the atmostphere. Or pre match get a guitarist to play VFR on guitar, that would get everyone going.
  • Options
    VFR ala Hendrix and the star spangled banner....now youre talking!
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    VFR sung like an anthem is at internationals. the players all lined up , the camera running along the line and displaying on the big screen the players singing.
    any not singing then we revert to the beheading of shamed player, (izzy doesn't count as headless chicke.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzz)
  • Options
    I am all for people voicing their disapproval of a performance but FFS do at the final whistle not after 15 minutes if we are not 3 -0 up.

Look at the spuds game last season at home relegated but feck me that atmosphere was like the valley of old.

Get behind the team give em your all if they don't perform by all means tell them that is after all the only way we can not during the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe |'ve missed something but has the drummer quit, or perhaps just gone on holiday?
  • Options
    Agreed the Spuds game was like trhe Valley of old and made the hairs on my nec stand up awesome atmosphere that night VFR 6 times in a row and got louder and louder when they scored.

Instead of building a bonfire and putting Palace & Millscum on it put our whinging and moaning fans on it
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    replace the drummer with a bagpipe player.

what are we going to do without a drummer though? c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c
    c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c--c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-
    c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c--c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-
    c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c--c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-c-a-f-c-zzzzzzz
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

how will we cope?
  • Options
    many dont but i like Bagpipes

Would be nice to have them beofre a game again but not just 2 say a dozen at least
  • Options
    Just say No to bag pipes!
  • Options
    hang some microphones above the north stand so they come out ove the pa around the rest of the ground,
    Maybe ,just maybe everyone else will join in
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]many dont but i like Bagpipes

Would be nice to have them beofre a game again but not just 2 say a dozen at least

At last a sensible suggestion!!! Sorry, Solid ;-)

I'll have a word with the Campbeltown Pipe Band next time I'm in that part of the world - they were the ones who played on the original Mull of Kintyre. (I actually think they may have played at The Valley once before - anyone remember?)
  • Options
    I think the C-A-F-C chant sounds really pathetic and gay myself....

VFR on the other hand makes the hairs stand up on my neck.....anyone who was at the Spurs game will never forget it.....even the Spuds were in awe.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: eeladdick[/cite]hang some microphones above the north stand so they come out ove the pa around the rest of the ground,

Next time you are in the upper tier of the covered end, look up !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: eeladdick[/cite]hang some microphones above the north stand so they come out ove the pa around the rest of the ground,

Next time you are in the upper tier of the covered end, look up !

surely that echoes the booing aswell? or are they mysteriously turned off after 10 minutes?